Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-07-22, 20:12   Link #21
anime_luver

Send a message via MSN to anime_luver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Nozomi
But it also has that instrument in the background that the name slipped my mind... it's the instrument that's like a horizontal harp that the players have those finger picks and they pluck at it....
I think you mean the 'qin'. Here's a picture for those of you who don't know what the hell it is. Oh, and they vary in looks alot, but they are the same instrument.

http://www2.hmc.edu/~dgibson/page/qin.gif

I am sooooooo hyped!!! I must hear these songs. *runs off to search*

Go Hikki indeed!
anime_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 17:50   Link #22
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
So has she started playing on the radio yet? I don't listen to the radio all that much, so I wouldn't know. >_< But it would be fun to hear Hikki on the radio!
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 22:29   Link #23
anime_luver

Yea, I'm wondering Chiaki Nozomi. Where did you hear the new Hikki music? I really wanna hear her new music >.<...

EDIT: Never mind!!! I found sooooo many places to hear her music! It's so beautiful . Easy Breezy is so friggin' catchy. I don't like the 'japanesey' part either, but it's too catchy! I can't stop singing it! So far, I like 'Exodus '04' 's preview the most. That song is gooooood.

Last edited by anime_luver; 2004-07-26 at 04:40.
Old 2004-07-27, 16:28   Link #24
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
Well, boys and girls, this new influx of music just won't stop!

Go one over to Utada.com and check out the full version of Devil Inside, radio version by Vission, and radio version by Scumfrog. (Courtesy of the Utada Official ML)

Now to call my local radio station and request this song out the cazoodle... >
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 09:32   Link #25
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
Hmm... I got a clip of Utada doing an interview after the Diva's live.. for MTV Germany. O.o; Oddness aside, its the clip where we hear her talk english.

Her english skills are good, although I can tell that she has a bit of a japanese accent (most noticable with the 's' turning into subtle 'sh'). I used to have the same problem when I was a kid, so maybe it just glares out to me.

Her interview answering skills aren't the best either. She sounds like a valley girl sometimes. XD But she does get points for saying 'I got some chocolates during the show so I'm on a sugar high right now!'. She even did an impromptu singing line.. which sounded high for her voice.

On the red carpet she admitted to wearing 'some of the stuff I already had and some new stuff'. I nearly had a heart attack. A red carpet person... wearing something they had already worn!? The horror!

The artists she seemed to admire the most during the show were Mary J. Blidge and Jill Scott (Finally that girl gets some recognition!) The clip was from 2001, but hey, it's a clip, right? XD

On an Exodus note...
-snip from hikaru-online.net-

July 28th, 2004
In other ranking news, Utada's "Devil Inside" single has reached the #1 spot on the Vocal genre's daily Top Albums chart on iTunes!! "Devil Inside (Original Mix)" is holding steady at #2 on the Vocal Top Songs chart, while the single is ranked in at #23 on the entire iTunes "Today's Top Albums" chart!!

-end snip-

Last edited by Chiaki Nozomi; 2004-08-01 at 09:52.
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 01:33   Link #26
anime_luver

Utada's single Easy Breezy has been being played on the radio. I heard 2 of the interviews that she has had with some American radio stations and they seem to like her. She also seems to have quite a few fans around. I hope she really breaks into the US bigtime. I hope she makes it really big!!!!