AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-05-22, 18:35   Link #1
Kwt
Banned

One Piece - Character Discussion - Robin

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Robin related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Robin fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Nico Robin discussion thread

i get that she can Read some kind of Language but i did not get why she is so Hazardous for the Government i really want to know what she hidding

Last edited by xris; 2008-10-26 at 14:28.
Kwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 20:36   Link #2
Nuzzles

How much have you seen?
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 21:21   Link #3
Kwt
Banned

you can say tell 310 but there few thing i did not understand thou i know that she understand some old
Language to open wapoen but what is this wapoen who bring to earth and what it do
Kwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 19:52   Link #4
animeffs13240
V for Victory

This is just theory for me but I think the idea is pretty sound. Because of Nico Robin's knowledge of the ancient language she knows more than the world gov't wants people to know. She can come and speak the truth which scare the world gov't (obviously since she is a criminal not a lot of people would listen to her so I honestly don't know why the gov't is scared of this fact)
Spoiler for robin's past episode:

Well... the ancients had plans for these weapons that could cause mass destruction to protect themselves. Think nuclear warefare that can wipe out countries. That's why the government and people such as Crocodile want Robin. Because of Robin's survival of Ohara, she is the only one that can read and tell how to make the weapons. This is just a theory, nothing too complicated but a sound arguement.
Old 2007-05-28, 08:51   Link #5
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwt View Post
i get that she can Read some kind of Language but i did not get why she is so Hazardous for the Government i really want to know what she hidding
She is attempting to discover the truth behind the Void century, as were the scholars of Ohara before her. The fact that she is actively pursing this knowledge is a big threat to the World government, who made it a crime to do so.

The story about her trying to revive the ancient weapons is just a cover story.....i do believe.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 22:11   Link #6
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
She is attempting to discover the truth behind the Void century, as were the scholars of Ohara before her. The fact that she is actively pursing this knowledge is a big threat to the World government, who made it a crime to do so.

The story about her trying to revive the ancient weapons is just a cover story.....i do believe.
Yeah it is.

Like Mihawk said she's trying to find out what happened in the forgotten century that no one knows about. It has to do something with the World Government most likely, seeing as how they don't want her to pursue it and it's illegal to do so. She is the last of the Ohara and she has the skills to discover what happned during that time.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 01:05   Link #7
comixA

i take it that her strong sense of liking for old history/ ancient cities makes her probably the best archeologist in the world. Curiousity can kill sometimes +_+;.
comixA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 04:16   Link #8
RRavage
CP9 Apprentice

Spoiler for Ancient Weapon:
RRavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 08:24   Link #9
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Tom and than Iceburg and Franky were hiding pluepirnts to ancient weapon. Crocolide wanted ancient weapon. There was something about ancient weapon on golden bell on Sky Island. I belive they all are diffrent weapons, but invented by the same people.
Polygraphs are those cube stones with strange wirting, and Robin is the only one left that can read them (apperantly Gol D. Roger or someone from his crew could read and write in this language too). Robin isn't searching for weapon, but it's all she found till now. Her dream is to find Ryo-polygraph that contain something diffrent than ancient weapon - most likly key to void centry, in which inventors of ancient weapon were wiped out but ancestors of World Goverment.
World Goverment wants to control world, and even if it was to make a world a better palce, this kind of justice have dark side too. We all probably will know more about it when Dragon the rebelian shows up again
Old 2007-06-21, 14:05   Link #10
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRavage View Post
Spoiler for Ancient Weapon:
Yes Pluton is the ancient weapon. If i remember correctly, there are 2 types of poneglyphs. 1 that reveals the location of others and those that contain information regarding the true history of the world.

And no, no army possess the ancient weapons, if they did, they could topple the World Government with ease.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 02:02   Link #11
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
i think robin is very important key if luffy want to become the pirate king ...
Roger was the only man that reached Raftel so i was wandering what roger had that no one else had so that he could reach Raftel ... the answer was simple the ability to read and write using the ancient language that is written on the poneglyphs ...

most likely the key to Raftel lies within the poneglyphs or in some runes in the island before Raftel...
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 09:30   Link #12
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Okay, it doesn't say this is a manga only discussion so I'm gonna have to wrap this one up with spoiler tags.
Observe at your own risk...

Spoiler for Manga Characters:
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 15:13   Link #13
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Okay, it doesn't say this is a manga only discussion so I'm gonna have to wrap this one up with spoiler tags.
Observe at your own risk...

Spoiler for Manga Characters:
The fact thaqt you keep eferring to me as a "friend" is a bit odd....
Other than that, I wanted to mention my theory.
Also, while we're on the topic of Robin(Which I doubt we'll ever get off of), What exactly is her official position on the crew?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 15:40   Link #14
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
The fact thaqt you keep eferring to me as a "friend" is a bit odd....
Other than that, I wanted to mention my theory.
Also, while we're on the topic of Robin(Which I doubt we'll ever get off of), What exactly is her official position on the crew?
Archeologist

Support fighter
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 15:59   Link #15
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Archeologist

Support fighter
Archaeologist? So she's the Indianna Jones of the crew?
That would explain the hat, wouldn't it?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 17:59   Link #16
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Archaeologist? So she's the Indianna Jones of the crew?
That would explain the hat, wouldn't it?
Robin is basically the group's intel, she's shown to know quite the broad spectrum of things (Law's identity and status, she has some skill in salvaging, and most of all she can read Ponyglyphs).
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 21:51   Link #17
Rainbowman

I wonder, how smart is Robin compared to Nami?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 03:11   Link #18
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

they are different kind of smarts.

mainly nami is the navigator but, she is smart in that she does have a hard life experience because of arlong. she had to grow up quickly.

Robin is a schlor(cant spell), she knows a lot of history and she also had to grow up because of the events at ohera.

both had mothers for a short time or in robin's casde even shorter. it is kind of hard to say who is smarter because there fields are different. though life experiences are similer, tey both had to find ways of surviving. that can add up to a lot of knowledge.
Old 2008-11-26, 05:54   Link #19
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Robin is like a true encyclopedia while Nami is like a wiki.

Robin has extensive knowledge of facts in the world and is more tactical in strategy.

Nami is street smart and gets ideas actively, she is more calculative and cunning.

But both of them can think in the above ways, just that they work their thinking by their styles.

For pure knowledge, Robin wins by her extensive reading and experience.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 13:17   Link #20
areku07
Widdle Baby

Send a message via MSN to areku07 Send a message via Yahoo to areku07
i find her character very mysterious lol but ya she's all good
areku07 is offline   Reply With Quote