AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-22, 21:02   Link #1281
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

I don't understand on BT what's the difference between the previews and the full translation?
Old 2013-03-22, 23:10   Link #1282
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
I don't understand on BT what's the difference between the previews and the full translation?
Hmm I think that previews that were done were more akin to machine translations that were thoroughly checked over and then revised for proper sentence structure by Enigma/readers who found errors. Btw, after I got nostalgic for a bit I noticed that the previews have actually become much more detailed.

Ex:

“What is your relationship with Tigre-sama?”

Ellen almost laughed, but replied with a whimsical tone.

“That guy. He's mine.”

It was not a lie.

Tigre asked Ellen to lend him her soldiers, but he was still not freed as a prisoner.

And in the few days it took to reach Alsace from LeitMeritz, the deadline, as stipulated by the ransom, passed.

--- Tigre probably hasn't noticed. Either way, he can't do anything about it.

Ellen looked toward the Thenardier Army with a brilliant smile.

Though Teita was surprised, she stared at Ellen and clasped her hands, squeezing them together to gather her courage.

“I, I won't lose...!”

“I'm looking forward to it. I'll have to talk to Tigre about who he'll be married to.”

And also after that

When Tigre heard Teita remained in his mansion while the Thenardier Army attacked, he recklessly rushed in fright.

With only his horse, he had quickly made his way to the mansion.

Ellen panicked and had her men follow her. She caught up as Teita fell from the second floor.

In that time, Zaien was able to run away.

--- I'm a bit jealous.

The choosing who Tigre would be married to, and Ellen's comment on being jealous were definitely parts that were new or I had missed, and it just made that chapter so much more epic XD

From what I'm guessing, I'd say actual translations would be more akin to going character by character to translate the novel rather than using machine translations for some parts? That or someone wants to just keep it unofficial for now. Meh, iono, but I'm still extremely happy it's up on baka tsuki

I'm rereading the story to look for those little surprises :3
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 23:44   Link #1283
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Hahaha. Yeah, in the actual text (both JP and CH) Ellen is a pretty possessive woman. It comes up nearly all the time, and nearly everybody with half a brain for trolling gives her hell for it.

She doesn't admit it though, not even to herself - although I think recently that last bit has changed a bit.

Anyway...yes, since I'm posting here again that must mean a status update is coming soon to a thread near you!
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 02:16   Link #1284
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

TSUNDERE detected!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, does anybody know about how the whole BT system work? Need clarification.

Last edited by cramped; 2013-03-23 at 05:01. Reason: I like the present word flows.
cramped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 11:10   Link #1285
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Hmm, I suppose he's got a point there, although really Ellen is the clingy jealous tease. Lim is the kuu-tsun-whatever-dere.

I'll try to make this as brief as possible...

In short, we're done! (for now.)

DISCLAIMER

1. We've edited this so it sounds more like English prose. Sorry to those who like it original. I'm just not good at doing it that way, unless you want me to do it after having nailed foot-long stakes into my eyes. Repeatedly. Don't like it? Don't have to. And yeah, love you too, people.

2. The translator rants will take a while. Why? Because we need to compile our various joys and woes into something that sounds more coherent than what it is now - the random ramblings of two addled people who currently can't tell love from hate, right from wrong and genuine literary criticism from ill-advised vitriol. Not the kind of people you'd want to hear commentating on the politics of alternate-universe-medieval-Europe, I would think.

3. Feel free to post suggestions or possible corrections. But for heaven's sake don't start World War III over it. We're civilized people who make civilized conversation. We'll do this the organized way like good social netizens.

So! If you think the misconception will burn us so badly that we'll find Cocytus itself to be as frightening a prospect as the common cold -bad pun intended!- afterward, tell us first - you know, PM, VM, even Calling Me Maybe. Once we have enough stuff to work with, we'll just do a quick overhaul and notify you all of the general changes made. If you want to be credited for that it's cool. If not, chalk one more point up for the community in general.

4. Any shenanigans on BT will have to wait a bit. We haven't entirely decided what to do yet. In the meantime, cramped, gentleman and scholar, has already begun the raw translation of Chapter 2! Yes that's still on - who'd have thought it? However, it'll be a short while before I actually start doing my bit. You know, 21st century schedules and everything.

5. If you think that any of these aforementioned terms will utterly ruin your life on the Internet, or that some of the content will shock and disturb you, or that the large helpings of sarcasm that I toss into my posts flummoxes you beyond words, turn back now. If not, come on in - Spoilers ahoy.

Spoiler for Da chap:
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 12:15   Link #1286
azziz

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Hmm, I suppose he's got a point there, although really Ellen is the clingy jealous tease. Lim is the kuu-tsun-whatever-dere.

I'll try to make this as brief as possible...

DISCLAIMER

1. We've edited this so it sounds more like English prose. Sorry to those who like it original. I'm just not good at doing it that way, unless you want me to do it after having nailed foot-long stakes into my eyes. Repeatedly. Don't like it? Don't have to. And yeah, love you too, people.

2. The translator rants will take a while. Why? Because we need to compile our various joys and woes into something that sounds more coherent than what it is now - the random ramblings of two addled people who currently can't tell love from hate, right from wrong and genuine literary criticism from ill-advised vitriol. Not the kind of people you'd want to hear commentating on the politics of alternate-universe-medieval-Europe, I would think.

3. Feel free to post suggestions or possible corrections. But for heaven's sake don't start World War III over it. We're civilized people who make civilized conversation. We'll do this the organized way like good social netizens.

So! If you think the misconception will burn us so badly that we'll find Cocytus itself to be as frightening a prospect as the common cold -bad pun intended!- afterward, tell us first - you know, PM, VM, even Calling Me Maybe. Once we have enough stuff to work with, we'll just do a quick overhaul and notify you all of the general changes made. If you want to be credited for that it's cool. If not, chalk one more point up for the community in general.

4. Any shenanigans on BT will have to wait a bit. We haven't entirely decided what to do yet. In the meantime, cramped, gentleman and scholar, has already begun the raw translation of Chapter 2! Yes that's still on - who'd have thought it? However, it'll be a short while before I actually start doing my bit. You know, 21st century schedules and everything.

5. If you think that any of these aforementioned terms will utterly ruin your life on the Internet, or that some of the content will shock and disturb you, or that the large helpings of sarcasm that I toss into my posts flummoxes you beyond words, turn back now. If not, come on in - Spoilers ahoy.

Spoiler for Da chap:
Amazing!
allow me to be the first to congratulate you.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 14:27   Link #1287
xandrelex

Congratulations !!!
I wonder if it will be on Baka-Tsuki in the later days.
xandrelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 14:31   Link #1288
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
Amazing!
allow me to be the first to congratulate you.
But...I wanted to be the first ;(
Old 2013-03-23, 18:14   Link #1289
reccaryu

Awesome work! Thanks for the translations!
reccaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 18:59   Link #1290
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Hmm I think that previews that were done were more akin to machine translations that were thoroughly checked over and then revised for proper sentence structure by Enigma/readers who found errors. Btw, after I got nostalgic for a bit I noticed that the previews have actually become much more detailed.
Its considered a preview because it was done with a machine translator or the translator only released a small excerpt, but that's usually called a teaser. Heres a example of a machine translation of Eucliwood Hellscythe from japanese to english with google translate. ユークリウッド・ヘルサイズ = You chestnut wood size Hell. Doesn't make sense right? Google translate breaks it down per character thats the problem. Characters combined to read a name get broken down to individual words. It literally translates the characters word for word. Pending projects need to meet certain guidelines and translations get stuck in the preview category until a full volume is released. No matter how much you clean a translation up a machine trans has a accuracy I'd say around 30%? And that's midly pushing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post

Congrats! I'd recommend locking the doc though. You don't know who might vandalize it.
Old 2013-03-23, 19:49   Link #1291
cramped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Its considered a preview because it was done with a machine translator or the translator only released a small excerpt, but that's usually called a teaser. Heres a example of a machine translation of Eucliwood Hellscythe from japanese to english with google translate. ユークリウッド・ヘルサイズ = You chestnut wood size Hell. Doesn't make sense right? Google translate breaks it down per character thats the problem. Characters combined to read a name get broken down to individual words. It literally translates the characters word for word. Pending projects need to meet certain guidelines and translations get stuck in the preview category until a full volume is released. No matter how much you clean a translation up a machine trans has a accuracy I'd say around 30%? And that's midly pushing it.

Congrats! I'd recommend locking the doc though. You don't know who might vandalize it.
That one is a copy. Also the rants aren't in the copy one. T-T

Last edited by cramped; 2013-03-24 at 01:15.
Old 2013-03-24, 01:03   Link #1292
noobarta

Hmm we ever learn what kinda demon Tigre and Olga face in Asvarre? And did they say anything particular??
Old 2013-03-24, 01:11   Link #1293
cramped

Patience is the key lol, and besides the CH is only at chapter 2 and I haven't finished it yet. XD
Old 2013-03-24, 03:13   Link #1294
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
Patience is the key lol, and besides the CH is only at chapter 2 and I haven't finished it yet. XD
Oh sorry um...maybe I said it wrong D:

Didn't mean as in a translation because that part of the story probably won't come up for a WHILE, add to it the difficulties you already mentioned with translating such as names(Much thanks again _(._.)_) I just wanted to know like what the demon looked like, or if it said anything to them XD
Old 2013-03-24, 03:24   Link #1295
cramped

Most of the demons and the likes are from slavic folklore like drekavac and vodyanoy+zirnitra also so you can go look it up
Old 2013-03-24, 10:28   Link #1296
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Hey fellas new reader here and I must say I'm really enjoying this LN even for all the new terms but especially the progression of tigres harem . It's taking a completely different path as compared to other harem stories and I'm enjoying it. Also there is a lot of reading focused in the politics which is boiling my brain. But I do have one question. When do the antics of the girls show up? Or are there any? Cause I'm on v2 ch3 and there really hasn't been any funny antics which I'm actuall reading this for the war story as well as the harem so I was just wondering that.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:56   Link #1297
cramped

By funny antics do you mean comedy right? If so then there is not much in this series, mostly it is Ellen being over possessive of Tigre moment or when Lim get teased. It is just there to spice the story up to make a change of pace(in my opinion) otherwise it will be all politics/wars which the majority of the readers don't like it. I mean like in my country Thailand the readers are like OK - boob first, nude/naked checked, ecchi moment that kinda thinking. Anyways basically it is a marketing way to attract readers/buyers.

Last edited by cramped; 2013-03-24 at 11:00. Reason: Hmm, something more to add.
Old 2013-03-24, 13:17   Link #1298
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Hmm well that's kinda disappointing although ill continue to read this even without so much a comedy aspect there are still scenes that make it interesting lol
Old 2013-03-24, 15:28   Link #1299
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Okay getting a little angry at the fact that everyone keeps putting down tigres a ns Ellen's relationship. Why is everyone concerned with whether or not they get together? And it makes me more angry when Ellen agrees that he and she can't have a relationship going when it's clear she likes him
Old 2013-03-24, 17:49   Link #1300
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Okay getting a little angry at the fact that everyone keeps putting down tigres a ns Ellen's relationship. Why is everyone concerned with whether or not they get together? And it makes me more angry when Ellen agrees that he and she can't have a relationship going when it's clear she likes him
What section is that ?_? Or did you mean the translation they did for volume 6?

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)