AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 20:51   Link #3821
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Another thing to add, there are people who just hate Fllay because she's Fllay. No other reason. Or it may be because of the fact she "had" Kira first in a way the Lacus fans are still pretty much sore about up to this day.
This must be it.
Old 2012-07-14, 23:39   Link #3822
Destined_Fate

Well, Japan seems to really love that purity stuff. The male and female lead must remain virgins before they get together, or all hell breaks loose. Remember when they flipped out when they assumed that one loli wasn't a virgin because she had a previous boyfriend?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 00:07   Link #3823
monster

Kira's not a virgin, though. (Something which still can't be said about Athrun with any certainty.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 00:35   Link #3824
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Kira's not a virgin, though. (Something which still can't be said about Athrun with any certainty.)
As an Athrun Zala fan... that's what pisses me off.

Why didn't he take advantage of Meer Campbell in episode 21 of DESTINY.

She came to his hotel room, literally half-naked (a robe with nothing underneath) and slipped into his bed... and Athrun didn't do a DAMN THING.

I know, it's not in his character... god, if it were me and Meer was real... I would've "ravaged" her.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 00:42   Link #3825
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post

She came to his hotel room, literally half-naked (a robe with nothing underneath) and slipped into his bed... and Athrun didn't do a DAMN THING.

I know, it's not in his character... god, if it were me and Meer was real... I would've "ravaged" her.
*Just remembered Kira putting back his pants after Flay when the enemy attacked...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 01:04   Link #3826
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post
As an Athrun Zala fan... that's what pisses me off.

Because Athrun is a good guy who has issues making decisions? SEED he seemed to be getting better but he regressed in Destiny. That and I'm pretty sure he felt that he had to stay loyal to Cagalli even when they're having issues. They did say that after Destiny that Athrun and Cagalli would mend fences and get back together... Off Screen.

Besides, Meer looked like Lacus and Kira is his bro. It would have just been awkward, especially since Athrun never loved Lacus and their "marriage" was purely political.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:14   Link #3827
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We don't know if he never loved Lacus, last I checked. And their engagement had a bit to do with genetics as well, given the state of reproductive emergency the PLANTs were under.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:20   Link #3828
Destined_Fate

If Athrun loved Lacus than the show failed hard at that since he isn't shown to care for her in that manner and isn't mad in the sighest when she falls for Kira. Don't blame him either, SEED Cagalli was way hotter than SEED Lacus.
Old 2012-07-15, 03:59   Link #3829
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
If Athrun loved Lacus than the show failed hard at that since he isn't shown to care for her in that manner and isn't mad in the sighest when she falls for Kira. Don't blame him either, SEED Cagalli was way hotter than SEED Lacus.
A hot tomboy and a rebel....!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 04:18   Link #3830
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And what if the shuttle had been full of wounded soldiers being evacuated from a space battle? If that were the case and Yzak pulled the trigger, it'd still be a war crime.
Running soldiers from flag ship > commander ship > high rate for general to be in it...
In other word kill him fast!
(Unless you want to let him to run away like Djibril?)

Edit:
Don't to mention it's war between Natural and Coordinator where Natural leaders want to kill all of Coordinators >> in the end both side start killing even surrender soldiers.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 07:13   Link #3831
rakusukira

Quote:
yeah, the Athrun-Lacus buildup was so subtle until the very end when Athrun was actually really very sad when he said that Lacus is now his ex-fiance..

he showed high concern for her when he knew she was on board the archangel as a hostage, the lack of interaction between the two was all on Athrun's belief that Lacus couldn't really understand anything about war as the line "how am I supposed to put a smile on my face with a war going on?" but in actuality, she does understand but Lacus failed to reach out to him. Instead, she was able to get close to Kira and, by helping him, she finally got through Athrun and show him that she does understand . but too bad she fell in love with kira in the process.. this is how I have understood the Athrun-Lacus-Kira thing in Seed.

and you can't deny the fact that only Lacus can really convince Athrun.
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 07:56   Link #3832
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

In my opinion, I think Lacus was never intended to be portrayed as someone who persuaded people to agree with her ideals, in the case of Athrun it was more of her supposedly being kind of like a guide to help him decide on what he wants to do and not be JUST another soldier.

With Lacus and Kira, during the time in plants, I don't really see her having to convince with to do anything, in fact all she did was comfort him for his past actions which Kira clearly has issues with. It was his own decision to get back in the war.
Old 2012-07-15, 08:24   Link #3833
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
In my opinion, I think Lacus was never intended to be portrayed as someone who persuaded people to agree with her ideals, in the case of Athrun it was more of her supposedly being kind of like a guide to help him decide on what he wants to do and not be JUST another soldier.

With Lacus and Kira, during the time in plants, I don't really see her having to convince with to do anything, in fact all she did was comfort him for his past actions which Kira clearly has issues with. It was his own decision to get back in the war.
yeah it just so happens that she'd just plain right about the things she says..
Old 2012-07-15, 10:36   Link #3834
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
A hot tomboy and a rebel....!!!
Which makes her Destiny treatment all the more painful.

At least Lunamaria was a likeable tomboy, though the series didn't really put much effort in her relationship with Shinn. Since the first OP everyone knew she was supposed to be his LI but in the series they didn't really touch on it and it just "happened" when both were mourning. Than they got better and stayed together when the series ends. Thankfully there are things like SRW that dropped the pointless Athrun crush and managed to change "Suddenly we're in love even though we didn't really interact with each other" to "We're in love and it didn't come out of nowhere even if Stella lives, yay!".

Sure the series showed Shinn and Lunamaria eating alone together and the whole "Why not go with Shinn than?" which she clearly had issues with. Or that they were best friends and had been together for a while(Though his reaction when she was injured was pretty bad). Still, even with all that ammo they still didn't bother with that relationship despite how easy it would have been to work it in. It was like they were going "oh ****, we forgot to develop the Shinn x Lunamaria ship we planned since the beginning! Let's just have them kiss anyway and everything will be okay! The average viewer are suckers for that kissing business! Though we must never show Kira kissing Lacus or Athrun getting laid!".
Old 2012-07-15, 10:55   Link #3835
Gundamx

Quote:
Which makes her Destiny treatment all the more painful.

At least Lunamaria was a likeable tomboy, though the series didn't really put much effort in her relationship with Shinn. Since the first OP everyone knew she was supposed to be his LI but in the series they didn't really touch on it and it just "happened" when both were mourning. Than they got better and stayed together when the series ends. Thankfully there are things like SRW that dropped the pointless Athrun crush and managed to change "Suddenly we're in love even though we didn't really interact with each other" to "We're in love and it didn't come out of nowhere even if Stella lives, yay!".

Sure the series showed Shinn and Lunamaria eating alone together and the whole "Why not go with Shinn than?" which she clearly had issues with. Or that they were best friends and had been together for a while(Though his reaction when she was injured was pretty bad). Still, even with all that ammo they still didn't bother with that relationship despite how easy it would have been to work it in. It was like they were going "oh ****, we forgot to develop the Shinn x Lunamaria ship we planned since the beginning! Let's just have them kiss anyway and everything will be okay! The average viewer are suckers for that kissing business! Though we must never show Kira kissing Lacus or Athrun getting laid!".
Didn't they show that both Athrun and Cagalli sleep in same room with 1 bed?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 23:53   Link #3836
Destined_Fate

Athrun is too much of a gentleman, though it's implied they had relations between SEED and SEED Destiny since he proposes to her and he had been hanging out with her since than. Though she's supposed to marry Yuna so there's that... Which means she may have stayed a virgin after all because she knows the hell it would cause if Yuna revealed to Orb that Cagalli wasn't faithful to her "husband" even if the marriage was arranged and she doesn't love him.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:27   Link #3837
rakusukira

seriously, Kira and Lacus need to kiss on screen.. i mean... what is up with that?!
Old 2012-07-16, 08:29   Link #3838
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
seriously, Kira and Lacus need to kiss on screen.. i mean... what is up with that?!
That would never happen. Lacus is too holy for that
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 10:01   Link #3839
Destined_Fate

She wasn't his first so she must be punishing Kira for banging Fllay... Multiple times. So serpate beds and sleeping with war orphans so they can never do anything!
Old 2012-07-16, 14:34   Link #3840
Washu-Chan