Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 09:58   Link #6021
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
OH, use the ribbon over a small ponytail/bun, I didn't even think of that at all , Thanks again.
With a big fluffy ribbon like that, the size of the original reel would have been big. I suggest that you make the ribbon first, decorate it, seal the ends and attach it to a normal hairband or hairpin.

If it doesn't stand, use starch and iron - it is funny how serving 2 years can give you ideas for cosplay.

Anyway, anyone here work at a tech-support call-centre before? How is it like? I am thinking of taking up a part-time contract a good friend offered me because he is having problems keeping people in place; most of them are willing to hand back their pay and run instead of staying and getting screwed over the phone.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 10:48   Link #6022
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I've had a similar situation. I didn't have the luxury of being able to tell the leader to cool it, so I just went in with the new schedule.

The night owl theory isn't a pure myth, but it also seems to me that it's a bit overemphasized. It's all about habit. Get into the habit of going to bed on time (set 11 PM as an absolute limit, and aim to go before 10), getting a proper amount of sleep, and waking up early. Do that for some amount of time, and you'll no longer be a "night owl."

But old habits die hard. I haven't been on the "night owl" schedule for many years, but if I'm not watching the clock, I can easily be up until sunrise. Do that even once and it can screw up your entire schedule for the next few days, as you'll be playing catch-up with your sleep/wake cycles and you'll be forcing yourself to stay awake and go to sleep at times that won't feel natural anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'm still an undergrad so I haven't had the freedom of flexing my schedule like you are with postgrad research but I am same with Ledgem. It's a habit that just has to be overcome, despite being a habit to easily fall into for students/young people. In the end, waking up in the morning for work of any sort will become the schedule. Because my undergrad is a co-op, I have to wake up at 6:00 am every day when it's a work term. But as soon as it hits the weekends, it's sleep at 3 am and wake up at 12 noon.

Makes me cringe whenever I get reminded how unhealthy it is to change sleep/meal schedules.

I have to say that your team leader is being really uptight it is. I think he/she is clearly aware of what kind of sleep schedule students and just pushing a morning time anyways. When I negotiate lab meets with my group, we always go with 10 am to whenever dinner/supper is.
A bit relieved knowing that the habit could be fixed. I used to always come to school on time back in high school so it's not entirely impossible for me

But... i don't know. I still in doubt whenever thinking about how comparing to other time of the day, 8 pm - 4am is still the longest duration that your mind can concentrate in something without being distracted....

And sometime when you watched those anime, or playing those games when you feel begging the God (of gaming,and Haruhi) to see just one more episode/ play one more campaign. I guess all night entertainment have to be reserved to weekend from now on D:
Old 2012-07-12, 19:25   Link #6023
Tammuz

Spoiler for ヾ(≧ω≦*):

Would the staff frown on that being used in an avatar or signature?
Tammuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 21:12   Link #6024
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Edit out the text on the shirt (or replace it with something like "Free!!!") would be my suggestion but I'm not a mod, just a staff monkey

Profanity is generally discouraged in posting (though we're all guilty of it sometimes). However, as far as I can see, the rules only really cover visuals (no nipples, etc).

If you want a faster mod response - report your own post above (use the "report" (!) button under your name on it) and just ask them if the image is okay for an avatar.

P.S. Oh, and if no one else said it, welcome to the forums. Be sure and read the forum rules - they do differ a bit from many forums.
Old 2012-07-12, 21:37   Link #6025
Tammuz

But the text on the shirt is what makes it such good avatar material ( ̄ω ̄b)

Just reported it- and thank you for the welcome.
Tammuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 23:41   Link #6026
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammuz View Post
Spoiler for ヾ(≧ω≦*):

Would the staff frown on that being used in an avatar or signature?
I'd say that it's too suggestive and potentially offensive to be PG-13 (per our Forum Rules). So, no on that... but at least it was good to ask beforehand.
Old 2012-07-16, 05:35   Link #6027
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

This might be a bit of an odd question...
Who would be considered the "Nolan North" of the anime voice acting industry?
Old 2012-07-16, 05:48   Link #6028
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
This might be a bit of an odd question...
Who would be considered the "Nolan North" of the anime voice acting industry?
Probably some anime voice actor I never heard of.
The similarities are there.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 08:04   Link #6029
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Probably some anime voice actor I never heard of.
The similarities are there.
Google has become the Borg Mind (waits for neural implant):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_North

But to answer the question.... a couple of years ago, I might have had an answer but right at the moment not sure anyone stands out. I'm actually not very fond of the idea of a "go to one guy" for everything when there is a pool of good actors.

For example, I'm delighted that James Hong is getting steady work (you see him in cameo roles *everywhere* on television and in movies both live and animated) but there's a small pile of asian actors not getting calls who could also use some work.
Old 2012-07-16, 23:17   Link #6030
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Is it common for nurse to give some sweet thing (in my country: sweet iced tea) after blood donation? What about another country?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 06:04   Link #6031
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Is it common for nurse to give some sweet thing (in my country: sweet iced tea) after blood donation? What about another country?
Not that I know of. Maybe you just have a kind-hearted nurse.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:25   Link #6032
Ridwan

Quote:
Sugar is good to replenish some strength presumably lost with your blood. In Japan you get free juice.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:41   Link #6033
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I think it's just generosity/old-habits. The kind of energy from glucose supplement is really unnecessary. Unless you have some hypoglycemia-like problem and have to constantly stuff yourself with sweets? But that's irrelevant to the blood loss as you have to keep your levels above minimum at all times anyways.

I don't get any consumables after blood donation. They do tell me to eat, but that's food in general and not sweets.

Glucose tolerance test for diagnosing diabetics involve ridiculously over-concentrated sugary juice between blood test. That's all I can think of, involving sweets.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:07   Link #6034
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I would actually prefer a 150cm tall trainee nurse with a ponytail. No need for sweets.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 19:33   Link #6035
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
More serious but maybe still silly question.

How do you rent an apartment if you have an eviction? I've got nothing here. I've tried basically everything I can think of short of offering to pay the entire lease up front (which I can't afford to do even if I wanted to).

I was evicted from an apartment in 2009 after the big housing market crash and I was laid off. So far I've run into roadblock after roadblock trying to rent a place. I'm going to end up homeless (again) unless I figure out how to get around this obstacle. Every search online suggests things I've already tried and have already failed.
Old 2012-07-17, 19:40   Link #6036
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
We do? Hmmm... I don't know... But do we encourage them to eat a lot afterwards and some fluids... but give something? Probably it depends on the institution you are in.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 05:38   Link #6037
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I would actually prefer a 150cm tall trainee nurse with a ponytail. No need for sweets.
You wish...
Ok, ok, thanks for all the answer...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 05:54   Link #6038
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

How do you rent an apartment if you have an eviction? I've got nothing here. I've tried basically everything I can think of short of offering to pay the entire lease up front (which I can't afford to do even if I wanted to).

I was evicted from an apartment in 2009 after the big housing market crash and I was laid off. So far I've run into roadblock after roadblock trying to rent a place. I'm going to end up homeless (again) unless I figure out how to get around this obstacle. Every search online suggests things I've already tried and have already failed.
That sounds like a tough situation - I hope that things work out for you.

The only things I can think of:
1) Have roommates. Either don't be on the lease, or have enough roommates that the landlord will ignore your history.

2) Move to an area where landlords have probably accepted people with prior evictions.

Both options are somewhat risky, as you're looking at having to trust others or you're probably looking at bad neighborhoods.

Why would an eviction from three years ago work against you today, though? I know many apartments ask for your prior history and may ask to contact an old landlord, but are you legally obligated to answer truthfully about your eviction history? Are you legally obligated to list the landlord who evicted you?
Old 2012-07-18, 06:39   Link #6039
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:

Oh man, really don't move into a bad (violent or hard druggy-infested) neighbourhood for the sake of shelter.

Like Ledgem said, get a house/apartment with so many renters that the landlord no longer cares and that you get a very low rental fee. If your current situation cannot support even a lowered rent, then the only other option is those hostels for the extremely low economy. I also don't understand this eviction thing. Why do you need to tell them? Just say you were living with family or ex or something. I've never had to provide any of that when I signed my leases =/

In my worst days, I had 3 months of unpaid rent. The landlord was a really really understanding 20-ish student and he was renting his house to 6 other people. Which isn't even legal. But that really helped with me not getting evicted for not paying rent. So you kind of want to look for someone like that. A landlord who is really half-assed with things and doesn't follow the rules either. I have no strategy in finding those people. It's been good & bad luck for me =/
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:38   Link #6040
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

I'm going to repeat what Ledgem said, for the moment you may have to be an unnamed tenant in the goodwill of a room mate named as the tenant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
Why would an eviction from three years ago work against you today, though? I know many apartments ask for your prior history and may ask to contact an old landlord, but are you legally obligated to answer truthfully about your eviction history? Are you legally obligated to list the landlord who evicted you?
But California has some of the strongest tenant laws on the books... isn't there a process to work around a bad history and recover? There are probably a ton of people in the same situation. Even foreclosures and bankruptcies fall off after a while. Almost everyone took massive financial hits in 2008-2009 so I'm really not amused by these "purity tests" I'm seeing in purchasing, housing, and employment.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious