AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-24, 13:51   Link #121
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
The Professor clearly has different plans looking at next week's preview and might have inserted some code that was triggered to wake up the "Mother Computer" AI which not even Matsumoto was able to detect.
Matsumoto is a highly advanced AI from the future. I think it's very unlikely he wouldn't notice the virus had that kind of code. It's infinitely more likely Matsumoto modified it himself.
Old 2021-04-24, 15:20   Link #122
bakato

First Gundam, now Nier:Automata.
Old 2021-04-24, 15:27   Link #123
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Given his Nier-like flying ability, why does Matsumoto "walk" by rolling over on the ground?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 18:21   Link #124
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Matsumoto is a highly advanced AI from the future. I think it's very unlikely he wouldn't notice the virus had that kind of code. It's infinitely more likely Matsumoto modified it himself.
While I was initially skeptical of the Matsumoto is evil angle, I have to admit that what it did was highly suspicious this episode. Whatever program it ran on Yuzuka's computer seemed very sketchy whatever it intends to run it for, and then there was the shutdown program not working on the Metal Float since the AIs booted back up. Either Matsumoto modified the shutdown programming so that the shutdown would be followed by a reboot, or the Mother Computer has failsafe measures in case of unanticipated shutdowns.

However, there is one thing that keeps me somewhat skeptical of Matsumoto being evil which apparently nobody on the Internet caught aside from me assuming that Funimation correctly translated this episode, and that is that Matsumoto indicated it and Diva had interfered in the events of a previous timeline, not just this current one, confirming my belief that Episode 1 indicated that they are on a time loop. Matsumoto said, "Meaning that our objective at the time served to hinder their romance" in reference to the Sunrise Hotel crash, and assuming the subs are accurate, this indicated that Matsumoto and Diva were directly involved in the crash in the previous timeline instead of Toak, killing thousands of people just to halt the evolution of AIs, and that Matsumoto is being updated with new information from the previous timeline every time the professor restarts the loop, which reduces the likelihood of Matsumoto being some rogue AI if it has history with Diva across timelines. Of course, I don't rule out that Funimation botched the translation, which would kill my speculation on this particular line of argument. Matsumoto has never struck me as being very humane, so it would not surprise me if it tried to slaughter thousands of humans because it believed that that would further its cause to stop the AI war.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 18:59   Link #125
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Maybe next time you can actually try to make sense in a single sentence.
That's not possible. The topic was on the audience trying to pull stuff out of their butts to try to defend the anime, so it was a lost cause from the start.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 22:49   Link #126
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Given his Nier-like flying ability, why does Matsumoto "walk" by rolling over on the ground?
Battery saver mechanism maybe? XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 23:25   Link #127
moridin84
Custom User Title

I think it's unlikely that Matsumoto modified the virus considering the preview.

Plus, if he did modify the virus then it will be obvious after a conversation with the professor. It would be difficult for him to convince Vivy to keep working with him if it was revealed.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 02:46   Link #128
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Are they gonna drag Mr. Princess Peach until his death in the story? This is one hell of a devoted guy.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 05:05   Link #129
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

I am starting to expect Kamen Rider Zero-One to pop out of nowhere and deal with the A.I. mess himself, lol.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 13:27   Link #130
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Plus, if he did modify the virus then it will be obvious after a conversation with the professor. It would be difficult for him to convince Vivy to keep working with him if it was revealed.

Maybe he wouldn't need to.

Think about it this way. Since the advancement of AI has been accelerated by roughly 20 years according to Matsumoto himself, we can assume judgement day will happen sooner too. If this is Matsumoto's true objective (make judgement day happen sooner) then we can assume that fucking up the island was his final move that would trigger judgement day now or in just a few years in the future. So Matsumoto wouldn't need to work with Vivy anymore after this.
Old 2021-04-25, 18:04   Link #131
Decel

What if the real mission is to save Yugo?

Once is an anecdote. Twice is a coincidence. Thrice is a pattern...
Old 2021-04-25, 20:26   Link #132
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I think it's unlikely that Matsumoto modified the virus considering the preview.

I think Matsumoto did not do a thing to the virus. Because he knew what it was for in the first place and his excuse in the end will be that he missed what it did.

I do not think there was ever a human/AI war in the first place. There was just a virus that made AI's attack humans and Matsumoto was sent back to make sure it succeeds. That is why he keeps speeding up AI advancement.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 21:13   Link #133
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think Matsumoto did not do a thing to the virus. Because he knew what it was for in the first place and his excuse in the end will be that he missed what it did.

I do not think there was ever a human/AI war in the first place. There was just a virus that made AI's attack humans and Matsumoto was sent back to make sure it succeeds. That is why he keeps speeding up AI advancement.
Yeah, probably.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 00:28   Link #134
magnuskn

Yeah, it's difficult to parse what exactly the motives of Matsumoto are at this point. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by now, but it's clearly also possible to think that he might still be up to no good.

As far as the AI advancement goes, it's pretty ironic that leaving the island be would have probably been the better course to take, because they very unequivocably were very content just serving humans. Introducing the virus may have fucked up things for humanity quite spectacularly.
Old 2021-04-26, 08:17   Link #135
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

the cat wire art was actually cute, and the ai even took the effort to use different colors. Would have liked to take that home. :>

M has a dream of taking care of children.. unfortunately, it's not meant to be.

scary how ai can be so friendly, then turn so violent the next second when provoked. They do have a legit reason this time, some terrorists want to destroy them, so they have to defend themselves.

the opening song is soooo good! Liking it a lot.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-27, 02:45   Link #136
scififan

Will this show ever have a clear agenda?

For example, the AI agenda in Beatless is clear. AI can either make or break humankind. Ultimately, humankind has to make decision wisely. AI may eventually have their own desire, but it is due to the wish of human.

WIthout clear agenda, it would be as angst AI running around.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 08:36   Link #137
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I think trusting the ex-Toak guy was reckless at best. The other guy being rescued for a third time...something had better come of it soon.

I'm getting a bit irked with how little this reveals each episode given how temporary characters that aren't Vivy are. Vivy is the only real hook. A cause/greater good goal is an end worth striving for, but yikes, this really needs more to be compelled by than a motivation like that.
Old 2021-04-28, 08:39   Link #138
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Those drones singing gave me tachikoma vibes (and yes, in that scene )
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-01, 10:51   Link #139
bakato

I have no idea what I just watched, but it was fucking cool.
Old 2021-05-01, 13:05   Link #140
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 6

Wow. Perhaps not quite a perfect episode, I thought the chase went on just a bit long, but... I really enjoyed the twists and the butterfly effect that Diva's actions have had.
Spoiler:

That's 6 out of 6 awesome episodes. Can't wait for the next one.

(Speaking of waiting... Funimation... you guys ok over there??)

Tags
anime original, sci-fi