AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-15, 23:11   Link #461
shinigami99

Very good episode as usual. Great writing, great development. As someone said earlier, Aika is probably gonna pull an Aizen (though I doubt she is still alive). Hakaze and Aika look very similar though-maybe sisters? clones?

I really wish they use Beethoven's Tempest sonata as BGM for a scene (preferably a climax moment)
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 04:30   Link #462
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Gonna like the troll preview from episode 6 who made people angry over Aika
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 07:45   Link #463
Bern-san

Zetsuen no Tempest male cast are already celebrating Christmas in the December issue of Otomedia
The Kusaribe guys look so funny. And Samon always looks so cute with his ponytail.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

@DeltaRay can you give a source for the 2-cour thing? I've heard rumors but never got a confirmation about the length of the anime.
Old 2012-11-16, 07:57   Link #464
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
@DeltaRay can you give a source for the 2-cour thing? I've heard rumors but never got a confirmation about the length of the anime.
It's been mentioned here before, but the BD/DVD listings on the official website go past 7 volumes, meaning 2-cour.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 08:27   Link #465
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
the more i watch the more I'm convinced that Aika is pulling an Aizen here. There's just something not right about her. We don't even know why she's in Mahiro's family to begin with
Yeah Aika is really a character that intrigues me more and more,part of me is drawn to her and another scared as hell,I can't get what makes her tick.

Maybe it's the fanboy in me but I love what HanaKana is doing with the character and it's one of my favorite performances by her in a while.
Old 2012-11-16, 16:43   Link #466
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It's been mentioned here before, but the BD/DVD listings on the official website go past 7 volumes, meaning 2-cour.
Alright, at first I couldn't find how many volumes they were going to sell, and since they could end up it soon if they wanted I started to worry about its length
Old 2012-11-16, 18:33   Link #467
Arya

I'm really enjoying this show, I particularly love the tension you can feel between the three protagonists. Well, to be honest I'm liking them so much that I don't care much about the plot (or sub plot ) If this is an anime original, well, I would be quite satisfied with having more of that, more Aika plz!! But even having said that each character is far more interesting than your usual series. They are doing a really good job, it captures me from the very start to the very end. And that's happens rarely
Oh, and as always, great music!
Spoiler for Aika:

Aika is very intriguing, it seems that she knew a lot when probably she didn't, she seems to be interested in Yoshino, but she was even playing with him, behavior that should contradict the idea of her knowing more about whatever happened her later on. but in this same episode it feels like she was setting them up with all that be friend with Mashiro and be nice with Yoshino.
On her inviting him at the summer house, well, there's a bit of tactlessness of her toward Mashiro, isn't it? She knew that Mashiro had feelings toward her, but still. Or ...

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 21:49   Link #468
novalysis

I wonder, had Yoshino been of the female gender, I think there would have been a huge and vocal base of shippers that would have shipped Mashiro and Yoshino together....

Nevermind.....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 22:58   Link #469
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I wonder, had Yoshino been of the female gender, I think there would have been a huge and vocal base of shippers that would have shipped Mashiro and Yoshino together....

Nevermind.....
Already happening huh?

I like their relationship, since there is some intrigue surrounding both of them. And most of all, Aika. She seems to understand a lot more than either of the boys. Great voice acting too.

Lol hakaze seems like the only character that isn't mysterious to me, and i like that. We know what she's thinking and it serves as a nice contrast to the others. BTW, anyone know how old she is?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:29   Link #470
king12354

Great episode. The interactions between characters and especially Aika as a character are very well done. The best series so far this season.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:59   Link #471
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
I'm glad Aika didn't kiss him, to be honest she's just playing him. The siblings actually want each other its so freakin obv. Yoshino needs to back out and find a better girl cuz lets be honest, he really deserves better
Old 2012-11-17, 01:25   Link #472
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Yoshino needs to back out and find a better girl cuz lets be honest, he really deserves better
May I point out that the girl was last seen sitting on a chair, in a bloody mess, and appeared quite dead!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 02:48   Link #473
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
May I point out that the girl was last seen sitting on a chair, in a bloody mess, and appeared quite dead!
I have two responses for that.

1) Details, details. Who looks at them anyway.

2) This is an anime with MAGIC in it. Who says she can't be brought back somehow?

Having said all that. I'm shipping Yoshino and the Mage in a Barrel.
Old 2012-11-17, 05:37   Link #474
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
I'm glad Aika didn't kiss him, to be honest she's just playing him. The siblings actually want each other its so freakin obv.
I don't see that at all, if you ask me, she made her choice. There is a reason its YOSHINO who she is secretly spending time with and not Mashiro. She didn't call Mashiro late at night or early in the morning like she did the other. If she was playing him, she'd be teasing Mashiro while leaving Yoshino in the dark. The thing here is that not only does both Yoshino AND Aika know Mashiro has feelings for her, they both are purposely acting oblivious to keep him from knowing because of this. If anyone is getting played, it was Mashiro.

She seems to just have been trying to be as vague as possible on purpose, cause we can see Mashiro would notice odd things between the two. And I'm sure she didn't want him to know not only she was dating, but dating the guy who's in front of his face everyday. He'd be beyond ticked off....

Not just that, but one thing she values probably more than her relationship with Yoshino is Mashiro's relationship with Yoshina. They got a good friendship going which is definitely good for the both of them, don't need no messy love triangle drama getting in the way of that. She probably knew this.

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 2012-11-17 at 05:57.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 09:33   Link #475
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I certainly would've been one. Osananajimi ftw!

TBH though, the fujoshis I hang out with are more vocal about MahiroXYoshino than they are of say, the explicit one happening in Shin Sekai Yori as of now. Might just be the group, but the subtlety is what drives the fujoshis I know.

And unlike what another poster has said, there's PLENTY of BL bait in Zetsuen. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 10:18   Link #476
Bern-san

The thing is until the anime started airing I (and even a fujoshi friend who reads manga) never considered the possibility of Yoshino x Mahiro pairing.

If I had to ship a BL pairing it would be Mahiro with another character, but definitely not Yoshino.

I blame the anime for those BL feels which prevent fanart with my pairings I hardly see Yoshino x Aika fanart for example.
Old 2012-11-17, 10:34   Link #477
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
The thing is until the anime started airing I (and even a fujoshi friend who reads manga) never considered the possibility of Yoshino x Mahiro pairing.

If I had to ship a BL pairing it would be Mahiro with another character, but definitely not Yoshino.

I blame the anime for those BL feels which prevent fanart with my pairings I hardly see Yoshino x Aika fanart for example.
Which....as you should know....is damn sad...
Old 2012-11-17, 21:06   Link #478
GundamZZ
残念美人

If you want to make the comparison about this season, the genre is more like this:

Chuunibyou suspects->K, Zetsuen no Zetsuen, Code Breaker, Sword Art Online
Yandere suspects: Zetsuen no Zetsuen, Code Breaker
BL suspects-> K

While K looks like it has everything despite nothing, someone believes those plots are just disguises. The real plot is intrinsic. It is hidden in each episode. Zetsuen no Zetsuen's writers may have same motivation. It has another trip down the memory lane. A dead person has more screen time than most living persons. It didn't happen since the Tasogare Otome. Besides, Aika wants them to stay as friends. The romantic implication seems shallow, it may suggest some inevitable future.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 07:05   Link #479
blewin

the repeated appearance of Aika in every episode shows just how important Aika is to each main character despite her being dead, that even her absence only gives emphasis to her "presence". It's chilling to see how those two can never seem to let go of the past.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 12:57   Link #480
Dop
Mmmm....

I am absolutely loving these backstory scenes, which I'm finding as interesting as the main story if not more. I'm looking forward to the inevitable conflict when Mashiro finds out about Yoshino and Aika (and I still suspect Yoshino knows more about Aika's death than he lets on).
I can't wait to see how all the threads tie together.

And I'm still loving that gorgeous soundtrack.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen