AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2004-09-20, 23:16   Link #41
FlyByNite

Negima TV SERIES to start in January?

From AnimeNewsNetwork.com
According to Japanese site Moonphase, a Mahou Sensei Negima TV series, based on Ken Akamatsu's Negima manga, will premiere in January 2005.

Whoo. A tv series instead of short oav and in JANUARY!
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 17:27   Link #42
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki-sama
Aside from Love Hina, what other Akamatsu creation has been made into an animation?

And don't take this the wrong way you all, but what percentage of anime/movies have lived up the the corresponding mangas/books.

I'm a fan of Ken Akamatsu's stuff that has made it stateside so far and am really happy that they are turning this manga into an animation, be it a few episodes in OVA or series.
Isn't Mao-Chan another one of his? Or coincidence that The General looks like Naru?
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 20:41   Link #43
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I prefer the manga, anime of Negi is gonna second rate. None of Akatmatsu animes ever work it's elements well as compared to his manga incarnations.
Old 2004-09-29, 21:04   Link #44
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
hmm.....

Spoiler:
I didn't catch that. XD

Quote:
Aside from Love Hina, what other Akamatsu creation has been made into an animation?
Mao-chan was, and it was decent for it was.

Quote:
And don't take this the wrong way you all, but what percentage of anime/movies have lived up the the corresponding mangas/books.
That's not the problem; the problem is how glaringly different Akamatsu's art style differs from the animation studio's, which I still don't understand why so many people are not aware of. Just for reference, if Love Hina and Negima are drawn like the Love Hina OVA I would have NO complaints graphically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki Takeshi
damn i was afraid of this....when i first heard that msn was going to be animated, i was afraid that they would bucher it like how they did lh. but i guess my fears came true cause after looking at those screens, it seems it will be animated by the ones who did lh. so that means that characters will look nothing like the manga!!!! they all look chubby and funny looking. damn i was hoping maybe the animaters would make it at least like lh ova style. at least that was close to manga style. damn...
YES, AMEN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
(2) Art quality.
Like Love Hina, Negima anime has a lower art quality compare with its manga.
Corrected.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 20:36   Link #45
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Actually, I thought the 26 parter Love Hina TV series had superb animation. It was the Love Hina Again OVA that was distinctly sub-par and miles away from being a good anime.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 12:56   Link #46
Mitchell

Send a message via ICQ to Mitchell
When will the first episode officially be aired on tv.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 13:28   Link #47
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Its going to be shown in January
Old 2004-10-19, 18:40   Link #48
FlyByNite

From AnimeNewsNetwork
Negima Anime beginning in January (2004-10-19 15:41:30)
Mooh Phase reports that the Mahou Senshi Negima anime will premiere on January 6th at 1:00AM on TV Tokyo. The lead production company for the series is XEBEC. Moon Phase tentatively lists Nagisa Miyazaki as the Director. Mahou Senshi Negima was created by Ken Akamatsu, also known for the Love Hina manga. Source: MoonPhase

Happy New Year! Cool. And since it's 1am and on tv tokyo hopefully none of that TV Fuji Girls Bravo fog for the many bath scenes in it...heh
Old 2004-10-19, 23:26   Link #49
JediNight
キズランダム

....and all these playback problems are why friends don't let friends download MKV/OGM files
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 04:38   Link #50
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Why don't you guys just download DeathSquad's AVI version of the OVA? That's what I did, so I didn't have to worry about mkv playback problems.

My favorite "set" of characters so far is the "Library Exploration Club", of which Ayase Yue is a part of. The other two in this club are Saotome Haruna (the Yomiko Readman look-alike) and Miyazaki Nodoka (the very obviously "Shinobu-like" character). I like the way Yue and Haruna always keep pressuring the very shy Nodoka to show her true feelings to Negi.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 13:09   Link #51
DarcLion XVI
Shadow Stream

Send a message via ICQ to DarcLion XVI Send a message via AIM to DarcLion XVI Send a message via MSN to DarcLion XVI Send a message via Yahoo to DarcLion XVI
Just for some 411 for you guys, the color difference in Asuna's eyes is called heterochromia. It's a rare genetic condition in humans caused by a disease or a syndrome, or due to an injury. It can be relatively hereditary, but it's very common to dogs, cats, and horses.
DarcLion XVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 14:47   Link #52
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcLion XVI
Just for some 411 for you guys, the color difference in Asuna's eyes is called heterochromia. It's a rare genetic condition in humans caused by a disease or a syndrome, or due to an injury. It can be relatively hereditary, but it's very common to dogs, cats, and horses.
When heterochromia is used in such a way for a pair of eyes, it usually is part of the phrase heterochromia iridis (different-color-condition of the iris). However, I think the phrase heterochromia iridum (different-color-condition of the irises) is more appropriate in such a situation because two eyes are relevant.
Old 2004-10-28, 17:59   Link #53
Danger

cant wait for the series to air, it'll give me something to look forward too in the new year. I have to agree with the dual color eye thing for asuka, it was so distracting when i first saw it. When i read through the Del Ray Mangas i totally forgot about it, (kinda easy when the insides arent colored)

All i can say is im happy that theres a series, but too bad the animation style is kinda well meh.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 18:28   Link #54
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcLion XVI
More relevant to the story at hand is the fact that multi-colored eyes connote a strong spiritual power or deeper connection to the spiritual plane, in that those who have this condition can see things that others cannot. As far as I can tell, this fairly common superstition is shared by eastern and western cultures.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 18:29   Link #55
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
From AnimeNewsNetwork
Happy New Year! Cool. And since it's 1am and on tv tokyo hopefully none of that TV Fuji Girls Bravo fog for the many bath scenes in it...heh
I think TV Tokyo is just as strict as Fuji though--for example, Mai Hime was going to have a lot more service (just look at the CMs for it) but they had to take some it out for TV Tokyo. That's also why the original Love Hina anime on TV Tokyo had no panty shots, while the OVA was straight to video so it had plenty. I like Negima, but as much as the plot seems to revolve at times around putting the girls into fanservice-packed situations, I think it'd be better suited for a satellite network where they can let the service rip. I don't watch anime just for fanservice so it's not a big deal for me, but if you're looking forward to as much service as the manga, you might be disappointed.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 00:35   Link #56
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
I think TV Tokyo is just as strict as Fuji though--for example, Mai Hime was going to have a lot more service (just look at the CMs for it) but they had to take some it out for TV Tokyo. That's also why the original Love Hina anime on TV Tokyo had no panty shots, while the OVA was straight to video so it had plenty. I like Negima, but as much as the plot seems to revolve at times around putting the girls into fanservice-packed situations, I think it'd be better suited for a satellite network where they can let the service rip. I don't watch anime just for fanservice so it's not a big deal for me, but if you're looking forward to as much service as the manga, you might be disappointed.
Personally, it's not really a problem of amount of fanservice, but the bizarre censoring like in Girls Bravo ep3 where the entire scene was blackened. If they can fit the fog/mist into the story, I don't really mind, but random blackouts are ridiculous.

Speaking of blackouts, I wonder how they're going to do that scene...
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 12:29   Link #57
seaweb

Manga?

Um, I hate to sound disconnected...but whatever happened to the traslated scans of the manga? It was being posted at Anime Waves, translated by Hoshi Manga...but it stalled a long time ago at Vol 1 Chapter 4.

I am uneasy with the idea of an OAV, but it's always possible to do a good one.

In the teaser, I didn't see Miyazaki-san, the girl who's shyly stalking Negi and takes him to the library. She HAS to be in this for it to work. It would be like leaving Shinobu-chan out of Love Hina.
seaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 13:33   Link #58
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweb
Um, I hate to sound disconnected...but whatever happened to the traslated scans of the manga? It was being posted at Anime Waves, translated by Hoshi Manga...but it stalled a long time ago at Vol 1 Chapter 4.

I am uneasy with the idea of an OAV, but it's always possible to do a good one.

In the teaser, I didn't see Miyazaki-san, the girl who's shyly stalking Negi and takes him to the library. She HAS to be in this for it to work. It would be like leaving Shinobu-chan out of Love Hina.
The English manga has been released by Del Rey manga. (Very bad translation, but what can you do?)

I suppose they hadn't decided on a seiyuu for Nodoka when the intro came out. She's my favourite character by far. (Shinobu-type plus bibliophile... hanyaaaan.)
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 13:33   Link #59
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Vol 1 Chap 4? Well considering you can BUY negima in the USA up the Girl with the Robot Arc (I don't remember names ... sorry Book 3 if that helps) I would think it became licensed.
Old 2004-10-29, 16:39   Link #60
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
The English manga has been released by Del Rey manga. (Very bad translation, but what can you do?)

I suppose they hadn't decided on a seiyuu for Nodoka when the intro came out. She's my favourite character by far. (Shinobu-type plus bibliophile... hanyaaaan.)
Actually I think all the roles and their seiyuu's were announced with the release of the preview or prior to it. I'll post the list KJ1980 posted in an older negima thread

1 Aisaka Sayo (Shiratori Yuri) – Narusegawa Mei in “Love Hina”
2 Akashi Yuuna (Kimura Madoka) – Haruna Hitoe in “My Merry May”
3 Asakura Kazumi (Sasagawa Ayana) – first debut in “Negima”
4 Ayase Yue (Kuwatani Natsuko) – Urashima Kanako in “Love Hina”
5 Izumi Ako (Yamakawa Kotomi) – Mary in “Gadguard”
6 Okouchi Akira (Yamamoto Azumi) – debut in “Negima”
7 Kakakizaki Misa (Itou Shizuka) – Hasegura Rei in “Maria-sama ga Miteru”
8 Kagurazaka Asuna (Kanda Akemi) – Amakasa Miharu in “D.C.~da capo~”
9 Kasuga Misora (Bandou Ai) – first debut in “Negmia”
10 Karakuri Chachamaru (Watanabe Akeno) – Sena Robin in “Witch Hunter Robin”
11 Kugimiya Madoka (Deguchi Mami) – first debut in “Negima”
12 Ku Fei (Tanaka Hazuki) – first debut in “Negima”
13 Konoe Konaka (Nonaka Ai) – Katase Shima in “Uchuu no Stellvia”
14 Saotome Haruna (Ishige Sawa) – Paiway Underberg in “Vandread”
15 Sakurazaki Setsuna (Kobayashi Yuu) – Aoba Dandou in “DANDOH!!”
16 Sasaki Makie (Horie Yui) – Narusegawa Naru in “Love Hina”
17 Shiina Sakurako (Oomae Akane) – Chihiro in “Azumanga Daioh”
18 Tatsumiya Mana (Sakuma Miho) – first debut in “Negima”
19 Chao Rinshen (Oosawa Chiaki) – Sakura in “Street Fighter ZERO”
20 Nagase Kaede (Shiraishi Ryouko) – Konoike Chiaki in “Tenjo Tenge”
21 Naba Chizuru (Kobayashi Misa) – Chihiro in “Hi no Tori”
22 Narutaki Fuuka (Koyama Kimiko) – Onigawara Mao in “Rikujou Boetai Mao-chan”
23 Narutaki Fumika (Kanou Mari) – first debut in “Negima”
24 Hakase Satomi (Kadowaki Mai) – Yoshida Mayu in “Kono Minikukute Utsukushii Sekai”
25 Hasegawa Chisame (Shimura Yumi) – first debut in “Negima”
26 Evangeline A.K. McDowell (Matsuoka Yuki) – Kasuga ‘Osaka’ Ayumu in “Azumanga Daioh”
27 Miyazaki Nodoka (Noto Mamiko) – Toudou Shimako in “Maria-sama ga Miteru”
28 Murakami Natsumi (Aizawa Mai) – first debut in “Negima”
29 Yukihiro Ayaka (Minagawa Junko) – Echizen Ryoma of “Prince of Tennis”
30 Yotsuba Satsuki (Inoue Naomi) – first debut in “Negima”
31 Zazie Rainyday (Inokuchi Yuka) – Kamishiro Rin in “Maburaho”

So You can see Nodoka is being voiced by Noto Mamiko who voices Shimako in Maria-Sama, and some of he other recent voice roles were Nina Fortner/Anna in Monster, Yuka in Elfen Lied, Yukinari(MALE) in Girls Bravo, and Yakumo in School Rumble.