Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-14, 16:26   Link #161
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
^But what is the big prize? One piece may not even be treasure. For all we know one piece could be a note from Roger saying well done for finding one piece. Go something along the lines like "All the friendships you made, Battles you fought, Tears shed, Adventures you've had leading up to finding this treasure that I inspired you to go after my death is what one piece is. That inspiration of setting out to sea not knowing who you would meet, friendships that have yet been made, battles that have yet been fought, Traveling to new lands is what one piece truly is about. I hope you enjoyed your adventure in getting here and go forth and make your own adventure now under your jolly roger that you made to get here. Love Gold D Roger....P.S I left some treasure over there behide that big rock. Have fun and once again congratulations in getting here and find one piece. P.S.S Make sure no one gets their hands on them ancient weapons and also my ship.
Oda has already confirmed that one piece is something real.
Old 2013-03-14, 16:51   Link #162
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ You think so? I would love to see such a clash, but I feel Blackbeard's next appearance will be him and his crew chilling somewhere in the New World commenting on the events that have transpired recently and declaring what their next course of action will be.
Fair enough. His next significant fight will be against a (new) Admiral. .

Truthfully, Blackbeard only appears when he is about to do something crazy and world shaking. So I imagine the next encounter will be very large and very important.
Old 2013-03-14, 17:23   Link #163
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Interesting. It's likely that one of the new admirals has their sights on Blackbeard and his crew (keeping an eye on them, if you will). A scenario that leads into a fight could be the Blackbeard pirates going about their own business in the New World whereby they're intercepted and attacked by an admiral accompanied by numerous vice admirals. Basically, I think it comes down to one party waiting for another party to make a move/mistake and take advantage of the situation.

-----

I have a question here for everyone. If you had the choice of being a shichibukai, admiral, or yonkou, which would you pick and why?
Old 2013-03-14, 19:49   Link #164
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Fair enough. His next significant fight will be against a (new) Admiral. .

Truthfully, Blackbeard only appears when he is about to do something crazy and world shaking. So I imagine the next encounter will be very large and very important.
The sheep that strayed from the herd
I doubt it will be a new Admiral. I can see Aokiji getting killed but not a Admiral. The Admirals are part of the WG oraganization. If Black Beard killed one of them he would be facing down the WG has well has Fleet Admiral Akainu. Why kill one Admiral knowing there will be more coming after you? Black Beard would do more harm to himself in the long run. Now if Black Beard kills Aokiji that would be a different story. Akoiji is no longer part of the Marines, Fleet Admiral Akainu would not have any obligation to do anything about it.
Old 2013-03-14, 20:25   Link #165
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Blackbeard would earn the WG's and marines' wrath for killing an admiral, but they would be stupid to send more admirals after him in retaliation because then who would be left to protect Mariejoia and Marine Headquarters? The other emperors or even the revolutionaries could use that opportunity to destroy their opposition (WG and marines) and there wouldn't be a thing they could do about it. Or the emperors may even decide to ambush the admirals in the New World as they come for Blackbeard and it's game over. You never recklessly charge into enemy territory because you don't know what could happen. It's a game of chess, essentially. You have to be patient and wait for the other side to make a move/mistake. That's when you capitalize on the opportunity.
Old 2013-03-14, 20:41   Link #166
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
There are 4 Yonkous, WG, and the Supernovas. In a room were everyone is pointing a weapon at each other why would you want the most pointed at you? Second Fleet Admiral Akainu may be extreme but he is not stupid. I would probably wait until Black Beard gets into a fight for his life with another power house then screw him over like Black Beard did to them at Marine Ford. Third Black Beard has been pretty consistent with how he picks fights with power houses. He waits until thing are in his favor. He does not play fair or play on equal terms. I do not see why he would make a direct confrontation with the Marines, WG, also knowing Supernovas and other Yonkous are possibly gunning for him? Black Beard has more then just WG to worry about. The WG is in the same shoes has Black Beard, why risk a fight knowing other wolves(groups) are waiting for the left overs(winner and loser) after a big fight. To me the Supernovas are going to be the catalyst for starting a huge war. All the big parties(Yonkous and WG) are waiting to see who goes down first, that to me is when the real fun starts.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-03-14 at 21:08.
Old 2013-03-14, 22:28   Link #167
Best_name_ever

I couldn't agree more with Blackbeard D. Kuma and grey 1960.

Regarding Luffy's upcoming fight with Doffy, I think i said before that Luffy learns best by experience because of carefree and naive attitude. He jumps into the fire without even caution in anything about his/her opponent and his/her abilities. He will probably lose or draw or someone will interfere in the first fight between Luffy vs. Joker b4 kicking some as*.
Old 2013-03-14, 22:47   Link #168
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^

The sheep that strayed from the herd
I doubt it will be a new Admiral. I can see Aokiji getting killed but not a Admiral. The Admirals are part of the WG oraganization. If Black Beard killed one of them he would be facing down the WG has well has Fleet Admiral Akainu. Why kill one Admiral knowing there will be more coming after you? Black Beard would do more harm to himself in the long run. Now if Black Beard kills Aokiji that would be a different story. Akoiji is no longer part of the Marines, Fleet Admiral Akainu would not have any obligation to do anything about it.
I don't mind Blackbeard taking down Aokiji. I only remarked on the unknown Admirals since we have less connection to them so we don't need to know how strong or weak they are supposed to be.

Why not Garp or Sengoku then or maybe even Rayleigh? In fact, I would love if Blackbeard started going after people that knew Roger in hopes of getting info on One Piece. That way we can take down Garp, Sengoku, Rayleigh, Buggy and Shanks. Bada-Bing Bada-Boom a nice smorgasbord of insane and fun fights.
Old 2013-03-14, 23:45   Link #169
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
Between you and BDK, those are some tall orders.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:19   Link #170
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Right now? No I do not want to see luffy defeating any Yonkou or Admirals. But he will have to be able to eventually. He can't be the pirate king unless he can stand at the top with the other monsters.
I agree, now, no, but toward the end, hell yeah.

But before that, the Kaidou fight only needs to be like Croc, Enel or Moria fight where some luck and conditions were involved. He just need to show that he is at least capable under certain condition.
Old 2013-03-15, 10:19   Link #171
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why should any pirate go after Blackbeard, if he takes out an admiral?
If he really went head on against the marines, and even wins, he would probably be a hero in the pirate world.
If he managed to take out more than one admiral, maybe even all of them, they would probably made him pirate king right away.
Nature of the field
Why don't all the Yonkous and pirates join forces and knock the WG down and annihilate the marines? Same reason Pirate are always at each others throat, distrust, interest, and the nature of the profession. Being a pirate is not an honest living, you have to steal and pillage other peoples hard earned gains. Second if Black Beard is powerful enough to take down WG by himself, then who next?
Old 2013-03-15, 13:41   Link #172
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm just wondering why people wouldn't want to see Luffy fight Shanks? I mean wouldn't it be amazing? Not everyone who fights needs to be hating eachother.

Remember that Luffy and Ace were planning on fighting eachother on the pirate's summit?
Old 2013-03-15, 14:03   Link #173
marvelB

As far as Blackbeard vs. an admiral goes..... well, I GUESS that could happen. It would be true that taking out one of those guys (or Aokiji) would be a cool way for him to prove how powerful he became since becoming an emperor. But if there's any one of those guys I'd personally like to see him take on, it would be Kizaru because.... well, light vs. darkness, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm just wondering why people wouldn't want to see Luffy fight Shanks? I mean wouldn't it be amazing? Not everyone who fights needs to be hating eachother.

Remember that Luffy and Ace were planning on fighting eachother on the pirate's summit?

Once again, I can only offer my view here, but I just feel that due to how much the series has grown in complexity, I find it less and less likely that Luffy will fight against his mentor figure. For instance, before the whole Marineford conflict came along, there were several people who speculated how epic Luffy's fights with Ace and/or Whitebeard would be. However..... circumstances prevented those matchups from happening. That's why I feel that Shanks will never have a real match with Luffy..... perhaps they will reunite, sure. But I figure that it would be in a situation similar to Ace's last stand.....

BTW, this is also the reason why I don't see Zoro having a serious final match against Mihawk anymore. Seeing as they spent two years training together, I think it's safe to say that they developed a relationship that goes a fair bit beyond a mere rivalry. My prediction is that a different enemy swordsman will slay Mihawk and take his place as the world's strongest swordsman, and Zoro will have to beat THAT person in order to finally surpass his rival and master.....
Old 2013-03-16, 08:42   Link #174
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

That pirate summit thing was a mistranslation, Ace just meant the stage where all great pirates gather aka the new world.

I would like to see a Luffy vs Shanks fight, but I think Luffy should first have some sort of sense of the current world affairs and the drive to change it. Having him a bit more mature as a person, like when he burned the WG flag and punched the tenryuubito, wanting to change the current system.
I know he's a simple person with a straightforward goal but having him act outside his goal would add to his character, for me at least.

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-03-16 at 13:07. Reason: small revision
Old 2013-03-17, 16:51   Link #175
marvelB

Y'know, I've went and read over that admiral debate from a few pages back, and it got me thinking: I think we SHOULD see more marine tacticians in action. I mean heck, we've got Law playing his own chess game here with Doflamingo, and who knows what Kid's alliance are planning. If we have all these powerful pirates hatching up schemes in the shadows, then why not have the marines play fire with fire? Like I dunno, maybe depending on how much authority Akainu was granted during the skip, perhaps he can send some moles (most likely from CP9) to infiltrate and monitor the biggest pirate threats from within..... not unlike what Dofla was doing with Vergo, in other words. I guess I just think it would be kinda cool if the marines had more opportunities to take the initiative against their enemies instead of crapping their pants over every report they receive of X pirate (usually Luffy) causing mayhem.....
Old 2013-03-17, 18:24   Link #176
shalala

^What if Luffy's next shipmate was a mole working for the merines and was a evil one to boot who in the end doesn't joins his crew?
Old 2013-03-18, 04:49   Link #177
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, I've went and read over that admiral debate from a few pages back, and it got me thinking: I think we SHOULD see more marine tacticians in action. I mean heck, we've got Law playing his own chess game here with Doflamingo, and who knows what Kid's alliance are planning. If we have all these powerful pirates hatching up schemes in the shadows, then why not have the marines play fire with fire? Like I dunno, maybe depending on how much authority Akainu was granted during the skip, perhaps he can send some moles (most likely from CP9) to infiltrate and monitor the biggest pirate threats from within..... not unlike what Dofla was doing with Vergo, in other words. I guess I just think it would be kinda cool if the marines had more opportunities to take the initiative against their enemies instead of crapping their pants over every report they receive of X pirate (usually Luffy) causing mayhem.....
We've already seen Akainu is a master of manipulation in many ways in the series so far.
Old 2013-03-18, 05:46   Link #178
Undertaker

Speaking of mole, here is a name that I'm interested in Jewelry Bonney.

I mean she got left behind by BB and then captured by Akainu, and now it seems that she is free, so either she were able to escape AGAIN from WG/Marine.

Or she had some sort of a deal with Akainu...
Old 2013-03-18, 16:54   Link #179
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
We've already seen Akainu is a master of manipulation in many ways in the series so far.

Yeah, but those times were mainly during battle (and I'm pretty sure it was Sengoku who set up some of those tactics). I'm talking about the marines taking action before they're forced into another big war. Like remember how CP9 spent a few years working undercover in W7 so they can gather some intel on Pluton? I'm talking about the marines doing stuff like that. Like maybe they can try to stamp out potential threats before they DO become a threat, y'know?
Old 2013-03-18, 17:13   Link #180
marvelB

^As I said in a previous post, if it's true that Akainu was granted extra authority, then that would mean he'd probably have some degree of command over the CP agents, as well. So he could send out a few to spy on the pirates while the marines use the gathered info to plan counter-measures against them.
Closed Thread