AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-22, 02:00   Link #281
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah, I think it's big bro crying in the preview too.

Spoiler:

I totally think that referring to those girls by their mecha names is cruel and dehumanizing. It just validates any type of action done to them that can be done to a non-sentient weapon (torture them to make them stronger, kill them when they get out of hand, kill them when they aren't needed...). They could be classified as "enhanced humans" and actually retain basic civil rights. Right now, they really have none.
Old 2007-01-22, 02:16   Link #282
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
Also, isn't Badoras the cat girl? I thought it was, but then I noticed Kyoshiro called her something else when she appeared while he was with Kuu. So if Badoras isn't Tarouette, who is it? This conversation between Jin and Kyoshiro about that person/AA/whatever confused me.
I think Badoras is the name of the mech that Tarurotte controls. Kyoshiro and the others refer to her that way because the destructive power of the AA is manifested by the angel through their mechs. So by calling Tarurotte Badoras, they are refering to her power and not her neko looking self.

EDIT: by the way, I noticed a random thing while watching the OP. The mech that Kyoshiro and Kuu were sitting on (that one that has yet to make an appearance) is actually beaten up and damaged. Could this mean that it's foreshadowing that they will defeat this last unknown AA? I also found a surprising amount of info on Wikipedia for this series. Don't know if all of it is correct but it's all very interesting to read and look at.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 02:32   Link #283
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
EDIT: by the way, I noticed a random thing while watching the OP. The mech that Kyoshiro and Kuu were sitting on (that one that has yet to make an appearance) is actually beaten up and damaged. Could this mean that it's foreshadowing that they will defeat this last unknown AA? I also found a surprising amount of info on Wikipedia for this series. Don't know if all of it is correct but it's all very interesting to read and look at.
To me, the mech looks like the one associated with the blond girl in the intro. Megingjord I believe it is. In the shower scene of episode 3, they referred to it as the broken sword, which is rather interesting since all the AA's seem to be referred to as swords. I went to Wiki, and if the info is accurate, the blond girl I mentioned is the owner of Megingjord. It mentioned her body has been destroyed 3 times now and that she's now on her 4th reincarnation. Maybe that's what they mean by broken?
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 02:39   Link #284
Key Board
Carbon

Dear fansubbers...

it's not Kurausorasu...

it's not Clause

It's Claimh Solais. Please get it right next time.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 03:05   Link #285
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
To me, the mech looks like the one associated with the blond girl in the intro. Megingjord I believe it is. In the shower scene of episode 3, they referred to it as the broken sword, which is rather interesting since all the AA's seem to be referred to as swords. I went to Wiki, and if the info is accurate, the blond girl I mentioned is the owner of Megingjord. It mentioned her body has been destroyed 3 times now and that she's now on her 4th reincarnation. Maybe that's what they mean by broken?
Yea that was the one I was talking about. I was too lazy to look it up though, so I didn't mention it by name.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 06:34   Link #286
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I think the person crying the the preview for epi. 4 is Kyoshiro's older brother. It's really hard to tell the two of them apart but I do believe Kyoshiro's brother (or Ouji-sama, since that's who he very well may be) has red hair and yellow eyes and Kyoshiro has purple eyes and wine colored hair. In the preview the person crying had yellow eyes so I'm assuming there might be some flash backs or some such.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-22, 18:30   Link #287
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 03 - The Dancing Spiral

Am I the only one who thinks this episode mostly lead to nowhere?

It was just too vexing to me seeing Kuu marveling at Setsuna nth times that she did any household activities, and Kuu just stands there helplessly viewing herself as an ugly duckling and underappreciating herself comparing her person to Setsuna.

Kuu is overall wrong to think she has zero or null abilities or strengths. Everybody has comparable weaknesses and strengths, and Kyoshiro picked up Kuu and has taken a liking towards her because he saw the something that makes her special dormant within her; remember episode one, the light shining from within Kuu's chest that Kyoshiro noticed.

Unfortunately, since then there has been no progress to disclose what makes Kuu too important for Kyoshiro to keep her by his side. Instead, I only watched Kuu going-"Ooh! Ahh.... Setsuna-san is such a graceful swan princess while I am just a puny, ugly duckling."- and feeling unworthy or not fitting along with Kyoshiro and Setsuna; more like she viewed herself as a bother that would get in their way or an unfitting third.

I'm not specially fond about that bratty, pampered, cat-girl, I think her name's Tourette, either. She's too terribly spoiled and whimsical, that think she can have fun her way and not taking responsibility for her actions; everything seems a game to her, that's until someone disturbs her playtime then goes pissed-off serious.
But what would I think be the worst to me is that later they'll explain that she has a motivation for behaving the way she does, thus making her to a certain extent into a third-dimensional character; right now I'm labeling her as one-dimensional.
Spoiler:

Fortunately, they kept focused on the subplots that made me not to drop this title.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 19:09   Link #288
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

It was just too vexing to me seeing Kuu marveling at Setsuna nth times that she did any household activities, and Kuu just stands there helplessly viewing herself as an ugly duckling and underappreciating herself comparing her person to Setsuna.

Kuu is overall wrong to think she has zero or null abilities or strengths. Everybody has comparable weaknesses and strengths, and Kyoshiro picked up Kuu and has taken a liking towards her because he saw the something that makes her special dormant within her; remember episode one, the light shining from within Kuu's chest that Kyoshiro noticed.
well yea but imo thats all temporary ~ atm we are just getting all the facts and base character personalities in order for future developments so naturally it would go a little slower than usual ~

well at least for defin we know that kyoshiro doesnt hold any true feeling for setsuna...he is using her as a weapon for his own needs ~ he better not be doing a rin

and also kuu is a pessimist in a way ~ she thinks that she isnt able to compare with anybody while over looking her own beauty...she is somewat living in her own fantasy where things she hope with happen but has no chance to actually happen does indeed happen to her...meaning she would be thinking "this is too good to be true"
Quote:
Fortunately, they kept focused on the subplots that made me not to drop this title.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 19:16   Link #289
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Considering I dont remember anything after the opening scene with Kyoshiro in the shower, Id say yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz
Spoiler:
I agree with you there....
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 20:12   Link #290
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
I tried to convince a friend to watch Kyoshiro and I failed.

Those were his exact words.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 20:18   Link #291
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I believe that a person who think its Shoujo shouldn't be allowed to watch it anyway. :3
Old 2007-01-22, 21:19   Link #292
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What supposedly are the mechas the Absolute Angels materialize to fight each other?

For Setsuna's sword its name is pronounced Kurausoras or Claíomh Solais?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 21:44   Link #293
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Quote:

Kuu is overall wrong to think she has zero or null abilities or strengths.
It's part of her character. She has no self-esteem, so she thinks she is the "blah" girl who's not important.

Quote:
The Fansub I watched spelled it "Claimh Solais", and the description fits rather well, 'sword of light' an' all.

... Horse Rising > All. XD KtTnS CAN be classified as shoujo, but it's more seniki than shounen or shoujo, really. It has elements for everyone to enjoy. :3

Spoiler:

And is anyone else thinking Kuu = AA? We haven't seen The Broken Sword yet, so I'm thinking Kuu is. Perhaps she was Kyoshiro's brother's sword? It might explain why she dreams of him and why Kyoshiro is interested in her.
Kyanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 23:57   Link #294
orion

I so want to see someone flatten Tarurotte. My cat behaves better than her.

I also don't understand who would make a catgirl an AA. I mean cats are self-centered, don't follow orders and have a mind of their own. I still don't get the point of having her in the series either.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-23, 01:44   Link #295
Triker

Here is my random guess/theory.

Spoiler:
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 07:05   Link #296
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3.

You know, I don't really understand why people complain about the "Greetings, Oji-sama" monologues, since I think it's a very clever and unique spin on the internal narrative. Internal monologues/narratives are something that have a tendency to turn up in better anime (eg Haruhi among other series)... whether this is a coincidence or not I can't really say, but I am of the opinion that they should be used more frequently in series purely because of the insight they allow into the lead characters. But, the "Greetings, Oji-sama" adds that extra spin to the whole thing that's makes it somewhat novel, even if it's just on a superficial level.

Sure, the episode didn't make any great leaps and bounds, but personally I think this is taking the right path by focusing less on the action, plot and premise and more on the main three characters and their relationships. I suspected that maybe this could be better than KnM, but this episode strengthened my hope that this could well and truly surpass its predecessor. I do have complaints, though, but most of them are superficial. Catgirl and military man (their names aren't important enough to remember) will get defeated soon, and the sooner the better in my opinion, since they add nothing to the story. I also wtflol'd at the multi-shower scene at the beginning. If there are any suspicions that this whole thing is an over-the-top parody (which there were with KnM), that scene does little to dismiss them.

I like where this is going. It could still fail badly if it takes a wrong turn down the road, but I'm getting a little more confident that this won't happen.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 08:19   Link #297
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
You know, I don't really understand why people complain about the "Greetings, Oji-sama" monologues, since I think it's a very clever and unique spin on the internal narrative.
You can understand that the people complain 'cause it does happen all the time. Though i agree with what you said, they're indeed a clever way to go about expressing Kuu's thoughts. I believe this has never been done before, so it makes it even the more special.
Old 2007-01-23, 10:29   Link #298
orion

Yeah, that's probably the only way we're going to know Kuu's thoughts since she's too shy to say what's on her mind imo. Maybe she'll grow out of that before those letters to the Prince drive me bonkers.
Old 2007-01-23, 10:38   Link #299
cz23

Quote:
What supposedly are the mechas the Absolute Angels materialize to fight each other?

"Claiomh Solais
(Kurau Sorasu) (クラウソラス)"

Claìomh Solais would be the English name, and Kurausorasu would be the Japanese one.
cz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 11:20   Link #300
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
Here is my random guess/theory.

Spoiler:
Nice idea!

Spoiler:
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags