Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-25, 10:52   Link #1
wnkryo
HainShodan

One Piece foxbox popularity has grown!

They now show One Piece at 8:00am and 9:30am. Does this mean 4kids will license the rest of the series becuase of growing popularity?
Old 2004-12-25, 15:29   Link #2
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
Hopefully, they make the dub better <__<

Meh, sorry, no bashing =/

Anyway, why do i even post here? FoxBox doesn't send in Sweden, atleast they don't send One Piece...<_>
Old 2004-12-25, 16:54   Link #3
Kouji
StrykerX

Still, 4Kids isn't up to Bandai Entertainment's quality of dubbing. Or Bandai's like the supreme anime dubber in the U.S. And for 4Kids, I still don't trust them to this day. Which's why I didn't watch the morning shows today, instead I just played Tekken 4 on PS2.
Old 2004-12-25, 17:28   Link #4
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
They now show One Piece at 8:00am and 9:30am. Does this mean 4kids will license the rest of the series becuase of growing popularity?
They already have the full series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Still, 4Kids isn't up to Bandai Entertainment's quality of dubbing. Or Bandai's like the supreme anime dubber in the U.S. And for 4Kids, I still don't trust them to this day. Which's why I didn't watch the morning shows today, instead I just played Tekken 4 on PS2.
Disney does better dubs... of course they don't do tv series though.
Old 2004-12-25, 23:04   Link #5
BreakFight

I somehow doubt they licensed the whole series, seeing as One Piece is still being made in Japan.

As far as dubs go, I'm not even sure.

4Kids usually butchers things to a ridiculous extent, so I don't even bother watching.
Old 2004-12-25, 23:14   Link #6
Phantom Blade

i dont get why the dubs are so horrible tho. It's not like englisher speakers have no talent... i mean look at other cartoons America has produced. Disney, Simpsons, etc etc etc. Why cant they hire some professionals.

and one piece on Foxbox is so... like weird. It feels like im watching something made in the 80's
Old 2004-12-31, 09:47   Link #7
asianboi2k

Quote:
and one piece on Foxbox is so... like weird. It feels like im watching something made in the 80's
Agree on that, I watched the preview commercial for FMA, they totally screwed up the explanation in the begining of what alcham is. The voices for the dub sucked, it had no feeling or excitement, seemed they were doing the dubs in their sleep.
Old 2004-12-31, 14:07   Link #8
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
They will probably License the whole series when its finished(Whenever that is :P). But, The lil shts alrdy butchered the Show into a Complete Kids show, I wish Funi or someone else Licensed it ~_~...
Old 2004-12-31, 14:55   Link #9
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi
They will probably License the whole series when its finished(Whenever that is :P). But, The lil shts alrdy butchered the Show into a Complete Kids show, I wish Funi or someone else Licensed it ~_~...
...Kid's show? I know little 4 and 5 year old kids who say it's a BABY show. Even their target audience refuses to watch it. Maybe some burping, drooling 1 year olds will watch it, because they can't yet realize how much it sucks.
Old 2004-12-31, 15:07   Link #10
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, overall just watching One Piece on the FOX BOX is just gross. And everything's been messed up, so much so that it's to the point where it's laughable. I dunno what went through 4Kids' minds to think this low.
Old 2004-12-31, 15:22   Link #11
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
Usually when they do these 1hour 'blocks' so early in a series' season, it means that another show is being ousted and they're trying to boost this show's popularity.
Old 2005-01-01, 18:47   Link #12
BreakFight

Well, I guess the bottom line is don't watch foxbox.

They sort of.. change everything...

Blood turns into air and cigs turn into lollipops.

Its as unpredictable as the Grand Line!
Old 2005-01-01, 23:57   Link #13
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakFight
Well, I guess the bottom line is don't watch foxbox.

They sort of.. change everything...

Blood turns into air and cigs turn into lollipops.

Its as unpredictable as the Grand Line!
But I would find the Grand Line less horrifying and irritating.

I really hope that 4kids give up on trying to market One Piece.

I really, really hope that they lose a but load of revenue for this idiotic mistake with the most hopeful scenario being that 4kids stops liscensing anymore anime.

And the fact remains that I don't believe that there as many kids out there would are mindless enough to wake up early in the morning to watch 4kid's Crap Piece.
Old 2005-01-03, 21:24   Link #14
BreakFight

XD

http://www.deviantart.com/view/11707485/

Just too funny

"One Piece... of crap"

but.. its true....
Old 2005-01-04, 19:46   Link #15
Suikun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakFight
I somehow doubt they licensed the whole series, seeing as One Piece is still being made in Japan.
I'm almost positive they have the entire series licensed. Usually, whether the show is running in Japan or not makes no difference. For example, 4Kids had all of Yu-Gi-Oh! while it was still running (and now has rights to all of Yu-Gi-Oh GX) and also has rights to all of Pokemon even though it's still running.

And, yeah, that is one of the funniest flash animations I've seen - every bit of it fits 4Shame... er, 4Kids perfectly.
Old 2005-12-19, 01:53   Link #16
Dark`
The Terror of Death

It's more than likely that 4Kids just has the basic "One Piece" anime licensed, in the fact that the own the rights to distribute the product in North America and whatnot. However, owning the license for distribution and owning the whole series isn't quite the same (imho). What I think is that basically 4Kids is the only ones that have the right to release One Piece as an anime in NA, but they must still purchase the actual episodes from the Japanese production company and then go through their butcheri...I mean, editting, of each episode, then dubbing over the voices, etc etc.

So does 4Kids have the whole series licensed? In a manner of speaking. They're the only ones who can distribute it (so that's sort of a yes), but they don't necessarily have all the episodes yet (which, to some people, can mean no).

And...I see the last post before mine was Jan 4th...by now, this post probably doesn't even amount to a hill o' beans...
Old 2005-12-19, 03:18   Link #17
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

My first ever post on animesuki was in this thread T_T...

it took place 1/15/05...

I talked about how I didn't know The OP dub wasn't anything like the real anime and I felt something wasn't right which made me search for the real eps...Looks like the only reason Toonami put the dub on hiatus was so they could link-up the chopper episodes with the X-mas season...Ya know the whole winter wonderland and Chopper being a reindeer thing...So it hasn't been cancelled...So it looks like I'll have to change my New Years Resolution a bit now ...
Old 2005-12-27, 00:26   Link #18
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I like the dub, it seems to fit the strange chracters of teh show..
Old 2005-12-27, 00:37   Link #19
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It doesn't.

Have you seen the Japanese version?
Old 2005-12-27, 01:57   Link #20
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
not yet, but i'll watch it when i get the chance..
Closed Thread