AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2007-02-27, 15:28   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Asa Shigure related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Shuffle! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff, this is Asa's thread.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!
    All spoilers are allowed but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a title (see example). Failure to do this can result in a ban.
    [spoiler]Contents of the spoiler[/spoiler]
    The above is the basic spoiler tag but it helps a lot if you include a title in the spoiler tag so people will have some idea if they should or shouldn't open it!
    To do this, all you need add is an equal sign "=" after the word "spoiler" and then type an appropriate title.

For example, if you wanted to mention something from "Episode 2" of the first anime series, then type this...
    [spoiler=Series 1, Episode 2]...[/spoiler]
    Spoiler for Series 1, Episode 2:

Last edited by xris; 2007-02-27 at 18:49.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 18:18   Link #2
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
For me the scene when Asa finally uses magic to save Rin whom she loves very much is something that will i will never forget. No to mention that she looked outstanding with long green flowing hair

Spoiler for Asa Shuffle memories ep 8:
Old 2007-02-28, 19:09   Link #3
Nightfly
The eternal sleeper

Send a message via MSN to Nightfly
yay! asa thread revived

i wonder how many times she actually slapped rin ... must be tough for him, lol
Nightfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 04:45   Link #4
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

Well, Rin deserved it most of the time but that's another story ^.^
Anyway, can't blame me for being loyal to Asa, she's the coolest anime girl I ever saw, I just love her looks and attitude
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 15:19   Link #5
TigerII
Pilot in Training

My favorite from begining. Hoped he would go with her, did not actually think that what started as a side character, would end up with him.

I always go with greend haired girls, don't know why. Liked her from start. Same thing with Mion and Shion from Higurashi(Most hate those two).
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 17:18   Link #6
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ well it seems to me that there are a lot of green haired girls that ends up getting a lot of attention (points at avie) ~ i guess the colour green is just special (and not surprisingly its also my fav colur )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:29   Link #7
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ well it seems to me that there are a lot of green haired girls that ends up getting a lot of attention (points at avie) ~ i guess the colour green is just special (and not surprisingly its also my fav colur )
Tsuruya sure doesn't get the attention she deserves in MoHS though. >_<!!

Anyway, Asa is and will always be my favorite Shuffle girl.
Old 2007-03-02, 13:28   Link #8
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
True that Deathkillz iv noticed it as well. Im guessing since green is such eye catching color animators use green to draw viewers to a particular character. When i first saw Asa my eyes went straight to her it was like the other characters almost disappeared from view. The same with C.C. as im sure you know I love since i comment on all your avatars that have to do with her . My attention was drawn to her instantly because of her long green hair
Old 2007-03-02, 15:30   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I never really paid attention to hair color as such. Tsuruya (MoSH) was attractive because of her personality, complete lack of self-consciousness, and her laugh. In Asa's case, it was her facial expressions in the first pack of episodes that distinguished her (those wide-eyed looks and her attitude during the beach sequence). The beach top loss sequence struck me as two friends, one of whom has suddenly discovered she has tits and says, "hey look at these!" to the other -- at least that was my interpretation the very first time I saw that sequence.
Old 2007-03-02, 17:00   Link #10
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I never really paid attention to hair color as such. Tsuruya (MoSH) was attractive because of her personality, complete lack of self-consciousness, and her laugh.
Agree, it takes more than just the hair for a character to be likeable; And I also like Tsuruya for the things you just mentioned (though, the insane amount of fanart she gets, helps a lot as well ).

As for Asa herself, I think I actually started to like her because of Ama. At one point I though they were sisters and felt they were one of the cutest pair I had seen in quite a while.
Old 2007-03-02, 18:30   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
vexx you forgot about her fangs! O.o

*cough* well i guess the first thing that got me noticing asa was her insane back breaking slap and the "ya ho!" greeting

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 03:41   Link #12
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
As for Asa herself, I think I actually started to like her because of Ama. At one point I though they were sisters and felt they were one of the cutest pair I had seen in quite a while.
I have to agree with Daniel E.. I actually began liking Asa after Riker introduced me to Ama (which complicates me, because I adore both of them ) Plus, she has the best ani-mom in the world, which is instant win.

Spoiler:
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 00:37   Link #13
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I didn't really notice Asa much at the beginning. It wasn't till i re-watch the first few eps that i notice all the little things she did - The suprise attack on Rin and the her hiding Rin form the clubs . Once i notice her + the green hair which i always like. i just couldn't keep my eyes off her and her playful Onee-sama attitude .
Old 2007-03-07, 13:34   Link #14
Cyz
"Show it to me"

It's too bad Asa didn't keep her long hair. I think it suits her better.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 19:27   Link #15
Nightfly
The eternal sleeper

Send a message via MSN to Nightfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
It's too bad Asa didn't keep her long hair. I think it suits her better.
agree... i don't like shorthaired girls much (on lot's of exceptions like chara's from nanoha =D )

long hair = win
Nightfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 02:15   Link #16
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
In Asa's case, I think she looks better with short hair. Having gone through the series seeing her that way, I guess you cold say I got use to it.

I at least don't like how the hair style was when it was long. Maybe a change of style would change my mind.

I liked her playfullness, the way she was a beacon of support for Rin and his friends, and finally, her mom was too cute for words.
Old 2007-03-09, 02:21   Link #17
Bondius

I agree with justingstrife ^.^ I think her short hair suits her better. You could say even SHE thought of it that way, since she cut it at the end of the series (in the credits). She looks more original with this hairstyle (the green long-haired girls are already overused, example: Tsuruya; TMoHS).
Old 2007-03-09, 21:09   Link #18
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondius View Post
I agree with justingstrife ^.^ I think her short hair suits her better. You could say even SHE thought of it that way, since she cut it at the end of the series (in the credits). She looks more original with this hairstyle (the green long-haired girls are already overused, example: Tsuruya; TMoHS).
You're right about that. It was a nice change that made her stand out even more I think.
Old 2007-03-11, 14:18   Link #19
Bondius

The first thing that caught my eye about her (physically) was the longer lock of hair on her left, which she keeps her ribbon tied to it. It looked a bit strange at first yet very original compared to other hairstyles in animes.

Gotta admit it ... she looks great just the way she is, Rin is one lucky son-of-a-gun who doesn't quite deserve a great girl like Asa but that's the way things go hehe.
Old 2007-03-26, 16:59   Link #20
Labbe

I just viewed the last episode of Shuffle! and i must say that Asa Shigure is one of my favourite anime chars of all time, Rin totally chose the right girl. Though marrying Sia and becoming King in the god realm wouldn't be a shame either Really glad i watched this anime^^
Labbe is offline   Reply With Quote