AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2009-04-26, 14:42   Link #181
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jealousy View Post
in the visual novel, misuzu would die in the end, indeed.
but why in the anime she didn't? and so in the manga too...
Umm, they made it pretty clear that she was dead at the end of the TV-series too...
Old 2009-04-27, 01:27   Link #182
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Umm, they made it pretty clear that she was dead at the end of the TV-series too...
gah, sorry, looks like you are right, actually i missed eps 12 before and watched eps 13, so i thought she didn't die
now after i watched eps 12, i finally know she died

EDIT:

i just finished watching the movie and the manga.
all of them have a different ending.

in the movie :
misuzu died but yukito didn't disappear, and he was there at the time misuzu died. and after that, he continued his journey

in the manga :
misuzu didn't die and slowly recover, but yukito vanished, but at least his sacrifice to save misuzu didn't end in vain.

Last edited by Silent Jealousy; 2009-04-29 at 12:09.
Silent Jealousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 19:35   Link #183
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarn
Man, this is too sad for me.
Even a week after completing this series, it doesn't get out of my mind.
That's what separates the masterpieces from the rest of the shows out there.
Actually, three years on I find I don't think about Air very much anymore ... ^_^

Edit:
Ak, I just checked and it's FOUR years since the series finished! I can't believe it was so long ago.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 00:17   Link #184
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I go back and watch the series again every 5 months or so. It's one of those series where I can't get enough of it. Everytime I think I'm done with it for a while it lure me back in.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 13:48   Link #185
Nadezda

I just finished watching Air last night and I have to say I'm still torn up. It'll be days before I won't tear up just thinking about the ending.

I found this thread searching the net trying to figure out who those children on the beach are supposed be. I like many of the explanations here.

Regarding Key's explanation, as someone who's written short stories I'm always surprised when the readers have a completely different take of something I write than what I intended. It makes me re-read the story and let's me see how what was in my head wasn't properly translated to my hands. But I've never corrected the readers. A story must have two things; a teller and a listener. The two don't always agree on every element. But that is what makes a great story. The listener can take a part of themselves and put it in the story, making it their own.
Nadezda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 16:16   Link #186
eternal_bliss

I've just rewatched it for the first time and I fell in love again. It reminded me of all the things that made me love it in the first place.
eternal_bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 03:46   Link #187
KonataChan
Lucky Star Fan

yukito dosent die, he transforms into a crow
Old 2009-06-20, 21:58   Link #188
Lvrhina
Akamatsu Fan

Send a message via MSN to Lvrhina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I go back and watch the series again every 5 months or so. It's one of those series where I can't get enough of it. Everytime I think I'm done with it for a while it lure me back in.
because the animation is astounding
Lvrhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:05   Link #189
`s m i l e -
`s m i l e -

It's a good ending,I think.Although it's too sad.

I watched it for many times and I cried for many times.
`s m i l e - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 15:27   Link #190
animefanrk2k

Send a message via AIM to animefanrk2k Send a message via MSN to animefanrk2k
This is the only series that can emotionally move me the way it does. It only feels natural that the short and bittersweet story that ends the curse and let's life move on anew is a favorite of mine even to this day.

There is a lot in this series and that also helps to make it a worthwhile masterpiece.
Old 2011-03-27, 02:49   Link #191
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

The ending was the single moment this anime gave me a lasting impression. (Well, the ending, and the scene where Misuzu runs towards Haruko on the beach, as cliche as it is.) Though, I didn't actually cry, I was touched enough to. Misuzu...

Despite what others say, this ending is far more depressing than Clannad's
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 23:43   Link #192
Puddingman

I interpreted it in a hopeful kind of way.

I remember Misuzu saying things like, "My other half is in the sky", and I took that pretty literal. I took that to me she is 1/2 of Kanna, and well, Kanna is the other 1/2. Both of them seemed to have dreams throughout the show. I felt that Misuzu's dreams were about Kanna (because of the focus on wings and sky and things) and Kanna's dreams about Misuzu.

With this in mind I felt that every time Misuzu dreamed, she was giving life to Kanna. Because of Kanna coming back to life, her dream, Misuzu, would vanish. Sort of like a reuniting of the halves.
Also, wasn't Michiru a dream too? And when she disapeared, Minagi visited her new sister who looked like Michiru?

Then at the end when Yukito flies away in bird form he says something about finding the winged girl, because she has awoken. So to me it's like, Misuzu dies sort of, because Kanna wakes up and Yukito can continue his journey to find her in another form.

I don't know what to make of the two kids at the beach though, or the other girl's part...the girl with Potato (Piko Piko, love that). I just finished this series tonight and I've never seen anything like it. Very beautiful.