AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 271 79.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 12.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 1.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.88%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-28, 20:41   Link #221
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
While I do enjoy Adachi's stuff, he almost always violates two of Hitagi's precepts regarding manga.
hahaha... well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
Sengojahara is totally obvlivious to the obviously uncomfortable situation of being with your ---friends parent in a car,
On the contrary, she is highly perceptive about her surroundings and very intelligent. No, I believe the entire set up was carefully designed by Ms. Senjougahara. We can tell that it was intentional when she makes it clear her dad is one of the very few things she can offer. She also made sure her dad got to have a one-on-one talk with Araragi, hence the alone time for those two while Hitagi-san went to make preparation for star gazing. The main goal here was to have her dad's approval of the guy she was serious about. I guess now that it's out of the way, she will start naming the children.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 20:44   Link #222
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

As a watcher of Bakemonogatari more for the supernatural elements than romance, I have to be honest and say that this episode didn't really effect me as much as it apparently did all the rest of you. Felt slightly bored through it honestly.
Though to be fair, I'm not really a Senjougahara fan. (not really fond of her character type in general.)

That said, I admit that I did like the last scene. It was sweet.
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 20:46   Link #223
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whoa.. talk about viewer satisfaction over 80% voted 10/10, dang.

And it was an awesome, awesome episode. I was wondering if Hanekawa would make an appearance, but this was about Koyomi & Hitagi. They also gave it a good ending for those who will be unable to see the streaming episodes (I don't know who doesn't have internet in Japan, but whatever).

Hitagi for the win. Whispering in his ear, god know what, and his ear turning red with his hair pointing and the speedometer maxing out, while rubbing his upper leg no less!

Oh, I watched gg's version and there were black bars on the top and bottom. Was the whole episode aired like that? I remember seeing scrolling text on the bottom half cut off. Does that mean the video was cut off the entire episode? I'm surprised they would make a mistake like that. And if this has been answered already, sorry, but I can't read 12 pages worth of posts.
Old 2009-09-28, 20:53   Link #224
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Whoa.. talk about viewer satisfaction over 80% voted 10/10, dang.

And it was an awesome, awesome episode. I was wondering if Hanekawa would make an appearance, but this was about Koyomi & Hitagi. They also gave it a good ending for those who will be unable to see the streaming episodes (I don't know who doesn't have internet in Japan, but whatever).

Hitagi for the win. Whispering in his ear, god know what, and his ear turning red with his hair pointing and the speedometer maxing out, while rubbing his upper leg no less!

Oh, I watched gg's version and there were black bars on the top and bottom. Was the whole episode aired like that? I remember seeing scrolling text on the bottom half cut off. Does that mean the video was cut off the entire episode? I'm surprised they would make a mistake like that. And if this has been answered already, sorry, but I can't read 12 pages worth of posts.
The episode aired with black bars. So gg's encoder decided to cut the black bars, which most encoder would do.
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 21:06   Link #225
guanin
Jiii~

Isn't the ending just the 2nd stanza of Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari? I'm confused, someone said it was a new song.
Old 2009-09-28, 22:39   Link #226
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
God I should have watched this episode a whole lot earlier. This was one of my favourites from the series. It's almost like the lack of Senjougahara the last few episodes was to charge up for this one. You had SenjougaharaxAraragi from start to finish.

I like how clearly she put things especially near the end. Giving everything that she has and being honest about the fears she has. Maybe Araragi was right that she is like an rpg hero going into a dark cave without a torch. This episode just reminded me why she was my favourite part of this show.

Hitagi's father was a pretty good guy. I wondered if he was deaf or something with how silent he was the whole time before she left the car. I think he is right that just being there when Hitagi needs him is enough. It's not really about how large the role he played in helping her just that he was there.
Old 2009-09-28, 22:46   Link #227
chickdigger802

is it just the version I dled or did this show go super widescreen (cinema)?
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 22:58   Link #228
guanin
Jiii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
I think the episodes were all in HD and 1280x768 from the start.
Old 2009-09-28, 23:02   Link #229
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guanin View Post
I think the episodes were all in HD and 1280x768 from the start.
This episode is in cinema aspect ratio. Previous episode was 16:9 aspect ratio. All episodes were aired in 1080i.
Old 2009-09-28, 23:03   Link #230
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This episode was fucking fantastic, absolutely perfect ending to the series (for now).

The two of them have to be the best couple I've seen in a series in years, shit.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 23:41   Link #231
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Good Show

I liked the plot lines, the style, the artwork and the story. Very well done.

I guess we have 2 more web only EPs? Is this correct?
Old 2009-09-28, 23:45   Link #232
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdern View Post
I liked the plot lines, the style, the artwork and the story. Very well done.

I guess we have 2 more web only EPs? Is this correct?
There are 3 more eps that will premiere online. It will the last 3 part of the Tsubasa Cat arc.
Old 2009-09-28, 23:45   Link #233
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

The arc is going to lats four episodes?

eww, that's too long

what about shinobu?

D:

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 23:49   Link #234
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
The arc is going to lats four episodes?

eww, that's too long

what about shinobu?

D:
The arc is 5 episode. Ep 12 is also part of it, and it was in the novel. The arc is probably the longest in the 2 volume books that the anime is doing. Shinobu might be part of it unless you are talking about the Koyomi Vampire arc, which is a prequel.
Old 2009-09-29, 00:00   Link #235
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by epl View Post
The episode aired with black bars. So gg's encoder decided to cut the black bars, which most encoder would do.
I doubt that other encoders will decide to cut the black bars like gg. The sponsor screen is not the same ratio but gg also cut it out (including the part of password in this episode) But you can say that who cares.
Old 2009-09-29, 00:01   Link #236
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
On the contrary, she is highly perceptive about her surroundings and very intelligent. No, I believe the entire set up was carefully designed by Ms. Senjougahara. We can tell that it was intentional when she makes it clear her dad is one of the very few things she can offer. She also made sure her dad got to have a one-on-one talk with Araragi, hence the alone time for those two while Hitagi-san went to make preparation for star gazing. The main goal here was to have her dad's approval of the guy she was serious about. I guess now that it's out of the way, she will start naming the children.
Don't forget: she also "trained" Koyomi to stop calling her by her family name!

Now what would it take to get him to drop the honorific?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 00:04   Link #237
achirist

Quote:
hahaha... well said!

Well yes, it was planned, but she did act oblivious to what that situation meant for Koyimi--and in a way that verifies the earlier text in the episode where he talked about her.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 00:13   Link #238
zato_1one

Hitagi-sama is like a perfect model for other anime characters. If you love someone, please say it! Don't try to be good and expect him/her to notice your feeling, dammit!
Old 2009-09-29, 00:49   Link #239
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
I guess now that it's out of the way, she will start naming the children.
She will have to overcome the barrier of her trauma first if she wanna name the children for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Don't forget: she also "trained" Koyomi to stop calling her by her family name!

Now what would it take to get him to drop the honorific?
Err, try to find someone else (older than them) name Hitagi. And put all of them in one place.
Then Araragi will have to call her Hitagi~chan.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 00:54   Link #240
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
This was by far the best episode. Full of Hitagi-ness. Good for a "last" episode. We'll see how the web episodes do.