AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-09-09, 21:03   Link #441
TGBatman

Thanks for the answer, I didn't know if the fact of it being encoded as interlaced would affect encoding in some way, or if there was an obscure reason for it being like that.

Then, I'll just do a resize to 1280x720, as it seems to be an upscale. I really don't get why they didn't make this movie at real 1080p, it would have been great.
TGBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 06:14   Link #442
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by twc View Post
Do RFF/TFF flags even exist on BDs? Every report of hybrid BDs I've heard of mentions that the 24 fps segments are coded as interlaced/telecined.
In theory they most certainly do exist on BD's too, but no, I've never actually seen a hybrid-flagged BD in the real world either.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 22:01   Link #443
Sub-zero 4ever

Code:
clip=avisource("clip.avi").converttorgb32()
img=imagereader("01.png", pixel_type="rgb32", fps=23.976)
layer(clip, img)
isnt there a way to return the frame-rate of another clip in the same script (assuming that clip has CFR), for example
Code:
fps=clip.fps
(same way as accessing struct's members like in C)

and regarding Layer().. the problem is that the thing it can overlay pngs with alpha which i couldnt do with overlay(), but it is costy (converttorgb32())

isnt there another way to deal with images contain alpha pixels in pngs that costs less?

and sorry for my bad english btw.
Sub-zero 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 22:20   Link #444
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero 4ever View Post
Code:
fps=clip.fps
fps=clip.framerate

Avisynth actually has a decent manual, looking this up took less than a minute.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 23:14   Link #445
twc
Banned

Sub-zero 4ever, you can use Overlay(mask=clip) in combination with ShowAlpha() to process in YUV. Another thing you could do is to make the alpha clip using ShowAlpha() and then perform the overlay using mt_merge() from MaskTools2, which will guarantee full YV12 or YUY2 processing.
twc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 01:35   Link #446
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zergrinch Send a message via Yahoo to Zergrinch
I'm consistently getting an AVISynth error which goes like this:

CAVIStreamSynth: System exception - Integer Divide by Zero at 0x4ed5010

This error only happens to a specific AVI file I'm encoding. I have tried this on two different computers, with the same results. Other similar AVI files I've encoded using the same script and X264 codec settings don't have any problems, so it's limited only to this file. The error only happens on a specific frame - at the 7:58.591 mark (I assume this is frame 11485 at 23.997fps)

Searching for similar problems give a recommendation to add the following to the script (from Doom9 forums):
setmemorymax(20)
converttoyv12()

Unfortunately, the same error occurred. I am using the latest version of meGUI with Avisynth 2.58 build Dec 22 2008.

The contents of my script are as follows:

DirectShowSource("D:\Episode 13\[Cooking.Master.Boy][13][DVDRip][XviD.MP3](B36A64D4).avi")
setmemorymax(20)
converttoyv12()
dfttest(sigma=0.4)
limitedsharpenfaster(strength=30)
TextSub("D:\Episode 13\Episode 13 - Hardsubs.ass")

I have tried AVISource and DSS2, to no avail. I am currently going to try re-encoding with selective disabling of the last three commands, but am also interested in whatever recommendations I can get. If it will help, I have uploaded the input files, as well as the output file with the error, on my webspace.

Thanks!
Zergrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 02:31   Link #447
salty
3D MAXEEER

you got a corrupted avi. redownload it. you said, its the only avi among all the (batch of) avi's you encode with the same avisynth script that gives this error. the frame you specified is causing the error, its corrupted. other than that... its a memory leak. check this one http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/FAQ_co...from_0x0.22.3F on a way to fix it. hth

Last edited by salty; 2009-10-13 at 02:44.
salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 03:33   Link #448
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Well, the memory leak was in response to the error saying "Access violation at 0x0, reading from 0x0", and I already specified SetMemoryMax at the beginning of the script. This one is a bit different - searching for division by zero problems was not very informative, honestly.

I have tried to encode without dfftest and limitedsharpenfaster enabled, with the same result. I will try one last time, without TextSub, before calling the AVI corrupt. The reason I'm reluctant to write it off as corrupt is because I have been able to encode this properly in the past.
Old 2009-10-13, 04:43   Link #449
salty
3D MAXEEER

i only suggested you got a corrupted avi since someone in here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...45#post2368545) have already experienced your problem but he never disclosed whats the exact problem he had and only said there was a problem with the raw video he was using, so i only inferred that he might had a corrupted file and yours might experiencing the same. well, i hope someone can help you with your problem.

Last edited by salty; 2009-10-13 at 05:01.
salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 06:19   Link #450
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Okay. I tried re-encoding with just TextSub disabled.

No problems at all!

This is odd. It's the first time I've ever have an Aegisub-generated ASS file play havoc with AviSynth...
Old 2009-10-13, 17:46   Link #451
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
Okay. I tried re-encoding with just TextSub disabled.

No problems at all!

This is odd. It's the first time I've ever have an Aegisub-generated ASS file play havoc with AviSynth...
Care to share? I'd like to see if it could be a problem with the file, a bug in VSFilter (no I'm not going to fix any) or what.

Old 2009-10-13, 22:38   Link #452
Zergrinch
Fansubber

I've gone through the ASS file in question, and saw a typo which caused this error.

Instead of \blur30, it came out as \blur300.

This was more than enough to crash AviSynth

Changing it to a more reasonable value like 10 completely fixed the problem.
Old 2009-11-12, 10:30   Link #453
Sub-zero 4ever

so like... FFVideoSource() can rip the timecodes out of any file it can open? if yes then should it give precise results? because i tried to extract the timecodes out of VOB file and it gave me strange times, for the clip it was about 19 minutes long and the timecodes were between 0 to 1780 with some duplicates of some times like
etc...

also seeking the video through the same function is totally missed up (in the same .vob). i tried the possible values for "seekmode" from -1 to 3.
am I fucking up something? because i tried the timecodes parameter on other containers (namely mkv-mp4-avi) and it worked completely and prefectly.

and all those attempts were to make sure that my source (*.vob) does not contain any softtelecined frames because if there is any the sound and video will play unsynced due to RFFs if imported through ffvideosource() (lol so n00b?)

thanks in advance
Sub-zero 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 19:30   Link #454
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
You should use DGIndex to index the VOB file and then load the .d2v into your AviSynth script with Mpeg2Source(). If it's fully soft-telecined, you can just use the Forced Film option in DGIndex to index it at the original 23.98 fps. If it's hard-telecined or a mix, you'll need to use the Honor Pulldown Flags option in DGIndex and then use IVTC and decimation filters in AviSynth.

The only time you'll need a timecodes file, though, is if the VOB has variable frame rate material. (I.e. a mix of 29.97 fps and telecined 23.98 fps video.) In which case you'd get the timecodes file from the decimation filter.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 22:02   Link #455
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
FFMS2 cannot handle transport streams, and that includes program streams like a VOB, at least as far as I can recall. VOB's won't have VFR marked in timecodes as they are of a constant framerate, so your shit is either telecined or full 30fps. Use mpeg2dec3/dvd2avi to index, or dgindex if you're a neuron2 supporter for some reason, and then IVTC filters.

@Desbreko: decimation is part of the IVTC process, they are not separate.

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 04:01   Link #456
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
Okay, if you want to be technical, you use field matching and decimation filters.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 16:52   Link #457
misteranonimous

http://hologfx.com/images/snapshot20091113214709.png

Any ideas on how I could correct the jagged lines?

I've tried using blur but then all the colour go funny, they go really bright.

I think its an upscale anyway, so I will downscale it so 720p, that should reduce the pixelization, but its still noticeable at 720p.

Any ideas?
misteranonimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 17:32   Link #458
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteranonimous View Post

Quote:
Any ideas on how I could correct the jagged lines?
antialiasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emess View Post
FFMS2 cannot handle transport streams
wrong
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 17:37   Link #459
misteranonimous

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...13214709-1.jpg

I'll try antialiasing, thx
misteranonimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 18:13   Link #460
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Try using a source that is not just an upscale.
AIR wasn't produced in HD, it was an SD production. The opening was later re-produced for HD, but that's the only thing.