AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 271 79.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 12.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 1.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.88%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-25, 12:12   Link #21
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
long ago on the torrents)
Yeah I'm a little slow at times. Found 'em but I sometimes prefer the quick fix of streams
Old 2009-09-25, 12:20   Link #22
Woland
Latin Rascal

This time the preview can be only found on the main website (that's good choice, that closure has more impact this way)

http://www.bakemonogatari.com/special/yokoku13.html
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 12:38   Link #23
aulzon

Well this is the first time I can watch a raw and understand most of what's going on. Thanks ickem.

Anyways, as far as the episode goes. I really loved it. I don't know, maybe it's been really long since we've had some nice Araragi and Senjougahara action.

The whole car ride scene was funny as hell. The stargazing was really well-done and didn't go over the top. I love the use of Staple Stable instrumental during the end.

My only complaints is that they didn't show the kiss at the end. I know leave it to the viewer's imagination is a popular anime tool, but I wanted to see it. I also thought Senjougahara's dad would be a lot younger. He is still pretty cool I guess.

Edit: Also I wish some of Araragi's internal monologue were told in some way, they were pretty interesting

Anyways, hopefully the web episodes will be on par with the TV episodes.

Last edited by aulzon; 2009-09-25 at 12:59.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 12:46   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This was a powerful episode! Seriously, the show doesn't seem to have a bottom at how good it can become. I've stopped being in awe cause there is no point anymore. The last portion of their conversation when the young people took over (according to Senjougahara) is nothing less than incredible. The portion Ickem translated highlights the significance of that whole dialogue which was set up by the rest of the episode. Very sobering. Give him cookies. I can't give him any.

This episode just proves how talented this writer, Nishio Ishin, is.

Last edited by monir; 2009-09-25 at 13:42. Reason: WOOOOOOOOOOPS
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 12:52   Link #25
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Katanagatari, also written by Nisio Isin just aired its commercial with this episode, so we have a lot more to look forward to. It's only a matter of time before Zaregoto, his most famous work gets anime adaption too.

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 12:58   Link #26
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This was a powerful episode! Seriously, the show doesn't seem to have a bottom at how good it can become. I've stopped being in awe cause there is no point anymore. The last portion of their conversation when the young people took over (according to Senjougahara) is nothing less than incredible. The portion Ickem translated highlights the significance of that whole dialogue which was set up by the rest of the episode. Very sobering. Give him cookies. I can't give him any.

This episode just proves how talented this writer, Ishio Nissin, is.
It's "Nishio Ishin", and it doesn't get better than that. The car scene is the best part of the entire series. It is just so outrageous that I laughed myself out of breath when I read it. Bit harder to appreciate animated, when you already know what they'll be saying. But the idea of having your very first date and explaining what you love about someone with her dad in the car with you is really one of the most imaginative, absurd and cruel things I've ever seen. I can't see how anything will ever top it.
Old 2009-09-25, 13:01   Link #27
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
It's "Nishio Ishin", and it doesn't get better than that. The car scene is the best part of the entire series. It is just so outrageous that I laughed myself out of breath when I read it. Bit harder to appreciate animated, when you already know what they'll be saying. But the idea of having your very first date and explaining what you love about someone with her dad in the car with you is really one of the most imaginative, absurd and cruel things I've ever seen. I can't see how anything will ever top it.
It's actually NisiOisiN or Nisio Isin.

I'm glad we got to see Senjogahara finally. I'll comment more when the subs are out. =)
Old 2009-09-25, 13:04   Link #28
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It's actually NisiOisiN or Nisio Isin.

I'm glad we got to see Senjogahara finally. I'll comment more when the subs are out. =)
It's 西尾 維新 にしお いしん nishio ishin. I don't care what his retarded romanization is.

(as in, I'm not impressed by the attempt to create a palindrome by stripping the h:s, and I dislike that style of romanization; the Hepburn system is much better)
Old 2009-09-25, 13:11   Link #29
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
What about the "you remember, it was the reason why I watched over you so diligently while we were alone together at my house from noon to deep into the night" line?

I always imagined Hitagi's father to much more hip.

I'm incredibly impressed with how Saito Chiwa was able to put all the feeling of the final internal monologue Koyomi had in the car into the words "thank you Father."

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:18   Link #30
aulzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I'm incredibly impressed with how Saito Chiwa was able to put all the feeling of the final internal monologue Koyomi had in the car into the words "thank you Father."
Yeah.. I think Chiwa Saito is probably one of the reasons Senjougahara is so fascinating. Her voice, although you can complain it's monotonous at time, still is able to deliver a lot of frightening, funny and poignant lines.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:24   Link #31
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Wow... even without subs I got that 'shiver' in the end. That special kind from a particular meaningful piece of music or film.

The car ride made up for any sort of fault this series had.

And I already gave cookies to Ickem... need to send more.

*edit* Chiwa Saito is a major draw for me, though I have to admit it's her role in Kemeko Deluxe that got me initially, among other roles. (*the* reason why I watched the entire series in the end) The speaking style worked for this character though. Wry and Dry.
Old 2009-09-25, 13:27   Link #32
zetsumei

That was really a lovely episode. From the dialogue, music, atmosphere, etc. was just so prefect. Just when I thought Senjougahara couldn't get any cuter...love this episode so much.
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:31   Link #33
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

This time I didn't wait for the subs and... I think that a "beyond 10" is missing among the poll choices. There is no way they couldn't put more win than in this ep.
From the very first second (the I love Hitagi" bento killed me) to the end, Senjouhara makes us realize how much she was missing us.
Nice try Neko-girl, you were beyond praises Nadeko-chan but, she IS really something else.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:40   Link #34
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I didn't say "woops" even once today since I woke up. I was starting to worry. The universe is in sync once more.

Wooops! I'm sure Nishio-san will forgive me. I'll edit just in case.

Yeah, the car scene was great. It was only fitting that Mr. Senjougahara will be voiced by none other than Tachiki Fumihiko. Any Kenpachi fan in the house? There were some really good voice acting in this episode, not that the series was anything less than stellar when it comes to voice acting. The only thing was the overall animation, but I don't want to undermine the great content of this episode by dragging in the dead horse. Even then the animators paid extra attention to the detail every time Senjougahara (Hitagi-san ) came into view. Her mouth was actually shown to be moving when she spoke during that significant portion of her dialogues.
Old 2009-09-25, 13:49   Link #35
suka-pon-tan

Perfect 10. The best ending in this season. Now Im looking foward to see web-anime series.
suka-pon-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:08   Link #36
Zetsubo
著述遮断

A sigh of collective relief was heard all across the anime world. Shaft did not screw up and delivered what can be called a proper Finale. The 3 Encores are hopefully of the same caliber and even though I know they will be out soon... I am actually no in any rush to watch them.

This episode can be considered, for me, a satisfactory conclusion to a very entertaining series.

Like when Toradora ended the void will be sensed.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:10   Link #37
Midonin
Last Engage

There are still three more parts left unaired. This may be the end of the TV broadcast, but I wouldn't call it a finale.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:13   Link #38
AnimeMaster2
The Original AnimeMaster

i hate the creators that only make anime so short,, this anime was really good for something that seems like it was just thrown together.. i had enough talent i believe to keep going 20 more eps or so. i mean come on whats with people and making anime 12-14 eps long? they must be messed up in the head
AnimeMaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:14   Link #39
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
There are still three more parts left unaired. This may be the end of the TV broadcast, but I wouldn't call it a finale.
It most certainly wasn't a finale. Senjougahara fascination merely overshadowed the story we were in the midst of. Oh, how she has been missed! She defines this show.

After the episode ended, I realized we didn't make any progress with Hanekawa problem. I also realized that I didn't mind the lack of progression even one bit. Why, I wonder!
Old 2009-09-25, 14:27   Link #40
zato_1one

Inviting her father to her first date and flirting with her boyfriend behind his back. No one can do it except Senjougahara.

This episode really looks like en ending. It should clear some doubts about Araragi's feeling toward Senjougahara. They're definitely in-love with each other.

Senjougahara Tore... XD Waiting for sub...