AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-06-03, 15:08   Link #1181
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've always thought an author that tries to please everyone is mediocre. I'm not saying HnG is a literary masterpiece, but any time I read something (unless the story is, from the very beginning, blatant fanservice), I always expect the author to develop the plot in the way he wishes, and not just to please his readers.

It saddens me when readers would rather get pleased, than to receive a properly developed story.
First of all, I didn't mean that I wanted a harem ending just to be pleased _._; I was merely following the lines of the above posts .....
Secondly, I don't care who Hayate ends up with as long as the story is told in a believable and enjoyable way without forcing anything on its readers.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 16:42   Link #1182
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Might as well make it a complete harem ending then with letting Nagi/Maria/Ayumu join to please all the fans.
Nooooo... I am looking forward to a Hina x Hamster ending.
Old 2009-06-03, 19:37   Link #1183
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Nooooo... I am looking forward to a Hina x Hamster ending.
Don't forget Miki

Old 2009-06-04, 01:11   Link #1184
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Is does not necesarily have to be a mediocre story. He could end up with a harem ending but the means to get there is what is important. Like right now for example, there are clear traces that Hayate takes some chapters with one girl then some chapters with another. In my opinion it is pretty clear that he cant decine for which. It is either Harem ending or no ending at all.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 11:27   Link #1185
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
Is does not necesarily have to be a mediocre story. He could end up with a harem ending but the means to get there is what is important. Like right now for example, there are clear traces that Hayate takes some chapters with one girl then some chapters with another. In my opinion it is pretty clear that he cant decine for which. It is either Harem ending or no ending at all.
It's not that he can't decide which girl he likes the most.

It's more because A) he's still Nagi's butler (and needs to pay off his debt), B) he doesn't feel he's ready to have a girlfriend, C) isn't even aware how some of the girls feel and D) still doesn't see Nagi as a romantic interest.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 17:46   Link #1186
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

All of that may be true, but Ayumu already confessed and he has also been trying to hook up with Maria. Id rather say he has no clue what to do with a girlfriend. Being Nagi's Butler has nothing to do with it really since he can be with Maria and it would be even better. I agree that he does not know about Hina, but that is really it. Like i said before, he really might be gay.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 17:57   Link #1187
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
All of that may be true, but Ayumu already confessed and he has also been trying to hook up with Maria. Id rather say he has no clue what to do with a girlfriend. Being Nagi's Butler has nothing to do with it really since he can be with Maria and it would be even better. I agree that he does not know about Hina, but that is really it. Like i said before, he really might be gay.
Ayumu also said she didn't need to hear an answer, because she knew what the answer would be. And at that time, Hayate's answer was "no" because he didn't believe that he is ready to have a girlfriend. As as I see it, they're both just leaving it at that for now because Ayumu hasn't brought it up again (even though she's still gunning for him) since she believes his answer hasn't changed.

Being a butler has a lot to do with it, because he probably doesn't believe that he would have the time for a girlfriend and still do all of his butler work, especially considering how needy Nagi is and how much he needs to study to stay in Hakuou. In fact, wasn't there a chapter somewhere about how little sleep Hayate actually gets?

And I honestly don't know where you got the idea that he is trying to get with Maria.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 19:34   Link #1188
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Don't forget Miki

It seems that Hata forgot Miki... in the image
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:45   Link #1189
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBill View Post
What do you mean? She is there with her head in Hina's lap. Probably the place in the world she would be happiest.

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 23:37   Link #1190
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is Ayumu even have a fair chances in this game? She definitely will lose in this harem game.

and why is people rooting for Ayumu X Hayate?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 01:55   Link #1191
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
And at that time, Hayate's answer was "no" because he didn't believe that he is ready to have a girlfriend.
He didn't say no. He said no the first time, but he didn't give her any reply on the second (mainly because Ayumu didn't ask for any). However, right after that, Hayate did went to Maria to ask her for advise.

Quote:
Being a butler has a lot to do with it, because he probably doesn't believe that he would have the time for a girlfriend and still do all of his butler work
Not really, Hayate has never mentioned anything of the sort. The reason why he doesn't have any (his own obliviousness aside), is because he doesn't know what to do.

Quote:
And I honestly don't know where you got the idea that he is trying to get with Maria.
That happened on the early chapters - the time he and Maria had that billiard game. He hasn't tried anything on her ever since, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
and why is people rooting for Ayumu X Hayate?
Why not? Amongst all the girls who like Hayate, she's the one who has had to work the most. In addition, she's the only girl brave enough to have conveyed her feelings to him. She's awesome.
Old 2009-06-05, 02:12   Link #1192
xellos2099

We can tell that Hayate is definitely attract to Maria since in a lot of Hayate's monologue, he say how pretty and attractive Maria is. Hayate also seems to have the most "accidient" with Maria as well.

As got Hina, well, you can tell he like her too. In fact, a lot of people suggest that they think Hayate and Hina are a bit close together and people often ask or suggest to Hayate if he like Hina.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 04:47   Link #1193
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBill View Post
No ... but I have to admit that I had to look for her a bit, too.

Check Hina's lap.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 06:07   Link #1194
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Why not? Amongst all the girls who like Hayate, she's the one who has had to work the most. In addition, she's the only girl brave enough to have conveyed her feelings to him. She's awesome.
She isn't pretty or cute. She is just too underwhelming if you put her in the same boat with other girls.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 06:28   Link #1195
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
She isn't pretty or cute. She is just too underwhelming if you put her in the same boat with other girls.
I wouldn't say that Ayumu isn't pretty or cute, she has her nice moments just like the other girls. And maybe the fact that she is "underwhelming" in comparison to the other girls, is possibly even one of her charms. Unlike the other girls, she's the one with the most "normal" background and also needs to work harder to achieve something for which she has my respect.

Spoiler for Cute:
Old 2009-06-05, 07:53   Link #1196
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've always thought an author that tries to please everyone is mediocre. I'm not saying HnG is a literary masterpiece, but any time I read something (unless the story is, from the very beginning, blatant fanservice), I always expect the author to develop the plot in the way he wishes, and not just to please his readers.

It saddens me when readers would rather get pleased, than to receive a properly developed story.
C'mon... Manga publishing is a business too. I know it's sad, but Hata receives a lot of pressure from his editors about his series. In the beginning of the series, he was complaining about how he has to draw fanservice scenes.
The thing is, his sensei Kumeta had his series stopped because his series wasn't popular enough and didn't have much fanservice (and I heard that he wasn't in good terms with his editors). So Hata knows pretty well what happens if he messes with his editors. He sighed that there was something he wanted to do for Klaus's birthday, but since readers weren't interested in those kinds of things, he had to put it off.

I wonder how the story would turn out if Hata was totally free to draw what he wanted to.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 08:40   Link #1197
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
No ... but I have to admit that I had to look for her a bit, too.

Check Hina's lap.

I was quite shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
C'mon... Manga publishing is a business too. I know it's sad, but Hata receives a lot of pressure from his editors about his series. In the beginning of the series, he was complaining about how he has to draw fanservice scenes.
The thing is, his sensei Kumeta had his series stopped because his series wasn't popular enough and didn't have much fanservice (and I heard that he wasn't in good terms with his editors). So Hata knows pretty well what happens if he messes with his editors. He sighed that there was something he wanted to do for Klaus's birthday, but since readers weren't interested in those kinds of things, he had to put it off.

I wonder how the story would turn out if Hata was totally free to draw what he wanted to.
WTF? I thought Katteni Kaizou has too much fanservice already (not the usual fanservice, however)... I think his terms with his editors looks more plausible.
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 11:33   Link #1198
primuler
Love For 3D

I bought volume 17 and noticed following:

Spoiler for nothing really new:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 14:34   Link #1199
zibi88

Quote:
I bought volume 17 and noticed following:

I was wondering wasnt that mirror made that the user would see a fated person... I mean a person where the one that looks into it would be the happiest (like they are fated to meet or maybe end up with at the end...)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 14:55   Link #1200
Used Can

Quote:
I know it's business and I'm aware that many things will be there just for fanservice, but I still think an author is well capable of developing and ending a plot in whatever way he wants (otherwise, we'd never have sad endings, would we?). But anyway, yes I've seen many plots I've liked rendered to crap because the company wanted more profit. I guess that's just too bad.

Quote:
I don't remember anything suggesting Athena being unable to see her. Also, even if it was Hayate's memory, she'd be able to see it. When Hayate was watching his mother, Athena could also see her. So, since the chances for Hayate having met Maria before are quite slim, the normal assumption would be that Athena's memory was being reflected and not his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I was wondering wasnt that mirror made that the user would see a fated person... I mean a person where the one that looks into it would be the happiest (like they are fated to meet or maybe end up with at the end...)
No, Athena clearly said only people you know are reflected there.

Last edited by Used Can; 2009-06-05 at 15:07.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen