ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^Thanks again, but I've already caught up with you guys.^^
Old 2010-02-13, 08:00   Link #962
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Im on episode 395 and I'm wondering does Zoro have haki because there has been sometimes (the episode I'm on as well) that it looks like he does. Like on 395 some guys are surrounding Zoro saying their gonna take his head then he looks at them and they back down.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 04:18   Link #963
striderm
Adusa #1

That's probably because Zoro exudes a lot of bravado and self-confidence. He can read his opponents really well and stare down just about anybody with no fear. In that way, he scares about anybody.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 12:35   Link #964
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Another question: Do we know anything about Shanks' powers? We know he's supposed to be strong and that he's one of the most wanted men on earth, but if I remember correctly, there has never been mention of his powers / type of powers.
Old 2010-02-17, 12:48   Link #965
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Another question: Do we know anything about Shanks' powers? We know he's supposed to be strong and that he's one of the most wanted men on earth, but if I remember correctly, there has never been mention of his powers / type of powers.
Shanks is known to have excellent swordsmanship that rivaled Mihawk.

He also has extremely strong Haki that even seemed to do physical damage to Whitebeard's ship when he paid a visit.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 22:58   Link #966
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Oh, thanks. Don't know where or when Shanks' swordsmanship-skills were mentioned, but if you say so, it's got to be true.
Old 2010-02-19, 04:22   Link #967
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Chapter 96 is where Shanks asks if Mihawk came to challenge him, and Whitebeard mentions their many duels in Chapter 434.
Old 2010-02-21, 07:10   Link #968
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Has anyone ever asked Oda how long it takes him to make a single chapter?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 16:10   Link #969
kagemaru72

one peice chapter drawings

hey, im new to using forums and things, i just have one question about one peice and shonen jump in general, every month before the storylines begin, theres usually a weird drawing that has nothing to do with anything, usually something silly like the cast dressed as gangsters, or the cast dressed in samurai outfits. ive been searching for these photos on google and cant find them, does anyone know what these images would be called or where i could find them plz ?
kagemaru72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 14:58   Link #970
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Hey! I have a question: (anime only or spoiler it plz!)
What is this Willpower stuff?! Is the same that Enel and those sky priest had? It is certain that its not a fruit power... And it seems Luffy has it as well... and he has a "king" type willpower
So what do you think it is?!
kirby sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 15:07   Link #971
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby sama View Post
Hey! I have a question: (anime only or spoiler it plz!)
What is this Willpower stuff?! Is the same that Enel and those sky priest had? It is certain that its not a fruit power... And it seems Luffy has it as well... and he has a "king" type willpower
So what do you think it is?!
What I do know is that haki isn't like mantra (the ability Eneru and his priests have) as mantra is used to predict movements and sense the presence of others (shown as Eneru was counting how many people were left). Haven't really done much research about it so I don't know much about mantra really. Mantra means "Mind Rope". It also seems to be inherited by birth, so whether being able to learn it or not is debatable.

Haki is roughly ambition or willpower, and is mostly used to channel one's spirit to intimidate opponents (or in most cases, make them faint as has been shown). Though, it's true nature hasn't been determined or stated, so that's debatable too. It can also be used to negate Devil Fruit powers.

Also the "king's" haki is a 1 in a million chance of getting, I think. So far, the only ones (that I know of that have it) are Luffy and Hammock.

This is all stuff I read a long time ago, so I don't know if they're accurate or not.

Last edited by Kaizokugami; 2010-04-21 at 15:21.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 15:09   Link #972
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The "willpower stuff" is called Haki, and all it's said to be is superior willpower. It can be focused and such to negate Devil Fruits and knock people out. Mantra is what Enel and such had, and while it is similar in that it can predict attacks similar to Sandersonia's Haki, it's not said to be the same thing.
Old 2010-04-21, 15:53   Link #973
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
What I do know is that haki isn't like mantra (the ability Eneru and his priests have) as mantra is used to predict movements and sense the presence of others (shown as Eneru was counting how many people were left). Haven't really done much research about it so I don't know much about mantra really. Mantra means "Mind Rope". It also seems to be inherited by birth, so whether being able to learn it or not is debatable.

Haki is roughly ambition or willpower, and is mostly used to channel one's spirit to intimidate opponents (or in most cases, make them faint as has been shown). Though, it's true nature hasn't been determined or stated, so that's debatable too. It can also be used to negate Devil Fruit powers.

Also the "king's" haki is a 1 in a million chance of getting, I think. So far, the only ones (that I know of that have it) are Luffy and Hammock.

This is all stuff I read a long time ago, so I don't know if they're accurate or not.
Wow! interesting! But then Hammock's () sister Sandersonia could predict Luffy's movement aaand She was using willpower Haki stuff... wasn't she?! Sandersonia's Haki is the same as Mantra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The "willpower stuff" is called Haki, and all it's said to be is superior willpower. It can be focused and such to negate Devil Fruits and knock people out. Mantra is what Enel and such had, and while it is similar in that it can predict attacks similar to Sandersonia's Haki, it's not said to be the same thing.
Ohh... then again... basically Sandersonia's Haki is the same as Mantra? sorry if im confused!?
Old 2010-04-21, 16:05   Link #974
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's not the same thing. It can do the same thing. There's a difference.
Old 2010-04-21, 16:09   Link #975
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It's not the same thing. It can do the same thing. There's a difference.
Yes! I see sorry for my ignorance! I've misunderstood you
Old 2010-04-24, 02:05   Link #976
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
is it just me or the recent episode a little different in terms of music, how they use the seiyuu and their emotions when they talk..
Old 2010-05-06, 10:30   Link #977
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

what r those giants shadows/figures that are always mentioned ominously in one piece? like i remember they were mentioned again after the end of the thriller bark arc
Old 2010-05-09, 16:22   Link #978
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
what r those giants shadows/figures that are always mentioned ominously in one piece? like i remember they were mentioned again after the end of the thriller bark arc
nothing known atm .. though I remember them only in the end of TB arc - in the fog in the Florian triangle

I like to think it's the Devil of the Sea (or something connected to it) .. yes, the one who gives the DF

the giant figures seen before Skypiea arc (when they saw that turtle) - those're just sky inhabitants shadows
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 19:02   Link #979
ntherblast

Umm questrion about sabo. isnt the guy who stabbed white beard name sabo is he also the same person from aces past as his child hood friend?
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 19:21   Link #980
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
Umm questrion about sabo. isnt the guy who stabbed white beard name sabo is he also the same person from aces past as his child hood friend?
The guy who stabbed Whitebeard is named Squado not Sabo. Therefore they are not the same person.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a