AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 23:31   Link #141
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
I wouldn't think on it too much. Madara and the First have grown in power since chapter 1 - remember how the Third was the "god of shinobi" and the "strongest Hokage?" Remember how Suiryuudan was the omfgwtfbbq of jutsu?
when is it said sarutobi was the strongest hokage? I remember it being known as minato. I thought even the 3rd said that.

lol at the water dragons. at least shadow clones held up pretty well
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 23:41   Link #142
HasuMasu
*Artist

And the usefulness of Substitution has faded into obscurity.
Old 2012-03-14, 00:10   Link #143
james0246

Chapter 576 thread has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 19:57   Link #144
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
when is it said sarutobi was the strongest hokage? I remember it being known as minato. I thought even the 3rd said that.

lol at the water dragons. at least shadow clones held up pretty well
Chapter 94. Iruka tells his students that "the Third was said to be the strongest of all the Hokage," and Hiruzen gets irate with him for using the past tense.

During the conversation prior to that, Hiruzen and Anko agree that if the Fourth were still alive, he would be a match for Orochimaru, and that Hiruzen most likely no longer is. Over time, people have turned that into "the Third said the Fourth was the strongest."

I guess another thing that's changed immensely is that Hiruzen was said to be virtually crippled by his old age, everyone kept bringing it up, and yet old people in Part 2 are still uberstrong - the Raikage, the Tsuchikage, etc.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 20:34   Link #145
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Chapter 94. Iruka tells his students that "the Third was said to be the strongest of all the Hokage," and Hiruzen gets irate with him for using the past tense.

During the conversation prior to that, Hiruzen and Anko agree that if the Fourth were still alive, he would be a match for Orochimaru, and that Hiruzen most likely no longer is. Over time, people have turned that into "the Third said the Fourth was the strongest."

I guess another thing that's changed immensely is that Hiruzen was said to be virtually crippled by his old age, everyone kept bringing it up, and yet old people in Part 2 are still uberstrong - the Raikage, the Tsuchikage, etc.
right on. thanks for pointing it out. yea, it seems that the 3rd is victim to several retcons. the latest of which is how strong madara is making hashirama sound. you are right when you say that older ninja were severely weakened back in the older manga and now they seem to get stronger with age despite having a weak body. oonoki just keeps on using extremely powerful techs despite his 'bad back'
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion