AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-08-16, 07:54   Link #201
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
they get to know each other, do a little male bonding,
I see. So they will get to know each other and do the little male bonding. Ok In my opinion, if Ichika and Minato Sahashi were to meet, then those two will speak to each other, get to know one another, and to get along. Thus having Ichika and Minato to become great friends. The young Orimura boy finally will have another male friend, which will make him happy.

In your opinion, how does Ichika feel/react when he lose to Minato Sahashi?
Old 2015-08-16, 18:19   Link #202
lovetospoon73

basically, nothing, because he's not the competitive type, which is one f the reasons why the girls like him
Old 2015-08-17, 15:45   Link #203
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
basically, nothing, because he's not the competitive type, which is one f the reasons why the girls like him
I see. So when Ichika lost to Minato, he wouldn't feel anything due to his non-competitive nature. In my opinion, Ichika would congratulate Minato for his victory. Like a good sport. And then those two will have a nice friendship.

If Ichika meet Issei Hyodou, what do think it would happen?

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2015-08-18 at 21:10.
Old 2015-08-17, 15:49   Link #204
lovetospoon73

well, they do some male bonding, cuz their guys, hyodou would get jelly at ichika, because he's the only dude at an all girl school, with hot chicks, that literally strip for him, plus since ichika is the ONLY student at the academy with common sense, he not as perverted as issei, but at least issei has some self control of his pervertedness, unlike both his & ichika's harems

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-08-17 at 16:06.
Old 2015-08-17, 20:17   Link #205
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
well, they do some male bonding, cuz their guys, hyodou would get jelly at ichika, because he's the only dude at an all girl school, with hot chicks, that literally strip for him, plus since ichika is the ONLY student at the academy with common sense, he not as perverted as issei, but at least issei has some self control of his pervertedness, unlike both his & ichika's harems
I see. So Ichika and Issei will do some bonding due to the fact they're guys. But also a chance of him to be jelly at him. Ok, here's my opinion. When Ichika meet Issei, they would definitely be friends. However, Ichika would find Issei odd as he's a well-known pervert, but in a good way. Other than that, he happened to be nice as him. After those two become friends, Ichika would definitely be bonding with Issei. Thus having him to begin to understand women.

I got to say, I love Issei because he turned out to be so funny.

If Ichika read/watch High School DxD series on FUNimation Channel, what would he react when he witness Issei's relationship with his girls such as Rias,Asia,Akeno,Koneko,Xenovia,Irina,and Rossweisee?
Old 2015-08-17, 22:07   Link #206
lovetospoon73

He could relate to him both his & hyodou's harems, r extremly preverted (eventually koneko started to drool over issei & want him to do nasty things to her) & cause ichika to think & ask himself this: does the girls at the academy only like him, because of his ability to pilot an IS, & once they find out the reason he can pilot one, will they grow tired of him, report to their home countries then betray him & dumped him for some rich dude, eventually he'll think he's a parasite not only to chifuyu, but to everyone at the academy?!
Old 2015-08-18, 00:35   Link #207
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
If Ichika meet Issei Hyodou, what do think it would happen?
*Gets summoned here due to IS and DxD being mentioned together*

Issei and Ichika would most definitely get along, with Ichika being weird out by Issei's pervy nature but seeing that he respects female all the same. Their tendency to defend their friends when needed is also another point that brings them together. Depending on how much of their secrets is shared, they can also talk about how they both aim to surpass a 'White' figure.

Ichika would eventually learn about girls and their feelings for him, while Issei would start to see the good points about himself and get over the seeds of doubt that Ray planted in him with her dying actions.

Comparison between their harems will happen eventually. Along with Ichika possibly beating up Issei for perving on Chifuyu.
Quote:
If Ichika read/watch High School DxD series on FUNimation Channel, what would he react when he witness Issei's relationship with his girls such as Rias, Asia, Akeno, Koneko, Xenovia, Irina, and Rossweisse?
With Rias, it's a 'commoner' and a 'noble' so either he compares her to Cecilia or Tatenashi due to their status, or Houki for the voice and chest, the issues of being seen as their siblings' younger sister, having expectations placed on them for being so high profile, etc.

Akeno hates herself for her heritage and flirts a lot. So either Tatenashi for that tendency or maybe...uh nope. Just her.

Koneko, hits Issei whenever he thinks/acts pervy then change later on...the harem for sure, especially after World-Purge.

Xenovia was an enemy before joining Issei's side, doesn't get some aspect of daily life, Laura for sure.

Irina is a childhood friend, enemy by circumstances, Rin. Points out how lewd things are at times, Charlotte.

Ross is difficult, she's advanced past her age, giving up on friends because she wasn't suited to accept her family crest (or something) so it's...hard to say for sure.

As for Ichika's reactions...

Rias: Blush a bit whenever Rias shows how body shy she is. But understands her positions somewhat. (He's compared and treated as Chifuyu's little brother a lot it seems.)

Akeno: Maybe laughs a little at Issei's reaction or sigh at the reminder of Tatenashi and the trouble she causes.

Asia: Rage when she dies, and wince when she misunderstands a Japanese concept.

Koneko: Can't say much, later on Ichika thoughts would stray thanks to the spoiler about Kuroka, but I can't think of much.

Reactions to Xenovia and Irina has been stated above.
Old 2015-08-18, 15:35   Link #208
Chaos-Zero

Sounds like an interesting theory. But I think that Issei's smart enough not to go on making his pervy moves on Chifuyu. True that Issei's a pervert, but he got self control. Not to mention he got street smarts. Once he knows what Ichika's sister is compatible of as he witness scaring her students, then Issei will know better not to do that to Chifuyu.

Interesting on Ichika's thoughts as he watching DxD. But there's a better comparison on our part...

Rias: She's a main female protagonist and the main love interest just like Houki.

Akeno: She's the boldest and have bigger breasts than the main female protagonist just like Cecilia.

Koneko: She's a loli and the youngest of the harem just like Rin.

Asia: She's the nicest girl in the harem and have blonde hair just like Charlotte.

Xenovia: She's once an enemy to the boy she like and then side with him, just like Laura.

Irina: She's could be a tease just like Tatenashi.

Rossewisse: She's a bookworm as she's intelligent and at the same age as Issei just like Kanzashi.

I do know that those two boys will get along well. Like I said before, Ichika can learn a lot from either Minato Sahashi, or Issei Hyoudou if that's what you guys preferring to.

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2015-08-19 at 01:20.
Old 2015-08-18, 16:46   Link #209
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Quote:
Sounds like an interesting theory. But I think that Issei's smart enough not to go on making his pervy moves on Chifuyu. True that Issei's a pervert, but he got self control. Not to mention he got street smarts. Once he knows what Ichika's sister is compatible of as he witness scaring her students, then Issei will know better not to do that to Chifuyu.

Interesting on Ichika's thoughts as he watching DxD. But there's a better comparison on our part...

Rias: She's a main female protagonist and the main love interest just like Houki.

Akeno: She's the boldest and have bigger breasts than the main female protagonist just like Cecilia.

Koneko: She's a loli and the youngest of the harem just like Rin.

Asia: She's the nicest girl in the harem and have blonde hair just like Charlotte.

Xenovia: She's once an enemy to the boy she like and then side with him, just like Laura.

Irina: She's could be a tease just like Tatenashi.

Rossewisse: She's a bookworm as she's intelligent and at the same age as Issei just like Kanzashi.

I do know that those two boys will get along well. Like I said before, Ichija can learn a lot from either Minato Sahashi, or Issei Hyoudou if that's what you guys preferring to.
Your 'better' comparison has a couple of issues. It only looks sound at first glance, but when you look deeper into their characterization you'll see that they act like the other girls more.

Rias = Houki, works rather well for reasons I've stated.

Akeno = Cecilia, somewhat I guess. Her friendship with Rias/Houki isn't there, the issues with father is, heritage is somewhat iffy. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Koneko = Rin, yeah both of them act up when treated as a little kid, Rin acts too rashly compared to Koneko, sibling issue that isn't quite there for Rin.

Asia = Charlotte, ...nicest? lolwut? Asia is a certain but Charlotte.... Both got their first friend in the boys, both have issues with who and what they are (Asia's powers and Charlotte's heritage).

Xenovia = Laura, works like you said.

Irina = Tatenashi, ...alright...so I'm not sure which translator you've been reading DxD from but I'm directing you to Baka Tsuki, Irina wants to be with Issei but can't for a few reasons, first of which is the stigma from an Angel and Devil being together as there's still tension between the factions. Second of which is the 'falling' aspect. And Sarashiki isn't Ichika's childhood friend (Thank God for that), takes advantage of him far too much, and various other issues I'm sure others have brought up plenty of times.

Rossweisse (You're spelling it wrong) = Kanzashi, yes there's the whole 'smarter than everyone else their age' thing but Ross also has beauty and battle skills, much like Kanzashi's sister, which is why I think it could/would cause issues when comparing them. Kanzashi doesn't have a direct match for any of the DxD girls you're picking, maybe Sona could be a fit of sorts but that's iffy at best.

There isn't always a good comparison to characters from other series, and sometimes it's a mix and match instead, which is something to keep in mind.
Old 2015-08-18, 21:33   Link #210
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacium Frost View Post
Your 'better' comparison has a couple of issues. It only looks sound at first glance, but when you look deeper into their characterization you'll see that they act like the other girls more.

Rias = Houki, works rather well for reasons I've stated.

Akeno = Cecilia, somewhat I guess. Her friendship with Rias/Houki isn't there, the issues with father is, heritage is somewhat iffy. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Koneko = Rin, yeah both of them act up when treated as a little kid, Rin acts too rashly compared to Koneko, sibling issue that isn't quite there for Rin.

Asia = Charlotte, ...nicest? lolwut? Asia is a certain but Charlotte.... Both got their first friend in the boys, both have issues with who and what they are (Asia's powers and Charlotte's heritage).

Xenovia = Laura, works like you said.

Irina = Tatenashi, ...alright...so I'm not sure which translator you've been reading DxD from but I'm directing you to Baka Tsuki, Irina wants to be with Issei but can't for a few reasons, first of which is the stigma from an Angel and Devil being together as there's still tension between the factions. Second of which is the 'falling' aspect. And Sarashiki isn't Ichika's childhood friend (Thank God for that), takes advantage of him far too much, and various other issues I'm sure others have brought up plenty of times.

Rossweisse (You're spelling it wrong) = Kanzashi, yes there's the whole 'smarter than everyone else their age' thing but Ross also has beauty and battle skills, much like Kanzashi's sister, which is why I think it could/would cause issues when comparing them. Kanzashi doesn't have a direct match for any of the DxD girls you're picking, maybe Sona could be a fit of sorts but that's iffy at best.

There isn't always a good comparison to characters from other series, and sometimes it's a mix and match instead, which is something to keep in mind.
You do have a good point that Rin and Irina were childhood friends of their loved ones. I almost forgot that Cecilia also have issues with her dad just like Akeno does. Although I didn't forget Akeno's past. That's reminds me, I've watch the 5th episode of High School DxD Born several times because its my favorite episode. Especially when Akeno got a date with Issei. I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. You're right about Houki wasn't best friends with Cecilia. I forgot to tell you that both Koneko and Rin often get angry at their respective loved ones. But the difference is that Koneko's more calm and collected.
Old 2015-08-18, 23:15   Link #211
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. You're right about Houki wasn't best friends with Cecilia. I forgot to tell you that both Koneko and Rin often get angry at their respective loved ones. But the difference is that Koneko's more calm and collected.
Uh, feels like your post suddenly lacked lines and/or spacing between different points.

Houki's best friend is...wow. Hard to say, maybe Sarashiki. Cecilia, her best friend is Rin from what I can tell.

Ah, yeah. Sharp remarks and lots of wit from 'Koneko-sama' as Issei calls her, Rin is a lot more physical.

You're sorry that you made me feel that way, what are you referring to?
Old 2015-08-19, 01:17   Link #212
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Uh, feels like your post suddenly lacked lines and/or spacing between different points.

Houki's best friend is...wow. Hard to say, maybe Sarashiki. Cecilia, her best friend is Rin from what I can tell.

Ah, yeah. Sharp remarks and lots of wit from 'Koneko-sama' as Issei calls her, Rin is a lot more physical.

You're sorry that you made me feel that way, what are you referring to?
I was referring to the poor comparison of Issei and Ichika's respective harem as you claimed. Did I mention that both Rias and Houki got big breasts but slightly smaller than Akeno and Cecilia's respectively.

Well I don't think that Kanzashi have anything in common with Sona. And why, because Sona don't have any romantic interest in Issei.
Old 2015-08-19, 06:53   Link #213
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Quote:
I was referring to the poor comparison of Issei and Ichika's respective harem as you claimed. Did I mention that both Rias and Houki got big breasts but slightly smaller than Akeno and Cecilia's respectively.

Well I don't think that Kanzashi have anything in common with Sona. And why, because Sona don't have any romantic interest in Issei.
Ah, that one. I think it's been stated that Houki's chest is the largest amongst the IS girls, not sure where.

I'm not talking about their attraction to the boys, I'm talking about personality here. Wears glasses, serious and younger of the siblings, embarrassed by their older sister, etc...

Not everything has to come back to the boys, even if this is a harem series.
Old 2015-08-19, 09:01   Link #214
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Ah, that one. I think it's been stated that Houki's chest is the largest amongst the IS girls, not sure where.

I'm not talking about their attraction to the boys, I'm talking about personality here. Wears glasses, serious and younger of the siblings, embarrassed by their older sister, etc...

Not everything has to come back to the boys, even if this is a harem series.
You're right about Rias and Houki personality are different from one another. One thing for sure is that Rias' not a tsundere. But they do have a lot in common more than their differences. Like I said before, both of them are the main female protagonists, both of them were the boys' main love interests,both of them love Issei and Ichika respectively. Both of the them have big chests.
Old 2015-08-19, 09:57   Link #215
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Quote:
You're right about Rias and Houki personality are different from one another. One thing for sure is that Rias' not a tsundere. But they do have a lot in common more than their differences. Like I said before, both of them are the main female protagonists, both of them were the boys' main love interests,both of them love Issei and Ichika respectively. Both of the them have big chests.
Well, yeah. That much is certain but most people can probably see that at first glance or something.

Is there a reason you're asking so many questions?
Old 2015-08-19, 10:51   Link #216
lovetospoon73

well the diff, is that houkiisn't a perv, or she secretly is
Old 2015-08-20, 09:34   Link #217
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
well the diff, is that houkiisn't a perv, or she secretly is
You got this one right on the difference between those two women.

I wonder what the IS girls paln to do once they learn that Ichika have a goal/dream in his life. Issei have a goal in his life, and that is to become a harem king. Minato's goal is to win the Sekirei Plan and his dream is to go to college in Tokyo.
Old 2015-08-20, 13:48   Link #218
lovetospoon73

Play along, try in help him make it come true
Old 2015-08-20, 14:52   Link #219
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Play along, try in help him make it come true
Ok. If Houki and the other girls finds out about Ichika's hopes and dreams, then they plan to help him make his dream to come true.

I must say that both Minato and Issei are the such great inspirations for him to understand women better.
Old 2015-08-20, 17:50   Link #220
lovetospoon73

i have a problem with issei, given the chance hyodou could give up rias, asia, & the other chicks in his fan club, for like a gizallion chicks with boobs as the size of watermelons
Closed Thread

Tags
characters