AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 13 29.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 12:52   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
The love triangle is officially over!

Spoiler for haha:
We can now officially say goodbye to perfect god like Faldio, finally!

The smile has finally been brought back to my face with this adaptation, and that's a good sign.
Old 2009-08-09, 13:39   Link #22
Father Hentai

Spoiler for ...:
Old 2009-08-09, 15:05   Link #23
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
We can now officially say goodbye to perfect god like Faldio, finally!
Unpossible! The great Faldio can't miss!

His handsome, sigh-inducing eyes can actually calculate variations in changes of air direction, distance, resulting ballistic trajectories within the now and the next few minutes, and then split them to differing levels of probability thereby giving him the ability to actually choose the right conditions for himself. It's like seeing into the future based on probability and branching possibilities. "Fate", "destiny" and "chance" has no meaning in his sniper-god eyes—The Eyes of Sniper Perception—only choice. And—

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai
If we take all perspektive and take in count, that Faldio is a great sniper it is somehow obvious that he did not hit with purpose. Also he seems to be pleased with the results.
Oh.

See? I rest my case.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-08-09 at 16:01.
Old 2009-08-09, 15:53   Link #24
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Spoiler:
Blah! Alicia clearly has chosen Welkin and being in a one sided love can't be considered a triangle otherwise Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and me, is in a love triangle. I see Death flags all over Fabio now since he has served his purpose! Hmm either that or he'll turn into some creepy guy like Lezard Valeth in Valkyrie Profile.
Old 2009-08-09, 16:18   Link #25
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Blah! Alicia clearly has chosen Welkin and being in a one sided love can't be considered a triangle otherwise Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and me, is in a love triangle. I see Death flags all over Fabio now since he has served his purpose! Hmm either that or he'll turn into some creepy guy like Lezard Valeth in Valkyrie Profile.
So you're just using Angelina to get to Brad?
Old 2009-08-09, 18:04   Link #26
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Lets hope that this is the last episode the guys will be milking anymore of Isara's HHHHNNNNGGGGG death as I think I've had enough of HHHHHNNNNNGGGGG for this series. Anymore depression and I think I might injure myself to distract me from feeling sorrow ;____;

And see? Welkin does care. Very much so. That was a manly scream in the end, one filled with great pain. Too bad Alicia wasn't there to hug his head for the entire duration of his breakdown...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-09, 19:37   Link #27
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Too bad Alicia wasn't there to hug his head for the entire duration of his breakdown...
Well, she just left the room? I think she knew what would happen after she left the room but also knows that Welkin needs to go through this to let out the pain he collected the last two episodes. But then on the other side she waits for him.

All in all she did the best and let him have his emotions just flow out of him.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:56   Link #28
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I really can't help but to smile whenever people mention the phrase love triangle around here.

I hope nobody ever took that concept seriously in this show... But if you did... I am sorry

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:35   Link #29
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
So you're just using Angelina to get to Brad?
Sure if you admit that you're just going after Sheryl to be closer to her friend that green haired afro mushroom head kid who looks like she's five years old that sang that what about my star song.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:56   Link #30
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Sure if you admit that you're just going after Sheryl to be closer to her friend that green haired afro mushroom head kid who looks like she's five years old that sang that what about my star song.
Tou'che.

Personally I always liked Jennifer better than Angelina and thought Brad downgraded.
Old 2009-08-10, 03:36   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

His handsome, sigh-inducing eyes can actually calculate variations in changes of air direction, distance, resulting ballistic trajectories within the now and the next few minutes, and then split them to differing levels of probability thereby giving him the ability to actually choose the right conditions for himself. It's like seeing into the future based on probability and branching possibilities. "Fate", "destiny" and "chance" has no meaning in his sniper-god eyes—The Eyes of Sniper Perception—only choice. And—
This is what i love about these threads.
Old 2009-08-10, 05:17   Link #32
cloner4000

I think many of us are like...wait what's Largo holding...????wait WHAT's MARINA HOLDING, the Bielert Brothers too...it's a SNIPER RIFLE!!!!!!!!!!ohhh...
Old 2009-08-10, 13:57   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I actually enjoyed this episode a lot more then the game's version, and that is thanks to the added Welkin situation in this episode. The flashbacks of course, though the most important part is the final scene with Welkin's breakdown and Alicia's words. It's crazy to think how sloppy and awful the writing as been for the two for a while now, and then we get this episode. Seriously mind blowing.

Going by the episode preview for episode 20, this should be one hell of a roller coaster all the way upto the last episode.
Old 2009-08-10, 17:22   Link #34
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Finally, a bit of redemption for Welkin's character. I hope he continues to improve now that most of the drama is taken care of.

Little Isara was so cute. Miss her already
Old 2009-08-10, 17:53   Link #35
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Little Isara was so cute. Miss her already

That it was. The flashback of welkin and lsara's first meeting was so touching l almost teared up.... as to why she carried so little belongings as to how she felt welkin was weird because he easily accepted her. And then we have welkin asking alicia why he couldn't cry even though he was filled with so much hurt, pain and sorrow over losing lsara. Bravo anime writers you actually did something right!
Old 2009-08-10, 23:03   Link #36
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

Oh.

See? I rest my case.
You're fking awesome!
Old 2009-08-11, 00:47   Link #37
Snowman24

What kind of excites me about the preview for the next episode kind of makes it look like Princess Cordelia herself will head to the battlefield *She was dressed up in a military style outfit it seemed, with battle armor as well*

...maybe...hopefully, please!!. Now that would be awesome, seeing the princess commanding the Gallian forces in battle.
Old 2009-08-11, 01:04   Link #38
Sassarai
Army of One

So why did they put a huge spoiler in Valkyria Chronicles OP? Man, I found out a lot easier than Fabio that Alicia is a Valkyrie.
Old 2009-08-11, 03:40   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
So why did they put a huge spoiler in Valkyria Chronicles OP? Man, I found out a lot easier than Fabio that Alicia is a Valkyrie.
I'm pretty sure super Faldio watches the second OP long before all of us, so he's known for months already.
Old 2009-08-11, 04:01   Link #40
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
What kind of excites me about the preview for the next episode kind of makes it look like Princess Cordelia herself will head to the battlefield *She was dressed up in a military style outfit it seemed, with battle armor as well*

...maybe...hopefully, please!!. Now that would be awesome, seeing the princess commanding the Gallian forces in battle.
Oh my! Somebody must have thought a scene from Elizabeth: The Golden Age is a good source of inspiration for this particular scene before adding some more.

I wonder what Borg has in mind in all of this. Too bad Princess Cordelia doesn't have a trusted Sir Francis Walsingham-like spymaster to do "dirty jobs" such as taking Prime Minister Borg and other traitors out of the way.
Closed Thread