Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-03, 10:41   Link #301
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
Quote:
Roger didn't have a DF, he wasn't even wearing seastone handcuffs during his execution.
Let us not forget that Roger turned himself in shortly after he was diagnosed with a fatal illness, and therefore embraced th publicity from the execution to grant the next generation the "gift" of the Pirate Age
Old 2009-08-03, 12:00   Link #302
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Roger didn't have a DF, he wasn't even wearing seastone handcuffs during his execution. And it was implied that after Roger made it to Raftel, that he was the Pirate King. Raftel is the end of the Grand Line, which is why they call Whitebeard the "Closet Man to One Piece", because he's the closet to Raftel. It was said that Roger and Whitebeard were equals but Roger had pulled back and made it to Raftel. Then he was known as the Pirate King.

Naw, I think its more like he had no idea what to expect. He didn't know that Magellan was a Poison fruit user, or let alone can cause a instant kill like that. So I highly doubt he getting hit was intentional. If it was, it was a dumb plan, that's being in a war and you say, "I'm going to get shot and play dead to I can sneak back to base without fighting" and end up getting shot in the head.

For some reason I think Dragon's power is as destructive as Whitebeard's. I know its all speculation but I really believe that freak occurrence on Loguetown was somehow caused by Dragon, and if I'm right about his ability then it definitely was.
I don't think it was ever said that roger did not have a DF. If fact i think roger did have a DF because he was able to be able to hear voice of all things. But we don't know for certain > Just want to point that out since the whole WB mess where people think he never had a DF. When it was never said if had one or not.
Old 2009-08-03, 12:24   Link #303
marvelB

By the way, I'm still hoping that the government will send Magellan to Marineford soon enough. The way I see it, a guy who came dangerously close to killing off Blackbeard's entire crew would definitely be a valuable asset for this war. A poison man like him can keep several pirates at bay with his Hydra (and Hell's Judgement for the stronger fighters). But of course, I'm still expecting his reappearance to be an excuse for him to have a final rematch with Luffy. He can definitely be beaten since he's a Paramecia (Luffy even brought him to his knees during their first fight, remember), but Luffy just needs to find a way around the poison, that's all. Candle Champion seemed like a good idea, but in the end that proved useless because of Hell's Judgement. If Luffy really is going to reveal that he has some measure of control over Haki soon enough, I wonder how he'll use it? The only idea that comes to mind would be if he uses a weapon, but he's already proved a few times in the past that that's not exactly his forte. I guess he'll have to make an exception for the poison man.......
Old 2009-08-03, 14:26   Link #304
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

That's just a guess, of course.
No need for guess work, they just got pwned nothing more nothing less.

EDIT:No wonder why the Whitebeard Pirates are the top dogs, Newgate is a walking disaster, along with having major skills with that Kwan Do, and that Haki stuff. The WG better do what the other 3 Yonkou have been doing when dealing with Newgate, and that's getting there earthquakes kits ready for use. I can't wait until Blackbeard makes a move on Newgate, thinking he will rob Newgate of his DF powers only to get a Kwan Do shoved up his a$$.

Oda please don't trun Newgate into a parrot (like you did with Jinbei) with the "my son, my son" after every line when speaking to a crew mate, it kills it you know? We already know the Whitebeard Pirates acts as a family with Newgate being/playing the role of big daddy. Give me back the sh8t talking war vent, who's not afraid of nothing form earlier chapters. Oh I almost forgot this chapter shuts down all that hate for Whitebeard about letting Ace go after Blackbeard. Since Newgate didn't want Ace to go after Blackbeard in the 1st place.

and Here I thought the WG would toss the 1st blow at the Whitebeard Pirates, to kick off the war, but it was the Whitebeard pirates to kick up 2 tsunamis at the WG......like surfing, it's a good way to go.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-08-03 at 15:32.
Old 2009-08-03, 16:13   Link #305
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
No need for guess work, they just got pwned nothing more nothing less.

EDIT:No wonder why the Whitebeard Pirates are the top dogs, Newgate is a walking disaster, along with having major skills with that Kwan Do, and that Haki stuff. The WG better do what the other 3 Yonkou have been doing when dealing with Newgate, and that's getting there earthquakes kits ready for use. I can't wait until Blackbeard makes a move on Newgate, thinking he will rob Newgate of his DF powers only to get a Kwan Do shoved up his a$$.
It's been said that Whitebeard will have a go at Blackbeard, and also that Luffy will inevitably face him, but I actually fancy Ace for a second chance against him... He'll have to complete his mission, after all. And he's no push-over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold
Oda please don't trun Newgate into a parrot (like you did with Jinbei) with the "my son, my son" after every line when speaking to a crew mate, it kills it you know? We already know the Whitebeard Pirates acts as a family with Newgate being/playing the role of big daddy. Give me back the sh8t talking war vent, who's not afraid of nothing form earlier chapters. Oh I almost forgot this chapter shuts down all that hate for Whitebeard about letting Ace go after Blackbeard. Since Newgate didn't want Ace to go after Blackbeard in the 1st place.

and Here I thought the WG would toss the 1st blow at the Whitebeard Pirates, to kick off the war, but it was the Whitebeard pirates to kick up 2 tsunamis at the WG......like surfing, it's a good way to go.
I think the bolded sentence might be alluding to his eventual downfall. Shanks warned him that nobody could stop the changing times and Whitebeard was (kind of arrogantly) like 'I don't care. I'm Whitebeard!'

Having said that, I know it won't be something easy. Whitebeard and his crew and allies will probably defeat the WG in the battle and Ace will be free, but I think the cost will be that. Teach probably wants them all to weaken each other so much so he can rise out of the ashes and take over.
Old 2009-08-03, 16:21   Link #306
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Very moving chapter, So the spoilers about Kizaru stopping one of the waves turned out to be false, eh?
Old 2009-08-03, 16:27   Link #307
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Very moving chapter, So the spoilers about Kizaru stopping one of the waves turned out to be false, eh?
I don't believe there was ever a spoiler about Kizaru stopping one of the waves. The spoiler said it was Aojiki and Akainu
Old 2009-08-03, 16:41   Link #308
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I can't wait until Blackbeard makes a move on Newgate, thinking he will rob Newgate of his DF powers only to get a Kwan Do shoved up his a$$.
I don't think so. Blackbeard is going to suck Newgate's spear into a Black Hole so he can't use it anymore, and then he's going to shove his face down into the ground just like he's done to Sarquiss and Luffy . Whitebeard has been doomed from the start, whereas the future is looking very promising for Blackbeard. His era is over, and Blackbeard's is just about to begin .
Old 2009-08-03, 16:45   Link #309
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
I can't wait until Blackbeard makes a move on Newgate, thinking he will rob Newgate of his DF powers only to get a Kwan Do shoved up his a$$.
LMAO.
That's funny.
But who knows how it might go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't think so. Blackbeard is going to suck Newgate's spear into a Black Hole so he can't use it anymore, and then he's going to shove his face down into the ground just like he's done to Sarquiss and Luffy .
When did he slam Luffy?
Old 2009-08-03, 16:45   Link #310
james0246

^Screw Blackbeard ! As Segoku goes to squash Whitebeard, Doflamingo will appear behind both and turn them into puppets, then he will force them to walk out to sea where they will promptly drown. Doflamingo will then become the next "Strongest" and proceed to enact his vision of a "New Age" for all the world to see.

We can all dream, can't we...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-03 at 18:08.
Old 2009-08-03, 20:21   Link #311
Master Mold
Banned

Well seems like there will be another break that just won't only be for Oda, but for all of Jump. This upcoming chapter better be something, and that goes for the rest of the big three and not just Oda. One Piece's upcoming chapter better worth 2 weeks of discussion of else I'm going to have to go back to the discussion bag, and we all know how prestige just hates it when I go for the discussion bag.

Edit;Anyone besides me find it fitting that Newgates laughs like "Gurararara" and he's the holder of the Gura Gura no Mi. That made me chuckle a bit. cleaver

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-08-03 at 20:44.
Old 2009-08-03, 21:56   Link #312
james0246

Quote:
Edit;Anyone besides me find it fitting that Newgates laughs like "Gurararara" and he's the holder of the Gura Gura no Mi. That made me chuckle a bit. cleaver
Yeah, I noticed that on my second time through the chapter. It definitely brought a smile to my face.

Then again, I am easily amused. For instance, I briefly chuckled when I saw the word "cleaver" instead of clever in your post....
Old 2009-08-03, 21:57   Link #313
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Then again, I am easily amused. For instance, I briefly chuckled when I saw the word "cleaver" instead of clever in your post....
Lol, witty aren't I.
Old 2009-08-03, 22:38   Link #314
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
When did he slam Luffy?
It was at Impel Down, and it sure as hell was sweet to see (Chapter 544 - Page 6) .
Old 2009-08-03, 23:06   Link #315
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Hey all. This chapter poses a very challenging question: How the F**k is Luffy going to become the pirate king? I try and think of possibilities but other than the strongest taking each other out I have nothing...
Old 2009-08-04, 00:47   Link #316
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Hey all. This chapter poses a very challenging question: How the F**k is Luffy going to become the pirate king? I try and think of possibilities but other than the strongest taking each other out I have nothing...

you remember super sayajin in dragon ball z... probably something equivalent to that. This is shonen manga, after all. Bleach had shikai, bankia, vaizard. Naruto had change of chakara. Luffy is probably going to get a big power up. I think like the gear's it will be something off screen, and he'll just have it suddenly. I'm guessing most people will think its something to do with haki. I also think One piece has a very long way to go. Even though it feels like were riding on a climax, there are many important events that haven't happened yet. Like the straw hat's meeting dr.vegapunk, or going to fishman island.
Old 2009-08-04, 02:04   Link #317
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Thats why Hawkeye's said becomin Pirate King was even harder than tryin to surpass him. Luffy has the 'Will of D', he will do it. His rate of growth in such a short time is amazing, once he hits the New World, his crew will wreck up the place.
Old 2009-08-04, 07:00   Link #318
andy

spoilers are out man are they awesome.
Old 2009-08-04, 07:03   Link #319
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

why didn't you post them?
Old 2009-08-04, 07:06   Link #320
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Spoiler for Spoilers:

I'm slightly confused with the translations; "Whitebeard simply punches the air, and shatters all the spears as well as Aokiji himself into pieces." Does that mean WB just killed Aokiji? o_o
Closed Thread