AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 22 11.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 7.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 13.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 14.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 39 20.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 7.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 4.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.63%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 10.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-22, 13:29   Link #21
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

That... ending... Just... no.

I know all of the major points that occur, but I need to wait for subs to fill in the gaps...
Old 2012-03-22, 13:43   Link #22
miketyson

I really have no idea why GC got made anymore or what it was going for. Ending is OK, not great. Lots of cool ideas in the ending, not enough solid build up for them to feel "right" or have the emotional heft they really should. This was like shaking a 2 liter soda bottle up really vigorously, waiting awhile, expecting it to fizz and spray everywhere, but then only getting a little airflow...it makes you wonder if something's wrong with the bottle. Or something.

This was far beyond good and bad and into the realm of meh, but a special martian blend of meh, or something. I give up. Was a fun ride for sure though.
Old 2012-03-22, 13:58   Link #23
blue_sora

Okay I watched it unsubbed and just skipped to the ending but I think the ending is beautiful. I've always loved 'Release My Soul' so the ending scene was amazing to me.

But the downside is that because InorixShu isn't properly developed throughout the series the end scene doesn't hit me more powerful than it could be. It's really sweet and all, but damn if GC was done right then the ending could have left me depressed for a few days. All I feel is just a little bit sadness but that's it.

And you know there's something wrong when I feel touched more on the scene that Daryl's partner saved him(and possibly dead) than after the few years later scene where they all have a reunion on Hare's birthday. I actually feel like laughing seeing Souta and the others (even Arisa! I called it) survived after that horrible backstabbing. I thought Daryl will appear beside Tsugumi at the end

So Lost Christmas getting animated? I thought it was just a visual novel.
Old 2012-03-22, 14:08   Link #24
Vash1306
Pancakes

Just watched the RAW and ugg the ending...
Old 2012-03-22, 14:12   Link #25
Xander

I have...no real opinion on the ending yet, frankly, because I haven't seen it. That said, what I've heard doesn't really sound particularly interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
So Lost Christmas getting animated? I thought it was just a visual novel.
Going by the ANN news post, it's only a 12-minute short and probably won't cover the same material as the actual VN.
Old 2012-03-22, 14:18   Link #26
miketyson

Oh, I agree 100% it's visually beautiful, and visually creative (a lot of its visual style looks nothing else that's come before it, and I have to hand it to the creative team on that front). I suspect that large parts of this ending were what motivated the team to build a story that'd get them there, too, and if there's an "anime oscars" for best special effects sequence I'd hand it to them no questions asked.

It's just felt that there wasn't enough build up for the big moments to hit the way they seemingly were supposed to, which made it hard to take what was happening seriously, which then undoes everything else about what's going on. There were also too many mixed messages and confused emotional notes with a lot of the side characters (in ways that may not've been what they were going for...).

And the ending moved through too much emotional and dramatic territory too quickly. Such is the fate of TV anime but it still served to further undercut the emotional effectiveness of the finale, which came across -- ironically enough -- like the show's void crystals: superficially pretty, but cold and sterile.

But for all its faults this show was interesting enough in a lot of ways I can see it inspiring a lot of people in the industry (and outside of it) to borrow its ideas and try and make something like it in the future.
Old 2012-03-22, 14:21   Link #27
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Whoa whoa whoa.

So they can make prosthetic arms and hands but they can't make one for legs for Ayase?
Old 2012-03-22, 14:44   Link #28
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Whoa whoa whoa.

So they can make prosthetic arms and hands but they can't make one for legs for Ayase?
Urgh it's not as simple as that... it would require you know cutting off her existing legs to put those on and not everyone would be fond of that, like many people today. Plus you have no idea precisely what's wrong with her legs, it could be an issue with nerve messages which would mess that up anyway.
Old 2012-03-22, 14:46   Link #29
miketyson

Kinda on this topic: I wonder what kind of eye Segai had?
Old 2012-03-22, 15:20   Link #30
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
1 point.

Why Shu is alive ..and..blind???
Old 2012-03-22, 15:41   Link #31
Soji

Evil_Sephiroth @ I think thanks to Inori.Thanks to her he is still alive. For the blind part I think is a side effect from the 2 void genome and what he do at the end. Still is pretty sad ..he lost one arm+ is power+ his sight and more important the girl he love.
Old 2012-03-22, 15:48   Link #32
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Urgh it's not as simple as that... it would require you know cutting off her existing legs to put those on and not everyone would be fond of that, like many people today. Plus you have no idea precisely what's wrong with her legs, it could be an issue with nerve messages which would mess that up anyway.
google exoskeleton. Even now we've got some working prototypes.
Old 2012-03-22, 15:54   Link #33
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Ending was disappointing... =___=;
Old 2012-03-22, 15:58   Link #34
sun2000

Well I think its a good Ending but im sad anyway because its not perfect -.- (INORI !!! )... but maybe this will be start for the 2nd season... because now everything get a bit mysterous... No one know any real details about what happened exactly, like are really all infection gone? or Daarth? and much more unclear things!!

Well there is some good at this ending for myself... Maybe this sounds strange or selfish but i'm rly HAPPY that GAI dont get MANA !!! I thought while watching the 2nd Opening that they will get togheter at the end but thank god it dont happens!
What we saw in the last episode was just a imagination.. he died unloved!!! YES!! GOOD!!! (or more a one sided love)
Why i say that, well for Mana was Sho always the first choice Triton (alias Gai) was more a "worst" 2nd choice... I think Mana would never take triton if sho was next to her or still alive...

Well at the end I really hope that the 2nd season will be nice like season 1 ! I mean it should be clear that Sho will gain his Eyelight back and that Inori will come back anyway... I guess by Daarth...
Old 2012-03-22, 16:28   Link #35
TruthsWraith
Reader

I have only one thing to say about this episode and that is that dance scene was....interesting to say the least and by interesting I mean I almost fell over on the floor laughing too hard. Mana I didn't know you could dance so well maybe instead of trying to kill every one you could teach at a dancing school or something.
Old 2012-03-22, 16:35   Link #36
ArcApollousa

so ayase x shu fans has more chance then.. :P

I love the ending this way.. Even though he is blind, he still has a way to connect with Inori via her songs.. Really, I appreciate their high appreciation towards music

How a song can remember those who you love, which is the signature of Guilty Crown..the Sawano Hiroyuki & EGOIST's beyond masterpieces...

Also, it reminds me of Taiyou no Uta (I recommend you to watch this.. it has nice soundtracks too!!)
Old 2012-03-22, 16:37   Link #37
ArcApollousa

oh ya one more thing... so guilty crown "adopt" many animes huh?

From Gundam, Code Geass, Fate/Stay Night (Trace on arms), and last Fullmetal Alchemist, and then Taiyou no Uta (the way Shuu put on his earphone and remind Inori)
Old 2012-03-22, 16:38   Link #38
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
google exoskeleton. Even now we've got some working prototypes.
That doesn't solve the second issue. Also this is near future, so assuming we will have advanced to such a level doesn't work.
Old 2012-03-22, 16:41   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, I'm slightly surprised, but it managed to be the usual random and crappy content I've ever seen to the very last episode. Plenty of things I'd love the anime to explain to me, but just like quoting from this anime, I don't even think the scriptwriters know. For instance, why Shuu went blind? Or why that researcher guy decided to toss Blondy into the elevator and decide not to escape?
Or is it just to force the emotionally moving(*snort*) scenes?
And and gah, Mana. The hell was that? "Oops, I was dancing but now I'm dead again!"

Oh and love the English. Why not just put that in Japanese? Think it is "cool"?

But anyways, it's not healthy or useful to bother going into every single (lack of) detail, so I'll wait until the final impressions thread to even bother...
I guess, for now:
( ´,_ゝ`)凸 @Director

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-03-22, 16:50   Link #40
Akarin

What the f*ck did I just watch? I know it's supposed to suck...It's bad, but it's entertaining.

My favorite scenes in ep22:

Bang. Too bad she survives after getting shot..

Now I can drop this show in peace.
Closed Thread