AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 04:16   Link #81
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Is CV cast same as the one in the drama disc?
Completely identical. Knowing how united they are, changing the cast is unthinkable.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 04:18   Link #82
Traece
:cool:

As someone who has no idea what Hakkendan is or any knowledge of Karneval or otherwise prior to it being mentioned to me, I have this to say:

I'm very intrigued, and cautiously optimistic. This is the first action anime of the season that I've started watching (and may end up being one of a mere two), and it seems to be filling my action/mystery needs. Two particular things stuck out to me: The characters are pretty cool (in terms of personality, and even appearances), and top-hat guy has some badass abilities (and I know there will be other badasses as well).

So, I'll be watching this. I do emphasize my cautious optimism, however, because I see a lot of room for this to go wrong. Also, this beginning did remind me slightly of Guilty Crown, but only in how it was set up.
Old 2013-04-06, 07:35   Link #83
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
So, I'll be watching this. I do emphasize my cautious optimism, however, because I see a lot of room for this to go wrong. Also, this beginning did remind me slightly of Guilty Crown, but only in how it was set up.
Well I hope this doesn't count as a spoiler but I can at least assure you the story is nothing like Guilty Crown
Old 2013-04-06, 07:44   Link #84
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Completely identical. Knowing how united they are, changing the cast is unthinkable.
Lol that means Kita Eri is playing Kiichi?
Old 2013-04-06, 07:45   Link #85
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

First episode exceeded my expectations. What I absolutely love about the manga and its fellow Monthly Comic Zero Sum member, 07-Ghost is that I could clearly see the strong bond that will be formed between the characters as the plot goes on. I hope the anime will retain this. Anyway, love the casting! Their voices are just as I had imagined.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 08:14   Link #86
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Watched the first ep. So far so good. An enjoyable episode from almost every aspect. I like what I saw. Anyway, I really need have to ask this to you guys (or girls) who know the source, is there any BL element in this anime? The characteristic and appearance of the male MC makes me worry .
Old 2013-04-06, 08:28   Link #87
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I won't say BL. It's quite difficult for me to explain, but if you have watched 07-Ghost, it will be easier to understand. The characters have strong bond with one another, but it's not necessarily BL. They just happen to have strong friendship/nakama bond.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 08:34   Link #88
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Watched the first ep. So far so good. An enjoyable episode from almost every aspect. I like what I saw. Anyway, I really need have to ask this to you guys (or girls) who know the source, is there any BL element in this anime? The characteristic and appearance of the male MC makes me worry .
There is no actual BL in the series as MUAHAHAHAHAHA says there is just close bonds between the characters.

However is there BL shipping in the fandom, yes absolutely.
Old 2013-04-06, 08:42   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I won't say BL. It's quite difficult for me to explain, but if you have watched 07-Ghost, it will be easier to understand. The characters have strong bond with one another, but it's not necessarily BL. They just happen to have strong friendship/nakama bond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
There is no actual BL in the series as MUAHAHAHAHAHA says there is just close bonds between the characters.

However is there BL shipping in the fandom, yes absolutely.
Thanx for the info, girls. If what you said is true, then I have no problem sticking with this show .

And speaking of BL shipping in the fandom...*staring at my own avy & sig*...yup, I have no problem with it .
Old 2013-04-06, 09:18   Link #90
backbone
Banned

No BL-hint i suppose, it's just your usual bromance that you can find in many shounen manga. Although it seems like the bishonen look on the protags rubs some people the wrong way
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 12:57   Link #91
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Oh thank god, I knew it wasn't going to be BL hinted like when I watched No. 6. Yet, the introduction of the other characters besides Nai and Gareki interests me. I'll tag along with this anime since it has some hidden elements that it's storing.

Last edited by Hooves; 2013-04-06 at 15:04.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 13:12   Link #92
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I cringed when the woman at the start starting transforming, and chills went down my spine when she started walking down that hall, scraping her fingers against the wall. It really set a creepy mood during that scene, I can't wait to see what other creatures lurk within this anime and if they'll be as effective as this one.

Loving the characters, hopefully the next few episodes will be as good as this one
Old 2013-04-06, 14:58   Link #93
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Karneval. My first thoughts.

Rainbow Colored Fuse

This is Karneval. I'm practically brand-new with this story, have heard neither of the manga nor the light novels based for this anime show.

To starters I think the overture was too slow, and the first episode presented too many characters (players) in different settings, but it is not until the train jacking that all those characters finally are interweaved in a central hub.

What I have here is a potential quest for Nai (bishie shouta) to find any clues about Karoks' whereabouts, and how come Nai was left to take care of a bracelet that actually serves as a Circus identification card.
This spurs not only the Hirato's interest but also Palnedo's, whom by the end of the episode reveals to the mysterious assassin from earlier that he himself staged his kidnapping to see by himself how effective Circus players are without raising suspicion toward himself.

I now know that Circus is a sort of agency that maintains order and likely wants to have any sort of political or historical secrets continuing forming part of the world's dark history just as hidden.
The other power remains obscured like a council of shadows; Palnedo might be a member, an sponsor, or just a regular customer to that other party.

I now know as well that Gareki is thief of sorts, and he has unknowingly and unwittingly stumbled amidst a power struggle between the aforementioned two factions, along with Nai who only wishes to reunite with Karok.
Those two are perfectly matched to form a "happy" couple together, as they undoubtedly be persecuted by agents from both sides while in pursuit of any treasure hunt to make a living for themselves, as well starting to find clues about Karok.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 15:47   Link #94
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Oh no! It's QB in the ending sequence
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 20:07   Link #95
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

That is... not QB. You still have time to think twice before you find out who that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Lol that means Kita Eri is playing Kiichi?
Yes it is. Just to let you know, the author herself absolutely adore the cast. Another reason no changes are made to the cast.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 20:22   Link #96
ginger02

Finished the first episode finally, and really wishing I could watch it in HD. Maybe with funimation's stream on Monday.

Anyway, I found the pacing in the first half to be a bit odd. Perhaps I wanted more back story on Gareki. Nai is a mystery in the manga, but his story is reveled as time passes by. I actually don't remember about Gareki.

There was a scene in the manga about an officer trying to find Nai that was omitted. I found that scene kinda interesting as it furthered Nai and Gareki's relationship, but overall the pacing seems decent. I didn't think the train scene would come until episode 3 tbh, so this might mean we get more of the story.

As far is the BL theme, well the author certainly alludes to it in her work, but it isn't something like, say No. 6. Maybe something more like K. It's kinda like in shounens how two main leads may not admit feelings to each other or indicate romantic interest, but the author will drop hints and fans will ship them. First example that comes to mind is Natsu and Lucy in Fairy Tail. Are great friends, could be more, but the focus isn't on the romance but the bond between them. The relationships in Karneval are the same way I feel. It's one of the main reasons I got interested in it.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 20:24   Link #97
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

This totally turned out not to be what I expected:

Came in since art looked pretty and thought this was yaoi...

Instead got an interesting plot with people with awesome powers. Already liking Glasses and his companion.

Already hating on the MC. Something tells me that I'm going to like everyone but the MC
Old 2013-04-06, 20:43   Link #98
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Already hating on the MC. Something tells me that I'm going to like everyone but the MC
I am not sure who you are thinking is the MC but it's not so cut and dry.
Old 2013-04-06, 20:46   Link #99
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well not to bad but Nai seem to be to annoying
Old 2013-04-06, 20:48   Link #100
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I think GDiddy was referring to Nai. Which I did find him a little odd and can't like him yet. Going to wait till he does something amazing.