AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-09, 23:29   Link #4521
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Midlane has gotten a fair bit of variety as of late.

Toplane on the other hand. I'm sick of seeing Mundo, Shyvanna and Renekton every game. And the very occassional warwick or trundel to counter them.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 00:57   Link #4522
Hana
izumi

I think LeBlanc is a good state right now. I"m also sad where the state of top lane is at now. With the new OP defensive masteries, tanky top laners will just outscale anyone else. I do miss me my Riven, Jayce, Kennen top lane.. Although I guess I can play them mid now..
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 01:26   Link #4523
Pocari_Sweat

Thankfully, defensive masteries and doran shield is getting nerfed, as is Renekton's early game (and compensated by a stronger lategame). Hopefully this will give rise to more toplane bruisers which have fallen off in usage.
Old 2014-02-10, 02:00   Link #4524
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I wouldn't say Support is being as varied as it should until you reach Diamond. Since top, jungle and mid get the ban focus on ranked, Leona and Thresh are in virtually every game. Getting really tired of that. The tank meta isn't just making top lane stale - it's affecting support as well. Too many people just assume they can pick squishier champs and that support taking Leona/Thresh fixes everything. Which is a stupid mentality to have.
Old 2014-02-10, 03:21   Link #4525
Pocari_Sweat

As much as there are problems in the game atm, I still think this season is better than season 3 where assassins blew up everything. It wasn't very fun. I think season 2 was the best though despite seeing anivia, karthus, orianna midlane, irelia, jax and jayce top lane was and the ezreal, graves, corki botlane was. The game felt a lot more "smooth" and stable and less snowbally back then.
Old 2014-02-10, 04:25   Link #4526
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

No offense but season 2 was tanky tops and safe AD carries. This early part of season 4 is very history repeating. The only real difference is a few mids for greater clearing and junglers are playmakers rather than supportive.
Old 2014-02-10, 04:42   Link #4527
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

LS, is there a wallpaper sized version of your sig?
Old 2014-02-10, 06:56   Link #4528
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for Heartseeker Ashe full size:
Old 2014-02-10, 07:09   Link #4529
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

noice, no 1920x1080?
Old 2014-02-10, 08:43   Link #4530
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The one I gave is the standard size for League of Legends splash art.
Old 2014-02-10, 09:09   Link #4531
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
No offense but season 2 was tanky tops and safe AD carries. This early part of season 4 is very history repeating. The only real difference is a few mids for greater clearing and junglers are playmakers rather than supportive.
Safe AD carries you're right on (ezreal, graves and corki all had escapes and good midgame dmg whilst being able to sufficiently carry in the lategame. S2 was ADC's season.), but toplane was about Trinity force bruisers (Irelia, Jax) with a bit of Jayce and Vladimir. They weren't "tanks" in the strictest sense, but they did build tanky after TF. The most common build was Trinity Force --> GA --> Omen. They're role are much different from tanks though. Both Irelia/Jax was to go into the midgame and dive onto the enemy ADC. Midlane was a farm fest with the likes of anivia, karthus and orianna who scale really well into the lategame with farm. Junglers were based on who could clear fast and who could gank well, which is why maokai and skarner were very popular.
Old 2014-02-10, 11:08   Link #4532
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
They're role are much different from tanks though. Both Irelia/Jax was to go into the midgame and dive onto the enemy ADC.
Pretty sure that's what Renekton, Trundle and Shyvana are doing. Mundo, perhaps not.

Quote:
Midlane was a farm fest with the likes of anivia, karthus and orianna who scale really well into the lategame with farm.
I think you're forgetting Gragas was a regular at the business end of Season 2. He's still a regular and a farmer. Anivia and Karthus may be out but Orianna is still a regular. Ziggs is farming central and not that different from Anivia in how much he can negate pushes. Global presence of mids has declined since Karthus and Twisted Fate are not in anymore. The farm fests, particularly in Europe, have not stopped.

Quote:
Junglers were based on who could clear fast and who could gank well, which is why maokai and skarner were very popular.
Unless they're Meteos, I think junglers have become very fast-clear and gank-heavy oriented again. Diamondprox, Jankos, Cyanide, TheOddOne, Crumbz - they are very active. The armor changes on turrets is discouraging 2v1s and switching jungler focus from defending the outnumbered to getting mid ahead. But they are playmakers/potential to carry themselves. Maokai and Skarner are in the wilderness because Elise and Vi do it better.
Old 2014-02-11, 09:44   Link #4533
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Really?

I feel like I see Kayle, Ziggs, Gragas, Ori, Riven, Kha'Zix, Yasou, and Nidalee more often currently for mid laners (ignoring kass due near 100% ban rate). Though LB is a solid pick, atm.
I worded that awfully. I ment in competative play.
I don't have a problem with Leblanc as she is in game, but I'm sick and tired of seeing almost every LCS game having a Leblanc.

I'm also wondering if the Thresh nerf will do anything (AA range reduced). I don't really have a problem with him, but similarly to Leblanc, I'm tired of seeing him in every game (Both competative and Soloqueue this time).

Skarner is hella fun right now. I think Xerath might be broken (as in OP), but it's too early to say. Ziggs nerf made me happy, and the Kayle Nerf was way too hard, imo. Goodbye to Mid Kayle.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 10:06   Link #4534
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, it wasn't so long ago Thresh was a constant ban. Then everyone became freaked out by Mundo and Shyvana, along with the re-emergence of Kha'zix & Kassadin and the threat of Yasuo. When the usual bans suddenly get replaced all at once, things like Thresh will be regular. However, it is rather hilarious how many people will play it on ranked just because it's open when they either don't even know how to play it or into the team comp that obliterates it.

Kayle deserves the nerf....I don't care what anyone else says. Even the pros think it needs it. LeBlanc...a problem, but...the snowball is mandatory. An LB that falls behind is fairly deadweight. And...there are ways to punish an LB pick.

Xerath already is OP and will be moreso now. Frankly, it's about time Xerath became 'the way'. Would make for changes all round to handle Xerath.

Hmmm, Skarner rework. I could use something other than Nautilus, Sejuani and Vi to jungle with.
Old 2014-02-11, 18:17   Link #4535
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Vel'Koz, Eye of the Void revealed
Old 2014-02-12, 04:32   Link #4536
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

His Battlecast skin is the best.
Old 2014-02-12, 04:47   Link #4537
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I am sincerely hoping the Xerath rework and the imminent arrival of Vel'koz changes what gets played in mid lane. I think it would also trigger some changes in supports to handle those two. Interesting times ahead.

*sigh* Today's patch didn't have Heartseeker Ashe skin available....
Old 2014-02-12, 16:12   Link #4538
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I tried new Xerath in a custom game and the range on his ult is just hilarious. Also he does way more damage early game.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 23:43   Link #4539
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Xerath is far more mobile and far more fun with the rework. Skarner on the other hand does need more work to make the changes actually fit him. So far mid lane seems to still consist of Yasuo, Riven, Ziggs, LeBlanc, Lulu, Xerath (probably), Mordekaiser, Gragas, Kayle? (Haven't seen her nerf play yet), Kha'Zix, Zed

So a lot of variety.
Old 2014-02-17, 03:03   Link #4540
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Just because Mordekaiser was picked one single time doesn't make him a popular pick. I agree on the others though.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol