AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-18, 21:54   Link #21
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
Reason she like to do things on her own cause she wants to use her own power to protect everyone.. thats why she has trouble with Layfon cause it hard to watch someone doing what you want to do and you cant do anything about it.
The real trouble I think is because she wants to do what Layfon can do but she lacks the power to, and when she found out about Layfon's real powers she went angry with Layfon for having powers to do what she wants to do yet is reluctant to use it.
Old 2009-02-18, 22:02   Link #22
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
The real trouble I think is because she wants to do what Layfon can do but she lacks the power to, and when she found out about Layfon's real powers she went angry with Layfon for having powers to do what she wants to do yet is reluctant to use it.
I don't think she's angry at Layfon. I'd say she more angry with her own weakness which is more fitting with her character. When in Ep6 the other captain told her that she was relying too much on Layfon she knew he was right. Layfon also doesn't seem reluctant anymore to use his powers anymore if we take what he says at the end of Ep5 and in Ep6 he didn't seem to be holding back in training.
Old 2009-02-19, 06:34   Link #23
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I don't think she's angry at Layfon. I'd say she more angry with her own weakness which is more fitting with her character. When in Ep6 the other captain told her that she was relying too much on Layfon she knew he was right. Layfon also doesn't seem reluctant anymore to use his powers anymore if we take what he says at the end of Ep5 and in Ep6 he didn't seem to be holding back in training.
I quote all that you said, except the last thing, i thinks that layfon, surely doesn't seem reluctant anymore, but in the training room isn't so serious, if you think that he used to kill bugs always, i don't think that on a training against those things he used all his strenght (when he fight them reminds me of one that sweeps dust with a broom xDD)
Old 2009-02-19, 06:53   Link #24
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
I quote all that you said, except the last thing, i thinks that layfon, surely doesn't seem reluctant anymore, but in the training room isn't so serious, if you think that he used to kill bugs always, i don't think that on a training against those things he used all his strenght (when he fight them reminds me of one that sweeps dust with a broom xDD)
Well he does score almost 25 times more than her and on a higher difficulty level, 10 compared to 8. So at least we can say that he's putting forth an honest effort... Damn I'd feel like utter crap too if I was in her situation now that I think about it.
Old 2009-02-19, 07:14   Link #25
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Surely she hate herself now, he has demolished her pride lol
However i like a chara as her, for now she thinks to the others only as comrade that help her to follow his ideals, so i want see as she develop her way of thinking, friends and for someone maybe something more
Old 2009-02-19, 09:32   Link #26
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

I wouldn't say she hates herself. She's just down in the dumps since she has dedicated her life (probably) to military arts after she ran away from what you COULD call a "set for life" scenario with her rich family and all, and she can't get up there with Layfon (Who has been hesitant for a while now, and even though he has all that power wants to be the opposite of what she is striving for, which in turn has her ...) even though she's trying her hardest.

Then again we don't know what she was going through living "luxuriously" so that's just an assumption at best. Maybe we'll get more on that later. Some of her motivation is due to her attachment to the Zuellini fairy or fairies in general which we know a little more about at this time.

The defense of the city and the recent platoon match were a great wake up call for her, which in turn made her up her training up a notch to the point where it could be life threatening.

She wants to be up there so bad, but she's impatient. Granted, the filth monsters aren't going to wait around until she reaches new heights to attack so I guess the sense of urgency is understandable.
Old 2009-02-19, 12:11   Link #27
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

If you remember when she faint after the kidnap-fairy event, harley said that she probably thinks weakness is a sin, because a weak is unable to protect something and eventually lost it; so when she saw that 1 larva is more powerful than her, probably she began to hate herself, because she can't surely protect zuellny (and she is a bit jealous of layfon, but this is normally).
Well i want see more her evil angry look on the 1-2 epi xDD (when tried to recruit members for her platoon, funny eyes xDD)
Old 2009-02-19, 12:53   Link #28
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I wouldn't say that she weaker than a bug because she can damage it somehow(and she have the intelligence and reflexes to eventually kill it) but it's an extremely tough fight for her and the bugs comes in swarms so even with good teamwork it's hopeless with the current power and skill of the platoon(and the other platoons too).
As i said elsewhere i don't think that they can't kill a single one of them because if that's the case then the bugs were already in the city when Layfon came.
Old 2009-02-23, 03:32   Link #29
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Ok...Nina acts more and more like a captain. It seems that she got significantly stronger with the secret training(i mean compared to the former self at ep 2).
She has somewhat a dual personality: -the mask of the platoon leader:Strong willed, reckless fighter, who always in the most dangerous situation to save it from her comrades.
-A nice little girl who hates seeing someone hurt.
Currently her mask is pretty tough so we rarely see her nice side(most of the time only with Zuelni)
Old 2009-02-23, 04:29   Link #30
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Ok...Nina acts more and more like a captain. It seems that she got significantly stronger with the secret training(i mean compared to the former self at ep 2).
She has somewhat a dual personality: -the mask of the platoon leader:Strong willed, reckless fighter, who always in the most dangerous situation to save it from her comrades.
Currently her mask is pretty tough so we rarely see her nice side(most of the time only with Zuelni)
I don't know if I'd call that a mask or dual personality. It's pretty much who she is. The fact that she hates seeing people hurt is one of the main reasons she is so reckless at times and she was always a fairly nice person. Only thing I think changed in this episode was her becoming more willing to work with her team instead of trying to do everything herself.
Old 2009-02-24, 02:02   Link #31
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I wouldn't call Nina a little girl by any means.

Girl is stacked.
Old 2009-02-25, 02:45   Link #32
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I facepalmed on a fact I found out about Nina. An illustration showed by dear Gentleman "Mr. Novel #8" (nick'd Mixing Note) told me this...
Spoiler for Ufufufu.:
Old 2009-02-25, 09:37   Link #33
meh

The thing with Nina is just that she goes straight ahead at full speed all the time. And has trouble dealing with reality and other personalities. That's personally why I don't like her character. It's neither a smart nor an efficient way of doing things.

I hope Nina grows as a character, because she seems to be a pretty talented strategist and generally a good commander when she's actually thinking.
Old 2009-03-05, 04:30   Link #34
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
On a personal note, I don't think Layfon and Nina have any chemistry at all.
I am SO not shipping this pairing. I don't care for her either.

Layfon is badass. We need more male leads like him. Badly.

I'm 8 episodes in, and Nina is just not doing it for me.
Old 2009-03-05, 08:19   Link #35
GreenLama
Banned

I find Nina to be a pretty cool character, but she seems a little pushy and seems to be very into her military arts and the whole Platoon thing, if she relaxed a little bit she would come across as a more easy going character. I am only on episode 6, so maybe she changes over the course of the next couple installments, but I doubt she will.
Old 2009-03-06, 06:33   Link #36
Fevvers
a regular van veen

I dunno, I think Nina's flaws make her a fascinating character and someone very easy to relate to (which, I suppose, is also what makes her annoying to some people?). Her selfishness, insecurity and jealousy (that has nothing to do with romance) is a breath of fresh air for shounen female leads, imo. Whether or not she would be believably developed in future episodes is another beast entirely though...

As for all these shipping business, uhm, I don't really mind Layfon/Nina, neither do I love it; Layfon's a bit bland for my taste, I need to see more development from his side to fully formulate an opinion on that. I do think Nina and that childhood friend of hers cute together though; he seems to have the role female characters usually have, that is, the devoted friend who never gets the guy/girl. Having that reversed is, well, kinda adorable. Hee.
Old 2009-03-08, 21:40   Link #37
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Moved from the Episode 9 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Guess we won't be on the same side in this show Crisis.
I would imagine so, JS. Of course, it'll not be easy to sympathize with a character you have no intention of siding with, but seeing how she seems to be as much as a central character as Layfon is in regards to the overall story, it would be worthwhile to exercise a bit of patience and see where she's heading later on.

Currently, I'm doing the same with Felli. Being a woman myself (most likely not the targeted demographic), I have absolutely no interest in her frills or how shiny her hair is, which seems to be the one of Felli's selling points, so it's hard to emphasize with her when her character seems to be settling comfortably in the role of a rather generic stereotype. That's not to say I outright dislike her; it's more to do with how I'm unimpressed so far with what I've seen as I find her rather bland, but like Nina, she always has room for further development and I'm always welcome to the prospect of warming up to Felli later on.
Old 2009-03-08, 22:48   Link #38
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Character development is over-rated if the character isn't likable to me.

Felli is pure fluff for me and that's about it. Cute to look at, has her funny moments, but there isn't a female in the story that really draws me in. I'm in the show purely for the frills, thigh highs, and Layfon kicking some hardcore ass.

Nina's just an eyesore and one I'm practicing tuning out. Lets just say if I knew someone like her in person, we'd NEVER get a long and she'd be put in her place rather quickly with her ideals.
Old 2009-03-09, 04:41   Link #39
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Remember: Nina is Layfon's friend and Captain at once. She exepts from Layfon to be frank and clear with her because of that "titles"(as friend and his captain). It's essential for the good relationship and the trust beetween them(in a platoon where the captain can't trust in her subordinate the effectiveness of the whole platoon suffers from it).
With the last episode i guess he confronted him to explain why he did what he did in the past...she's interested in Layfon's reasons behind all this.
Just an example:
You are working in a business company...You have a friend who your subordinate at once. You find out that he got caught stealing. What would you do?
A. Nothing...nothing to do with me and my work.
B. Fire him!
C. question him throrougly about the stealing case and then decide later.

Nina choose the C answer in that case...but it seems you choose the A answer...while it's crazy because your friend in the example might steal from your company too!
Perhaps we know that Layfon is not a bad guy and he has a proper reason for it, but how the hell Nina know that??? Her responsibility as a captain and her curiosity as a friend make her do that.

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-03-09 at 05:53.
Old 2009-03-09, 05:34   Link #40
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Yeah, probably that's the reason, but i like see this up&down feeling for layfon tha she has, because she is slowly trying to understand layfon not however accept everything about him, so i prefer this development that someone that already accept him without know nothing