AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-13, 00:49   Link #13041
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I can see the tabloids- To Aru Majutsu no Index New Testament: Loli Abusing Anime.

"THINK OF THE CHILDREN! WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!"
Then on the next page, we have an Op-Ed advocating for tighter swimsuit regulations to prevent rape.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-13, 01:02   Link #13042
arson88

There will be a disclaimer that states that no real Lolis were abused in this show.
Old 2011-08-13, 01:04   Link #13043
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^
And in fact, lolis abused non-loli characters in this show [see Orsola beaten up by Agnese, Birdway slapping Hamazura's face, etc.].
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-08-13, 01:17   Link #13044
arson88

^
as long it is not done by a male, everything is fine, is it?
Old 2011-08-13, 01:34   Link #13045
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Part 3 is out.

Kumokawa really is the classic "Boring~ Bah~" type of underachiever.

...And damn, we know why that Director hired her. Free peep show.

Awakin has found a soulmate.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-13, 01:45   Link #13046
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
There will be a disclaimer that states that no real Lolis were abused in this show.
But what about the mental image and the damage that it had already cause !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^
And in fact, lolis abused non-loli characters in this show [see Orsola beaten up by Agnese, Birdway slapping Hamazura's face, etc.].
OMG it teaches children to be violent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
^
as long it is not done by a male, everything is fine, is it?
Well too late for that but technically yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Part 3 is out.

Kumokawa really is the classic "Boring~ Bah~" type of underachiever.
Eh? Even the impenetrable Femme Fatale Kumokawa Seria has her vulnerable moments? I would never had guess...
Old 2011-08-13, 02:03   Link #13047
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------

“还真是辛苦啊……喂,为什么连结标那个家伙也在里面打诨啊?”

虽然已经同暗部组织“GROUP”没有任何关系了,可是一方也没想到会在这儿遇到曾经的同伴。

似乎有些走神般,(虽说知道上条当麻不是单纯的战斗人员,双方能够平和相处这一点还是值得感慨的。)第一位 小声嘀咕着。

“拜他为师吧!”

滨面没想那么多,旁若无人地开口说道。

-------------------------------------------------------------

That last part translates to "Hamazura didn't put much thought into it, and said that to no one in particular."

Nothing about 'repeating same thing', So the question now would be who's right?
I'll write the original paragraph here. I hope it's not against the rules.

Spoiler:

I think it's Hamazura who said the last line, and Chaos was right about

Quote:
"That last part translates to "Hamazura didn't put much thought into it, and said that to no one in particular.""
Old 2011-08-13, 02:05   Link #13048
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, Shiage said that.

Anyway, finished reading the volume.

90% of the book is Birdway giving explanation. Little thing happened. The volume is to give the heroes some time to think about the world around them and make decisions.

Some random notes:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-13, 02:11   Link #13049
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I'll write the original paragraph here. I hope it's not against the rules.
Even if it is, there's absolutely nobody around to enforce it.

It's total anarchy here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

Spoiler:

I think it's Hamazura who said the last line, and Chaos was right about
Ahh thanks for clearing that up
Old 2011-08-13, 02:13   Link #13050
arson88

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

Spoiler:
What magic? A bit of spoiler, please?
Old 2011-08-13, 02:17   Link #13051
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-13, 02:48   Link #13052
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Spoiler:
Hmm, did Tsuchimikado go "I was there first, biatch."

Old 2011-08-13, 03:09   Link #13053
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Hmm, Kumokawa's section reveals a lot to be desired in knowing. Particularly of what she really thinks of Kamijou Touma not as "the underclassman who possesses a unique power known as the Imagine Breaker, a phenomenon that has yet to be understood" but as an individual, an underclassman she sees on a day-to-day basis in school. The normal Kamijou Touma.

... A yet to be revealed flag? For a character with so much charisma or so I think, to have Touma's disappearance make her go into a slump like that is quite something.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-08-13, 03:40   Link #13054
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
“Kumokawa Seria, the Super JK Tactician bossed around by the Board of Directors is here!! I’ll dull the judgment of any pure boy☆!”

After nailing it all perfectly, Kumokawa’s shoulders drooped and she wordlessly fell back down onto the sofa.

“…I can’t do it. It just feels so empty. I’m not that #5, so I can’t do things like that...
... Wow, two reference to Shokuhou Misaki in one volume? I'm wondering if she'll show up next volume...

And as for the rest of Ch2 Pt3, I'm guessing Touma raised another flag >.> One that I didn't think he'd be capable of pulling it off.

Did the Kami-yan disease mutate and got a lot more potent?
Old 2011-08-13, 04:07   Link #13055
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
... Wow, two reference to Shokuhou Misaki in one volume? I'm wondering if she'll show up next volume...

And as for the rest of Ch2 Pt3, I'm guessing Touma raised another flag >.> One that I didn't think he'd be capable of pulling it off.

Damn, I was just about to say that #5 is being name dropped alot.

Well, on the Seria front, it seems to me that she and the BoD she works with are good people, but there are limits to what they can do. Touma ignores those limits and saves people that Seria had thought lost forever, and she respects him for that.

Having him appear to die was probably a blow to her because she could do nothing to prevent his death. He was outside her power, and served as a cold reminder that she can't save everyone.

Of course, there is also romantic subsext in that, but her depression does not = her liking Touma.
Old 2011-08-13, 04:54   Link #13056
Excorsism

Accelerator still doesn't meet Misaka? I am super disappointed. Hopefully the next one will do it. Urgh.
Old 2011-08-13, 05:21   Link #13057
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Flere821: It just gets more potent... Each passing volume.

Ashaman: Che... A man can't dream can he? Also next time I need a Just Kidding! signpost.

Well, the prospect of seeing Touma triggering flags here and there is just too amusing for me I won't mind if there'll be a spin-off based on that alone.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-08-13, 06:11   Link #13058
Hiro Hayase

Quote:

It's possible that there might be even more references to #5 too becuase the volume still has 4 chapters to be translated and the epilogue. Although I agree with you, all these references seem to foreshadow Shokuhou Misaki appearing soon. *Plays dramatic music*

Quote:
Question: Is the author of TAMnI a lolicon? There's loli every where in each chapter of the book
ROFL an anonymous person asked this question on Toaru's discussion page in Baka-Tsuki.
Old 2011-08-13, 06:35   Link #13059
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Hmm, Kumokawa's section reveals a lot to be desired in knowing. Particularly of what she really thinks of Kamijou Touma not as "the underclassman who possesses a unique power known as the Imagine Breaker, a phenomenon that has yet to be understood" but as an individual, an underclassman she sees on a day-to-day basis in school. The normal Kamijou Touma.

... A yet to be revealed flag? For a character with so much charisma or so I think, to have Touma's disappearance make her go into a slump like that is quite something.
Kumokawa's 'depression' mirrors alot of character's own internal turmoil- The ability to wield great power, but completely useless when it matters the most. As oppose to Kamijou who wields a weak power, but is always reliable when it matters the most.

Kamachi really likes to drive home this point.

Quote:
What could she possibly be doing in Hawaii ?

Quote:

Mah, if it's something as simple as gaining girl's respect and admiration, it's already at that level a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Well, on the Seria front, it seems to me that she and the BoD she works with are good people, but there are limits to what they can do. Touma ignores those limits and saves people that Seria had thought lost forever, and she respects him for that.

Having him appear to die was probably a blow to her because she could do nothing to prevent his death. He was outside her power, and served as a cold reminder that she can't save everyone.
What surprised me is that human side of Seria, I honestly thought Kamachi was going to play her as another cold manipulative character that isn't touched by anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
It's possible that there might be even more references to #5 too becuase the volume still has 4 chapters to be translated and the epilogue. Although I agree with you, all these references seem to foreshadow Shokuhou Misaki appearing soon. *Plays dramatic music*
Sigh, yet nothing on the number 6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
ROFL an anonymous person asked this question on Toaru's discussion page in Baka-Tsuki.
Hmmm, relative to the entire cast, there isn't really a noticable loli population, it's just that this volume is a cluster-fest for every character that even remotely mattered once.... As well as introducing other characters into the main story.
Old 2011-08-13, 06:47   Link #13060
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Ashaman: Che... A man can't dream can he? Also next time I need a Just Kidding! signpost.
Oh, I'm wishing for it too. But I'm just pointing out that its not black and white.

Touma raised her flag, its just that it might not be a Lovers flag.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen