AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-03-25, 02:53   Link #81
Spooky-Electric

I love how people complain about the new OVA leaving out manga scenes yet praise Gonzo's version of Hellsing in the same exact post. I guess they missed the last half of Gonzo's version where they throw everything from the manga out the window and turn the series into complete and utter garbage.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 11:32   Link #82
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hellsing OVA II

HELLSING's web has announced the release date for the second OVA scheduled for the coming August 4th.

A fifteen-second teaser trailer has been uploaded as well.

It would be the f*** bomb of laughter insanity with the Valentine Brother's raid into the Hellsing mansion.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 12:49   Link #83
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Announcements from the HELLSING web.

The release date for the second OVA volume will move to the 25th of August, initially scheduled for the 4th of that month.

Like in the previous volume, the second OVA will be released in two editions.

Premium
Includes OVA Preview in Broken English ver.
- OVA Preview in OURS ver.
- OVA Promotion
- Non-Credit ED sequences for volumes 1 & 2
- Commercial Eyecatches
- Fish & Clips
Price stipulated at 7500 yen

Standard
Without the featurettes
Price stipulated at 5700 yen

Screen pics for the second volume.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 10:05   Link #84
kari-no-sugata

Ep2 is very nice.

Some of the extra scenes are great.

Ahh, proper OVA quality animation. Would be nice if OVA series became more popular and we could get more of this...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 12:31   Link #85
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So, I was kind of feeling down because I'm stuck at home on Sunday due to the rain and my game was cancelled. I turn my PC on, and ZOOOOOOOOOOMG!!!!111 The second episode for this OVA was out!!! HeeeHeheehheheheeehehe.. And OMG! OMG! The lord said, "let there be blood" and behold gallons and gallons of blood.. slurp your tongue. Sorry, I'm just giddy.. You'll be too when you watch this episode. Some screencaps to wet those tongues:

The drawing is amazing as usual, plus, the CG blending has improved in this one compared to the first episode, so we don't see any bloods "floating." I still wish these animators would improve on their sense of style. Afterall, Hellsing is all about style. Gonzo had it, but too bad they are so meddlesome with stories. Btw, my second favorite charcter, Shinigami Walter, debuts in this one.

WOooHOoo....

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 15:30   Link #86
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

I love episode 2! The violence is enough for the Jan and Luke arc. ie: OVA > TV.

But Arucardo's line on ova 2 is tad short for his ownage, even through he has a long story to play with, isn't it?

Spoiler for "OVA 3":
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 17:10   Link #87
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevency
I love episode 2! The violence is enough for the Jan and Luke arc. ie: OVA > TV.

But Arucardo's line on ova 2 is tad short for his ownage, even through he has a long story to play with, isn't it?
Not quite sure what you mean here...

Quote:
Spoiler for "OVA 3":
Well, they just covered 120 pages of v2 (of 160). And a couple of pages from vol 4 (Alucard's dream)

Hmm, I wonder how much they'll cover with OVA 3...? OVA 1 was 50 mins. OVA 2 is 42 (including a bunch of extra scenes). If OVA 3 is ~50 mins again and there's no extra scenes, they could certainly do the Balance of Power + Elevator Action story arcs fully. It's hard to imagine them splitting it.

PS One slightly dissapointing thing about OVA 2 is that the scene early on with Selas and Alucard (when he's dissing her for not drinking blood) is cut short compared to the manga. They cut out a number of lines...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 08:08   Link #88
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Luke has more fighting moves! Luke's fights were sweet! It was better than the TV version. Loads of dripping blood too. The montage at the end was sad, but Seras looked good in that dress. Loved it!
Old 2006-08-28, 15:27   Link #89
9mmx19

Oh man awesome - cant wait to watch 2. I watched the original series and it was only okay but I never read the manga so I had nothing to compare it to. Compared to that the OVA is fucking sweet.

Oh damn I got the RAW so I have no idea whats going on. Doh.

Last edited by 9mmx19; 2006-08-29 at 00:04.
9mmx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 20:03   Link #90
Ebichuman
Ebichu Transform!

Wow, OVA 2 was simply suoerb! Alucards transformation was everything I had hoped for. I even got goosebumps from it. Now, the next OVA will be what I've really been waiting for... The rest of the manga in animated form!
Old 2006-08-30, 22:05   Link #91
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 13:17   Link #92
Tatsurou

Ahhh... my favourite vampire show(movies, tv, anime all inclusive) shining again... this 2nd OVA is quite mindblowing in terms of the creepiness and gore.

Spoiler for "Anyone wonder..":
Tatsurou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 14:39   Link #93
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Anderson wasn't dodging bullets and crap. And Anderson isn't a vampire, either--just a mere human. Alucard went overthetop because he was all ready for some hot vampire on vampire action. Luke tricked Alucard into thinking Luke was the real deal; Alucard was expecting Luke to release his powers as well.

That dream sequence at the beginning was interesting. Hard to imagine Alucard completely losing like that. He must have been merely "uber" back then, as opposed to the "completely broken" at present.
Old 2006-08-31, 17:33   Link #94
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Anderson wasn't dodging bullets and crap. And Anderson isn't a vampire, either--just a mere human. Alucard went overthetop because he was all ready for some hot vampire on vampire action. Luke tricked Alucard into thinking Luke was the real deal; Alucard was expecting Luke to release his powers as well.

That dream sequence at the beginning was interesting. Hard to imagine Alucard completely losing like that. He must have been merely "uber" back then, as opposed to the "completely broken" at present.
I suppose the old dude, the one who was driving in that stake, is one of Integra's ancestor who will be later responsible for molding Alucard into such monstrosity. I've been resisting the urge to read the manga for a long time, but those extra scenes have been playing a havoc on my resolve. I won't break, I think!
Old 2006-09-01, 21:15   Link #95
Nico

"you're more piece of shit than man. Now you can become a piece of dog shit"

classic
Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 16:56   Link #96
Arcardo
The Invicible

Send a message via MSN to Arcardo
Hellsing Ultimate OVA 3?

hi guys...

anyone now or heard something about when Hellsing Ultimate OVA 3 will come out?
Arcardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 00:09   Link #97
Reku

OVA 2 just came out and you're asking already? Show some patience!
Reku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 02:23   Link #98
Arcardo
The Invicible

Send a message via MSN to Arcardo
yeah yeah i now i was just wondering if someone heard anything
Arcardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 18:54   Link #99
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcardo
hi guys...

anyone now or heard something about when Hellsing Ultimate OVA 3 will come out?
Even if there was a release date out for episode 3, I doubt if the animation studio would stick by it. After all, episode 2 came out about 5 months late (or was it 6?) from it's original projected release date. If you are looking for an estimate then I would guess we are in for another wait of, at least, 4-6 months.
Old 2006-09-23, 10:17   Link #100
Ptolemi
Banned

WARNING: I like anime. I watch different kinds, but i am not too introduced into the anime world knowledge of who is popular, who has done what, which anime is a shining example of anime is, etc. I have not yet begun to like mangas so if i say anything stupid don't kill me for it >.<

I just watched the first one. I can simply describe it as... orgasmic!!!

I watched the original and i just got hooked on Hellsing. I tought that was the most gory, bloody, kick ass thing ever. I mean hell before that i have never really watched anything as gory or as action packed as Hellsing.

The original did according to me several things much better than the OVA:

First was the character development. I tought it developed characters much much better than the OVA. When Alucard made fun of Seras for not drinking the blood or the introduction of Integra when she met him for the first time. I guess the OVA is suppose to be more for ppl who have watched the original and just gives another way of introducing it or something

Second was the music. The first has music that was godly. This one felt kinda too rock/techno i guess and it did not make me immerse into the fight better. I liked the way the music, even though it was slower, of the original made me think while watching "HOLY SHIT".

Third was the damn part of Seras that was cut out. Fricking i loved when she said "Masta" and dragged it out and i tought it was just cool. DAMN YOU ALL!!!!

That is about it. The new look is awsome. However does anybody feel like Seras boobs are... too big? I mean holy crap the bullet that blew a hole trough her breast was a big ass bullet and it was still a small freaking part of her boob that was gone... seems unhealty to me. She must have to supply a lot of blood for those suckers

Another thing i loved is how the cops and guns were given more detail. The ghouls of course as well as the background. All of it has more detail.

I love thow they have upped the "sexiness" of Seras. She looks more vulnarable i guess giving a more of a liking to her. Her character has MUCH more life in it than the previos one, BUT was introduced much much less.

Overall it was awsome.

I just got two questions:

/Mod Edit: This show is licensed (thus the reason it is listed in the DVD & Licensed forum). Please read our Forum Rules before asking such questions. Thanks. ~ Catgirls

Second are vampires able to reproduce? I mean like sexualy not biting a virging of the opposite sex. If you can't cause you like loose your virginity and turn somehow into a ghoul (if i rmemeber correctly you got to be a virging to become a vampire) that would make immortality boring to a very large extent

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-09-23 at 10:50.
Ptolemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen