AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 17 19.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 14.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 28.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-11, 14:18   Link #21
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

I haven't read the manga so I don't have any data on the plot.

All along I've wondered if L has been planning for his eventual death and has made arrangements with someone even smarter than he is to take over. This other person could be completely anonymous and could have been watching things this whole time. In other words, since L has suspected Light all along, Light and Misa could have been under surveillance the whole time. Now that they know about the DN, they can check back on the Light surveillance and find out when he was using it.

Ep 26 is basically Ls diary or notes. This makes me think that someone else has been following the investigation and can really take over for L. After all, L knew that Light was Kira and so would anyone else he is working with.

L is really sharp and just as he didn’t trust anyone with his real name, he wouldn’t tell them about his fall back plans.

L flushed out the real Kira. Now its up to others to nail him.

It looks like there are at least 2 manga spoilers in this topic.

Itsn't that taboo here?

If I see a spoiler tag I'm assuming its for the anime. Since I've watched it I don't expect to be spoiled. I don't want to have to worry about a manga spoiler.

If you do put something in from the manga warn us.

This sucks. I don't want to hear about anything from the manga.

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-11 at 15:38. Reason: Double posts merged! Please use the "edit" button instead of double posting at such a short interval.
Old 2007-04-11, 15:30   Link #22
Super Ska Master

Jeez..I hope they can faithfully fit the remaining five volumes into 11 episodes. Now that I think about it, they can probably do it.
Old 2007-04-11, 15:44   Link #23
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdern View Post
It looks like there are at least 2 manga spoilers in this topic.

Itsn't that taboo here?
There is absolutely no manga spoilers allowed, even under spoiler tags, in this thread. I've taken a quick look at the posts in this thread and can't recognize any manga spoilers. You can always use the report button located under every username to notify a moderator if anyone is revealing future events from the manga/movie.
Old 2007-04-11, 17:23   Link #24
ReCoW

??

why is everbody acting like the best parts of the series is over. I think this episode was almost perfect. I mean what did you guys expect L IS DEAD ofcourse this is what they wil do, also The last part of this episode was so Perfect.

Don't give up on death note i intend to enjoy this till the end.....
Old 2007-04-11, 17:26   Link #25
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
There is absolutely no manga spoilers allowed, even under spoiler tags, in this thread. I've taken a quick look at the posts in this thread and can't recognize any manga spoilers. You can always use the report button located under every username to notify a moderator if anyone is revealing future events from the manga/movie.
I'd say the names of two unintroduced characters constitutes a spoiler.

Anyway, I gave it a 6 primarily because nothing really happened. Decent episode given that it was only 10 minutes long though. Also, I noticed that the animation quality has declined a bit, I hope it was just for this episode.
Old 2007-04-11, 17:32   Link #26
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
^ I didn't say their full name, only their initials.

You should be happy you haven't had every huge plot twist spoiled for you. Don't be a bloody baby and cry over me saying the initials of new characters, both of whom we'll probably know the full names of next week anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCoW View Post
why is everbody acting like the best parts of the series is over. I think this episode was almost perfect. I mean what did you guys expect L IS DEAD ofcourse this is what they wil do, also The last part of this episode was so Perfect.

Don't give up on death note i intend to enjoy this till the end.....
Nearly every manga reader you speak to will inform you how the quality drops after the death of L. I started to believe part 2 is going to be bad without even reading/watching any of it, so it kinda feels like DN has finished already.

I thought the author of DN had run out of ideas during the Yotsuba arc. I was given a nice surprise when the series returned to the high quality we'd seen before the Yotsuba arc, only for the best character in the series to be killed off not long after the return to quality. I really do think the author has used his/her last super twist with L, Rem and Watari getting killed off.

At least I only know one DN spoiler now L died and the time-skip has taken place - The ending. I'm hoping I'm wrong about the author and he/she will amaze me with another huge unexpected twist before the end.
Old 2007-04-11, 17:42   Link #27
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
^ I didn't say their full name, only their initials.

You should be happy you haven't had every huge plot twist spoiled for you. Don't be a bloody baby and cry over me saying the initials of new characters, both of whom we'll probably know the full names of next week anyway.
Just using their initials gives away even more. I'm just saying this thread is supposed to be safe for anime viewers, there's no reason to toe the line even with trivial things like that.
Old 2007-04-11, 17:51   Link #28
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Please delete any reference to "the guy with black hair" from your post. Simply informing us that the person in the opening with black hair will be involved in the plot is counted as a spoiler as he hasn't been introduced yet. Thank you.

^ That was a joke.

At least you've given me some hope to go against the huge amount of negative comments coming from manga readers, maybe DN won't become boring ...yet.

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-12 at 11:21. Reason: do NOT quote posts that contain spoiler!
Old 2007-04-11, 20:01   Link #29
QwertyAccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdern View Post
Recap ep. Nothing special except the last few seconds.

What that supposed to the the 2 Towers near the end?
Those two towers remind me of the World Trade Center :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post

Spoiler for Episode 26:
I noticed that time skip, I never seen the manga but I found myself wondering, alright 4 years later, and a timer goes off. I found myself wondering how reliable of a timer that is, haha. Its also notably a 00 Day timer limited to 99 days?
Old 2007-04-11, 23:44   Link #30
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I gave the episode a 6 because of the recap and not much excitement.

What I did find interesting was this little quote by Ryuk,

Ryuk- "Hey are you really going to take L's place?"

Light- "yeah."

Ryuk- "Then... thier won't be anything interesting to see."

I can't help but think Ryuk just summed up the rest of this series for us. Although I should say I believe the rest of the show will be entertaining, but it seems obvious that we've already reached the peak of this show.
Old 2007-04-12, 00:31   Link #31
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
A remarkably good ep for a recap, don't you think?
Anyways, it might not be so interesting from here on but it will still be good in its own way. I gave this ep a 9. I rated the recap "value" in it and since it had some new action to it, the score just got higher...
Old 2007-04-12, 04:13   Link #32
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
I noticed that time skip, I never seen the manga but I found myself wondering, alright 4 years later, and a timer goes off. I found myself wondering how reliable of a timer that is, haha. Its also notably a 00 Day timer limited to 99 days?
They showed the timer straight away iirc in chapter 59. It would've needed some super batteries to stay on for 4 years straight.

The other thing that was shown in the manga was one of team alphabet being called by his/her real name by one of the other kids...not sure if they'll show that next episode. Madhouse decided change the order of events around quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Rr0rex View Post
STFU and GTFO. It's granted that ANY person, shown in the intro of EVERY anime, will partake in the plot one way or the other.

OMG!!!! DON'T TELL ME, I JUST SPOILED A VASTNESS OF ANIME FOR U. ANIME THAT SHOW THEIR PROTAGONISTS IN THE OP... OH NOES!!
Please refrain from using such vulgar internet insults. We do not insult each other on this highly respectable forum, we believe that everyone should only show love to each other. Thank you.

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2007-04-12 at 04:24.
Old 2007-04-12, 04:35   Link #33
silverorange

Ok nobody has mentioned this yet but did you noticed that in that shot of New York the world trade center was still standing, i thought that seemed like an interesting allusion to the extent of Kira's power.
Old 2007-04-12, 05:56   Link #34
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Hmm up till now i still dont really understand... Why did L delete all his data? All his data up till now would only be useful for people to continue finding who is kira, so it dosent make much sense...

And apparently, L has some friends / brothers / sisters huh. I get a feeling its related to the church scene last episode.
Old 2007-04-12, 08:23   Link #35
Sun-Ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
Hmm up till now i still dont really understand... Why did L delete all his data? All his data up till now would only be useful for people to continue finding who is kira, so it dosent make much sense...

And apparently, L has some friends / brothers / sisters huh. I get a feeling its related to the church scene last episode.
Well his archenemy is right there to search all this data. its better to delete it or not?

I Think the kids shown were his orphonage friends or so.
Old 2007-04-12, 08:57   Link #36
_faithful_

i still hated it when L died but well now we gots something to look forward too i wonder how this is going to end please don't spoil it T_T
Old 2007-04-12, 11:36   Link #37
Ryuuzaki
Dark Intellect

Light's crazy killing spree was interesting to see...but he killed off alotta really cool guys...also it was interesting that pretty much the whole recap was spoken by L. But compared to previous eppies...eps 23-25 were better...
Old 2007-04-12, 12:04   Link #38
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I liked this episode. The recap reminded me of Death Note's good times, and the second part was good because it was original material, I guess. But I don't expect anything from the next arc, most probably the plot will be crap and the direction will be perfect like what happened with the recent episodes. But now that the new anime have started, I don't care that much.
Old 2007-04-12, 13:17   Link #39
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
Not the greatest episode so far, but good none the less. So... 2012 is the new time frame for the series... this is gonna get interesting
Old 2007-04-12, 13:51   Link #40
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Damn why do they need to even do a recap. It's almost a waste of an episode.
Closed Thread