AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-21, 09:02   Link #22121
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Perhaps it's the primitive, simian part of my brain... but I can't help but feel happy he beat the guy to death.
I can't help but feel uneasy about the fact that after a man beats another one to death, there is only one guy left to tell the story of what really happened and it's the one who did the beating.

And that people think this is a good idea doesn't help either.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:09   Link #22122
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I can't help but feel uneasy about the fact that after a man beats another one to death, there is only one guy left to tell the story of what really happened and it's the one who did the beating.

Yes, but I'm assuming the investigation that claims the girl's injuries were real and consistent with the story were not falsified. Even so, I understand you concern and that would be my outlook 99% of the time. I just get extremely angry on some primal level when I hear about people abusing little kids like that. Then again, were he somehow proven innocent, I'd feel like a jackass for it, but it seems the evidence corroborated the dad's story.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:26   Link #22123
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Yes, but I'm assuming the investigation that claims the girl's injuries were real and consistent with the story were not falsified. Even so, I understand you concern and that would be my outlook 99% of the time. I just get extremely angry on some primal level when I hear about people abusing little kids like that. Then again, were he somehow proven innocent, I'd feel like a jackass for it, but it seems the evidence corroborated the dad's story.
it is confirm the girl had sustain injuries consistent with being rape. The grand jury decline to bring charges.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:39   Link #22124
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S. Chamber of Commerce ad attacking Tim Kaine says health care law 'will kill jobs across America'
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...kaine-says-he/
Old 2012-06-21, 11:43   Link #22125
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
U.S. Chamber of Commerce ad attacking Tim Kaine says health care law 'will kill jobs across America'
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...kaine-says-he/
Why are you surprised? The Chamber opposes nearly anything that imposes additional regulations or mandates on corporations. Often they try to wrap themselves in the mantle of "protecting small businesses" when it's often the case, as with the ACA as the politifact article notes, that small businesses aren't even affected by the policies they oppose.

I ran a small business once, and I contracted for health insurance and paid half my employees' premiums. I didn't have to do that (this was before the Massachusetts plan instituted under a certain former Republican governor of my state took effect), but I thought it was immoral to throw my employees to the health-insurance wolves and make them fend for themselves.

Certainly you cannot be surprised to learn that the Republicans and their supporters feel no qualms about either taking things out of context (starts around 7:30) or even making things up out of whole cloth. Unfortunately in our post-Citizens-United era the ones who lie most often also have many more resources at their disposal to promote those lies in the public media.
Old 2012-06-21, 20:49   Link #22126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The US CoC is even anti-small business.... they are solely in the pockets of the Fortune 100 and their CEOs who don't want small business competition.

Don't think so? Look at the bills they support and oppose... do the math, the CoC does not want a level playing field for a true free market. They are exclusively working for the 0.01%.
Old 2012-06-21, 21:26   Link #22127
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Don't think so? Look at the bills they support and oppose... do the math, the CoC does not want a level playing field for a true free market. They are exclusively working for the 0.01%.
Too bad than the 0.01% aren't the one than create the most jobs.
... unless they start counting the one they ''created'' oversea.
Old 2012-06-21, 21:31   Link #22128
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Small business accounts for the vast number of "job creations" in the US... the trend in the big boys has been to slash jobs or to under-value jobs over the last 20ish years, even including the overseas outsourcing.
Old 2012-06-22, 03:03   Link #22129
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I've had to argue with rubbish from a fellow banker that said that we are all job creators just by virtue of being alive. (ie, I exist, therefore I eat/consume, an interesting take on a famous philosophical concept) He basically used it as an argument that if he has heaps of money in an account, he still creates jobs for people that need to manage all that money in his accounts.

I didn't think wealth automatically meant measurable job creation. (ie his example)

I suspect he thought I had a anti-capitalist definition of job-creation.
Old 2012-06-22, 04:22   Link #22130
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
I've had to argue with rubbish from a fellow banker that said that we are all job creators just by virtue of being alive. (ie, I exist, therefore I eat/consume, an interesting take on a famous philosophical concept) He basically used it as an argument that if he has heaps of money in an account, he still creates jobs for people that need to manage all that money in his accounts.

I didn't think wealth automatically meant measurable job creation. (ie his example)

I suspect he thought I had a anti-capitalist definition of job-creation.
That is a pretty common argument of people with lots of money, save for a few who earned everything from scratch. One should actually ask if it takes ALOT of people to manage a single sum of money from one person......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-06-22, 10:59   Link #22131
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The argument can hold if the money isn't just sitting in a bank, generating extremely minor amounts of labor, but rather being invested.
If a wealthy person injects his money into the circulation of the market, then absolutely yes, it's creating jobs.

Likewise, one could argue that "the bank is doing that for me with my money", but I would have to say, in that case it's the BANK that's circulating investments and generating jobs, not the account holder. He is merely indirectly involved, and should not take the full credit.
Old 2012-06-22, 11:50   Link #22132
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Money sitting in banks are used by the bankers in very risky investments by the same people that generated the current crisis in the first place, and now degrade the outlook of states because they support their failures with tax-payers' money. In other words a tax-payer pays more taxes to cover up his money lost by the bankers
Old 2012-06-22, 12:09   Link #22133
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Money sitting in banks are used by the bankers in very risky investments by the same people that generated the current crisis in the first place, and now degrade the outlook of states because they support their failures with tax-payers' money. In other words a tax-payer pays more taxes to cover up his money lost by the bankers
You are a German right? The rest of Europe demands that you take responsibility for your actions.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-06-22, 12:13   Link #22134
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You are a German right? The rest of Europe demands that you take responsibility for your actions.
The opposite, I am Greek, but I was living in Germany for the past 6 years
Old 2012-06-22, 12:14   Link #22135
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
You mean for their actions...

Also it's interesting that Greek is now the opposite of German.
Ho boy, ever wondered if a football game can change history? Like if whoever loses is so pissed they will just blow up the EU?
Old 2012-06-22, 12:16   Link #22136
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The opposite, I am Greek, but I was living in Germany for the past 6 years
Quote:
You mean for their actions...
Wait. He is a Greek, and a German resident. So should he be considered absolved since he by himself, can take responsibility for his own actions by apologising to himself, and refunding his money from his German bank accountinto his Greek one?

Glad Malkuth never ran for the Finance Minister position in Europe - it would have imploded in a spectacular singularity by just him making an apology.

Old 2012-06-22, 12:19   Link #22137
Malkuth
Banned

Their? austerity is not exactly a policy that PIIGS did or do want, and now most Germans realize that they Merkel/Schäuble, and their bankers made a bad situation worse by enforcing the worst possible policies, for them and their export targets.

But unfortunately we have to wait until 2013, for a real and honest solution to EU's trouble... that is if Americans do not commit suicide in between

Quote:
Wait. He is a Greek, and a German resident. So should he be considered absolved since he by himself, can take responsibility for his own actions by apologising to himself, and refunding his money from his German bank accountinto his Greek one?
Don't remind me the fact that I had to pay that Greek bailout once in Germany, and twice in Greece

Quote:
Glad Malkuth never ran for the Finance Minister position in Europe - it would have imploded in a spectacular singularity by just him making an apology.
Hehehe, if it was up to me, I would have probably flayed alive all finance students before they get the chance to destroy world economy
Old 2012-06-22, 12:22   Link #22138
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Their? austerity is not exactly a policy that PIIGS did or do want, and now most Germans realize that they Merkel/Schäuble, and their bankers made a bad situation worse by enforcing the worst possible policies, for them and their export targets.

But unfortunately we have to wait until 2013, for a real and honest solution to EU's trouble... that is if Americans do not commit suicide in between
America and China are both waiting for you Europe to implode first, while South East Asia is wringing their hands over the money tap from these three places drying out.

Old 2012-06-22, 12:25   Link #22139
Malkuth
Banned

In other words everyone is waiting for someone else to come up with a solutions instead of doing something for four years now
Old 2012-06-22, 12:30   Link #22140
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
In other words everyone is waiting for someone else to come up with a solutions instead of doing something for four years now
China wants to, but they are too busy keeping the lid on the drying ink, originally written in black on their balance sheets slowly turning red under the light of scrutiny.

America wants to, but Big Corp wants to do it their way where free market is suppressed in favour of oil-igopoly (mispelling intended). The moose in Canada say they want their home to the west back.

Europe wants to, but they are too busy with Euro 2012 - to the football stadium first! Everything else can wait.

Quote:
"I couldn't care less," Said Panagiotis Pappas, 22, a chemistry student. "We're on the brink of disaster and all they care is about is football for Christ's sake."

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international