AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 20:00   Link #241
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Same here.
This is how you market a game, have controversy which is not bad for the publicity and time it right.

David Hayet announced he's not involved in the new MGS game in April 1 and MobyDickStudio's doing a new game which was pretty much sparks more interest than anything, plus online clues and mysteries.
Old 2013-04-28, 18:26   Link #242
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seems it's confirmed it's an April Fools joke that David Hayter won't be reprising his role.

The voice software used is called Microsoft "DAVID"

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-30, 21:43   Link #243
cj_iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

Send a message via AIM to cj_iwakura
I spent almost two hours reading the MGS4 database. Good stuff.

I need to finish Portable Ops before taking on Peace Walker.
Old 2013-05-01, 18:47   Link #244
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

MGS3(Genesis) - MGS Portable Ops(How BigBoss rescued Eva and recruited Ocelot) - MGS Peace Walker (Outer Heaven is established) - MGS Ground Zeroes/V Phantom Pain(????)
Old 2013-05-02, 17:37   Link #245
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
MGS3(Genesis) - MGS Portable Ops(How BigBoss rescued Eva and recruited Ocelot) - MGS Peace Walker (Outer Heaven is established) - MGS Ground Zeroes/V Phantom Pain(????)
The fall from grace?
Old 2013-05-02, 18:13   Link #246
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The fall from grace?
more like the Fall of BigBoss and the Ghosts of the past.
Old 2013-05-07, 03:21   Link #247
Samari
World's Greatest

So either David Hayter is doing the biggest troll job on the planet or Kojima is really an asshole.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 18:34   Link #248
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^No.

David Hayter arranged a meeting with a Konami and paid for the lunch of the guy and just said he's not needed.

IGN interview

YouTube

Yone

YouTube
Old 2013-05-07, 23:08   Link #249
Samari
World's Greatest

Right, but why? They're keeping the original voice actor for the Japanese version of the game. Why not the actor for the English version? That doesn't really make any sense. And the fact that Hayter had to contact them to be informed that he wasn't needed seems like a dick move on the part of Kojima and company. I mean the least Kojima could have done was give him a phone call. Hayter has helped establish Solid Snake as an international icon.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-05-08, 00:35   Link #250
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well like Yone said possible he might be called on Ground Zeroes, but since an older BigBoss is in MGSV the Phantom Pain I guess that is where he's not going to be needed which is understandable because BigBoss is older, we have yet to hear Otsuka in a Japanese version in MGSV as well.

I'd rather have Richard Doyle back as BigBoss after the 9 year comma rather than Keither Shuterland.
Old 2013-05-08, 02:15   Link #251
Samari
World's Greatest

Well David sounded like he wasn't doing anymore Metal Gear Solid more anymore. So I think that is it for him unless he's lying. Seems like the Japanese voice actor was kept in for Ground Zeroes, and if that is the case then it would make sense for Hayter to be involved for the American release. I mean, what is the logic behind not having Hayter for Ground Zeroes, but having the original Japanese voice actor of Snake in Ground Zeroes?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-05-08, 15:13   Link #252
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Well David sounded like he wasn't doing anymore Metal Gear Solid more anymore. So I think that is it for him unless he's lying. Seems like the Japanese voice actor was kept in for Ground Zeroes, and if that is the case then it would make sense for Hayter to be involved for the American release. I mean, what is the logic behind not having Hayter for Ground Zeroes, but having the original Japanese voice actor of Snake in Ground Zeroes?
Better agency for the japanese voice actor?
Old 2013-05-09, 03:04   Link #253
Samari
World's Greatest

I heard the Japanese voice actor's dad played Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 4? I don't know if that's true though.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-05-09, 08:37   Link #254
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I heard the Japanese voice actor's dad played Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 4? I don't know if that's true though.
That's true. Chikaou Ohtsuka, father of Akio Ohtsuka, played Big Boss in MGS4.

Akio Ohtsuka, meanwhile, played Naked Snake and Solid Snake.

Other thing to consider is that Akio Ohtsuka has already hit his 60s, so he can do the older voice better than Hayter, who's just in his 40s, IIRC.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 20:39   Link #255
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I dunno if IGN is trying to get Hayter drunk if he's lying just to spill the beans.
But I if ever he did get a call back and becomes VA on Ground Zeroes Iam more than happy, 9 year and in a comma older BigBoss you can change his voice there I can understand, but in Ground Zeroes, hell no way, it needs to be Hayter, but if not well...we will see if the new VA is good or not.
Old 2013-05-09, 23:40   Link #256
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Knowing Kojima if David doesn't come back he will make some joke about his voice sounding diffrent.
Old 2013-05-11, 18:18   Link #257
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Even if David Hayter doesn't reprise a role in this game, he'll most assuredly reprise Solid Snake's role in the next Metal Gear game featuring him.
Old 2013-05-16, 01:14   Link #258
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hmm....

Old 2013-05-17, 20:52   Link #259
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now Iam not sure if I should get the MGS Legacy Collection.

-It's MGS1 for the PSone
-MGS3 Snake Eater not Subsistence the one with the extra weapons and funny endings
-Nearly I own all these games along with the digital download of MGS1.

So for new comers and collectors it's a buy, for me it's either a no sale or I'll wait for a price off.

Quote:
From the frozen Alaskan tundra to the jungles of Russia, the Metal Gear series has covered nearly every corner of the globe, with a story spanning over 50 years of history and four generations of consoles. And for the first time in series history, every core title will be available in a single box, starting July 9th, 2013 on PS3.

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection contains every canon Metal Gear release to grace PlayStation platforms from 1998′s Metal Gear Solid to 2008′s Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots to 2011′s Metal Gear Solid HD Collection* — all for $49.99. Perfect for newcomers or collectors looking for rare titles like Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions or the Metal Gear Solid digital graphic novels, this is the most massive Metal Gear release ever created with something for every infiltration expert to enjoy. All of this is included in a lovely new package that includes a 100-page art book containing rare marketing art from around the globe!

Want to start at the beginning of the series? Boot up Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition and play the original (updated) MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Want to jump straight into the story of Big Boss without touching the original PSone and PS2 Classics? (A weird decision, but who am I to judge?) Pop in Ashley Wood’s beautiful digital graphic novels for MGS1 and MGS2 (first time ever released outside of Japan!) to get caught up with all the events of the Shadow Moses Incident and Big Shell. Did I mention it includes VR Missions? Three words: playable Gray Fox.

War has changed, and it has never been easier to join the fight. Keep an eye out for the release of Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, in stores July 9th, 2013. You can pre-order now at Amazon.

*(containing Metal Gear Solid 2: SONS OF LIBERTY, Metal Gear Solid 3: SNAKE EATER and Metal Gear Solid: PEACE WALKER)
Old 2013-05-19, 13:45   Link #260
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Now Iam not sure if I should get the MGS Legacy Collection.

-It's MGS1 for the PSone
-MGS3 Snake Eater not Subsistence the one with the extra weapons and funny endings
-Nearly I own all these games along with the digital download of MGS1.

So for new comers and collectors it's a buy, for me it's either a no sale or I'll wait for a price off.
While I mostly agree with you I believe that the "snake eater" version of MGS3 is probably the same as the one on the previous HD Collection and that one had most of the extras aside from the ones that depended on the now disabled online features.

There was also talk of the collection containing two graphic novels. I personally own the first Digital Graphic Novel for the PSP but I thought that the second one had been cancelled.

It's still a bad deal anyway. I would only consider it if they managed to throw in the Twim Snakes remake for the gamecube.