AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-06, 04:33   Link #801
Qu!ck
ZZOOOOMMMMBBBBIIIIEEEEESS

Send a message via AIM to Qu!ck
^Contradictary, but whatever.

I found some of the sounds were useful, such as the sawlike sounds while Katsura was slicing open Sekai's corpse to check for a baby. Others, such as the sound of Sekai's body hitting the ground, were funny and unrealistic. It sounded like she was turned inside out and dropped into a muddy puddle.
Old 2008-05-30, 05:09   Link #802
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Seen the DVD uncensored version of this episode...and the ending still gets me even though I already know whats coming. But now, its all in full sound and visuals.

Spoiler for 0_0:
Old 2008-06-01, 00:37   Link #803
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Dang, I marathoned this.

Can't say I'm "happy" about watching this, but I'm glad I finally got a chance to see it.
I dunno, this wasn't particularily fufilling or satifying.
I was intrigued that it was a romance anime... But in the end, can't say it really was romance in the typical sense, it was definately more heavily-sided on the psychological genre...
But it was well made though.
The only reason I don't like this as much as I do with other series is that it just isn't my type of thing to watch. That's it, that's my jazz with it. Totally just preference of genre.

But the story was well presented.
Old 2008-06-02, 17:09   Link #804
skeezer

Send a message via AIM to skeezer
I loved it. Finaly some justice!!
Old 2008-08-14, 01:59   Link #805
ItWillDo

This is probably one of my favorite anime.

No other anime has made me feel the rage yet, like I felt it in the 4-5th episode of School Days. God when I think back about it i'm still pissed off.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:14   Link #806
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWillDo View Post
This is probably one of my favorite anime.

No other anime has made me feel the rage yet, like I felt it in the 4-5th episode of School Days. God when I think back about it i'm still pissed off.
how come

Makoto is an Inspiration to young males everywhere, or should be! nothing better then playing the field when your young
Old 2008-08-16, 13:33   Link #807
louise 23

i really hate this anime i mean the ending was really boring
Old 2008-08-20, 09:34   Link #808
Andraziel
Victory is in my grasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezer View Post
I loved it. Finaly some justice!!
And who was justified? (except the viewers)
Old 2008-11-13, 04:23   Link #809
othera

The series sucked, ending made me happy though, almost as if it wasn't a waist of time

10/10 for the ending, koto is really creepy and i wish she died also...

Also, is it true sekai wasn't pregnent or what?

Personaly, i would LOVE my downloads and time back, but then at the same time i feel like it was a great series.... mixed feelings on this series :/

Last edited by othera; 2008-11-15 at 02:34.
Old 2008-11-14, 02:00   Link #810
Tiran86

10/10 for the episode. I cheered.
Old 2009-05-06, 22:00   Link #811
The Rouge Assassin

Even though Makoto might have deserved this, the doesn't deserve this parody. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpAGdpcAiaY
Old 2009-05-07, 01:45   Link #812
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rouge Assassin View Post
Even though Makoto might have deserved this, the doesn't deserve this parody. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpAGdpcAiaY
Dedicated to all Makoto haters?

Well, Makoto is just lying there and Sekai is doing all the work. If you ask me, this is fanservice.
Old 2009-07-18, 00:24   Link #813
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Many I'm sure ended up quite satisfied with what happened, in fact some say the ending redeemed the series from their original viewpoint that it was a crappy series. I can't blame those that do feel that way, I completely understand where you're coming from but even as a Makato hater, I can't defend this ending at all, it truly was a disasterous mess. Starting with the part leading up to when Kotonoha kissed Makato right in front of Sekai; all the sympathey I had for Kotonoha, a character that throughout this series was bullied, abused and lied to as she slowly declined to the point where she was mentally broken, was almost completely lost after that scene. And after finally understanding the pain Makato let Kotonoha go through I thought he finally snapped out of it and was going to set things right...nope he didn't...what a douche. Then came the much awaited second half and I wish I never watched it. Talk about glorified, shameless, over-the-top gore-fest much of which just felt completely fucked up and unnecessary...the bad endings in the game this series is based on have nothing on this ending as far as violence was concerned.

Frankly I'm just gonna pretend that this episode never happened and instead...started with Makato coming to terms with his mistakes and attempts to make up to Sekai for it and then having it end like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBGcw...eature=related (My apologies this video's sound is quite out of sync but not by too much)

^^^^^
Here, you have an ending that was quite dramatic and tragic and yet unsettling and creepy at certain parts. And that is what got sacrificed in exchange for what we got in the finale of this anime adaptation where all I felt after seeing it was disturbed (and before anyone decides to say otherwise, yes there's a difference between creepy and downright disturbing).

Well at least I got to finally see it after hearing so much about it for the longest time.
Old 2009-08-15, 05:07   Link #814
xKyserx

this is what i said/did while watching this episode
-eye twitches- ".... what the fuck??"
Old 2009-08-18, 02:49   Link #815
Kabuki
The Rainbow Dancer

Didn't expect School Days to end so horrifically, but w/e.

Makoto deserved it, though he was trying to redeem himself after all he did.

Even though most people said Sekai deserved it i kinda felt sorry for her, im not sure why but i did. Maybe it was because Sekai was one of my favourite characters in the series even though her personality isn't that great.

Overall great series/episode ^^
Old 2009-09-10, 20:54   Link #816
asena

I kinda had mixed feelings about Makoto's ending but I was really sad when Sekai died

Makoto kept forcing Sekai while she tried to get him and Kotonoha together. And from there on he keeps leeching onto every female that is willing and doesn't cause a scene, even going back to Kotonoha when she is willing and Makoto has no one else to turn to ._.

My jaw really dropped after Kotonoha sliced up Sekai, and that she wasn't pregnant
I'm guessing Kotonoha dies on that boat out in the ocean, thinking of Makoto
Old 2009-09-11, 07:16   Link #817
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Now, now, who says Sekai wasn't pregnant? A deranged little girl, who had just killed her? Forgive me if I don't believe her...

Old 2009-09-11, 09:06   Link #818
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, don't take an insane girl's balbbering seriously.
Especially if she's famous for denying the obvious if she finds it inconvient(like Makoto's cheating on him, she's not being his girlfriend and else...)
Actually there's hardly a few proof to ensure Sekai's pregancy but even less to deny it in the show.
Old 2009-09-11, 10:33   Link #819
asena

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Well, don't take an insane girl's balbbering seriously.
Especially if she's famous for denying the obvious if she finds it inconvient(like Makoto's cheating on him, she's not being his girlfriend and else...)
Actually there's hardly a few proof to ensure Sekai's pregancy but even less to deny it in the show.
Still, Makoto never confronted Kotonoha to tell her directly that it is over until in episode 10. Kotonaha had a major breakdown after that. And even then, Makoto had already managed to cheat on even Sekai during that time

The real victims to me is Sekai and Kotonoha, both being in love with Makoto while he just drifts around unseriously to anyone "opening" up to him without questions
Old 2009-09-13, 04:07   Link #820
Alchemist007
*Author

Haven't seen the series, but just heard from pals about how they're repressing their memories of it
I spoiled myself on wiki and I pretty much laughed, then I saw the last 8 minutes and laughed some more. From some other review I see so much referencing to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, but just from how freaking dense these characters are its unbelievable, KGNE (which I've seen/played) just sounds a helluva lot more emotionally satisfying. But I guess this is one for all the people who just wants blood and death at the end of it all. I suppose I'll watch/play this eventually and my opinion may change, but I doubt it (I'll go out on a limb and say that I'll probably like the game more cause of the variety of endings).