AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-29, 18:12   Link #15881
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So for now Birdway's alignment is unknown? Maybe she really is a good person and that there is a very good reason for all of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
You can say the same for Laura, Aleister and Visallisa or just all the major leaders in the world.
Basically they're all the kind of people that do good things for bad reasons.

The only reason why people would want to believe in Birdway is because she's a cute looking girl with blue eyes, blond hair, and black stockings.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:50   Link #15882
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The only reason why people would want to believe in Birdway is because she's a cute looking girl with blue eyes, blond hair, and black stockings.
Well, personally, I'm simply giving her the benefit of the doubt, as so far I haven't read anything about her crossing the line and judging by her past actions she doesn't seem that bad. And that's regardless of her looks.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:56   Link #15883
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Well, personally, I'm simply giving her the benefit of the doubt, as so far I haven't read anything about her crossing the line and judging by her past actions she doesn't seem that bad. And that's regardless of her looks.
Give her time. Just because you don't see her thinking anything bad doesn't mean she hasn't thought it; the same with her actions. I mean, what do we really know about her? As far as I know, her past is a complete mystery right now.
Old 2011-12-29, 19:03   Link #15884
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Thats like saying the same for Yozora from Haganai and Kirino from Oreimo, but unlike those 2, Birdway focuses her evil doings on people doing evil and fans of both series has big number among them who dislike/hates them.

Until now I didn't find people showing their hatred or disliking towards Birdway and/or starting a shitstorm for that. IMO I don't hate her because she doesn't pulls out BS like she lacks attention or just feels lonely in order to justificate her own selfishness... and that comes from someone who has a dislike for lolis and cheap tsunderes and deux ex yanderes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Give her time. Just because you don't see her thinking anything bad doesn't mean she hasn't thought it; the same with her actions. I mean, what do we really know about her? As far as I know, her past is a complete mystery right now.
Fiamma's past is a mistery as well yet both he and Birdway have a background that more or less justifies their actions.

A trope for those 2 would be "For the evulz" (?).
Old 2011-12-29, 19:27   Link #15885
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
A trope for those 2 would be "For the evulz" (?).
Well I don't know about Birdway, but Fiamma was this bizarre combination of "A God Am I" and "Well-Intentioned Extremist".
Old 2011-12-29, 19:32   Link #15886
Miraluka
Banned

Doing evil for great justice, that makes it funny, remember even Touma wen from WTF! to orz whie getting mocked during vol.20?
Old 2011-12-29, 20:17   Link #15887
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Thats like saying the same for Yozora from Haganai and Kirino from Oreimo, but unlike those 2, Birdway focuses her evil doings on people doing evil and fans of both series has big number among them who dislike/hates them.

Until now I didn't find people showing their hatred or disliking towards Birdway and/or starting a shitstorm for that. IMO I don't hate her because she doesn't pulls out BS like she lacks attention or just feels lonely in order to justificate her own selfishness... and that comes from someone who has a dislike for lolis and cheap tsunderes and deux ex yanderes.
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a BIG difference between comparing an action series and a romcom series. If Index was a comedy series all you'll see of Birdway is her abusing her followers and probably using them as target practice, just thank Horus that Kamachi has the sense not to overshadow his plot with those things.

Secondly, nobody starts shitstorm over Birdway because frankly aside from the handful of us here no many people really care about her in the grand scheme of things. The story never really focus on her as much as the two main characters from your example series.

Now if she appears in the Anime that's another case altogether but frankly I still don't think people would care about her all that much as long as she's vital to the plot.
Old 2011-12-29, 20:29   Link #15888
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Calm down guys...
Old 2011-12-29, 20:35   Link #15889
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a BIG difference between comparing an action series and a romcom series. If Index was a comedy series all you'll see of Birdway is her abusing her followers and probably using them as target practice, just thank Horus that Kamachi has the sense not to overshadow his plot with those things.
Since when the genre of a series matters for that? When people finds a character annoying/bothersome/whatever they'll show their hatred/dislike sometimes reaching discussions of ridiculous levels. As you can see a romcom is mean to be funny yet failed to sell their characters to all people.

Quote:
Secondly, nobody starts shitstorm over Birdway because frankly aside from the handful of us here no many people really care about her in the grand scheme of things. The story never really focus on her as much as the two main characters from your example series.

Now if she appears in the Anime that's another case altogether but frankly I still don't think people would care about her all that much as long as she's vital to the plot.
Hamazura got a good time of hate because he owned Mugino who returned creepier than before, that pissed off her fans, I guess.

And, while its true Birdway isn't a main character actually she is playing a very important role lately in New Testament... I'm sure this will be more and more evident as the series goes on... coughauthor favorite character.cough.

Quote:
Calm down guys...
Don't worry, nothing nasty is happening :P.
Old 2011-12-29, 20:41   Link #15890
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Don't worry, nothing nasty is happening.
Blame my exposure to the Gundam and Nanoha sub-forums. They tend to devolve into personal attacks and take-thats... worryingly quickly and with disturbing frequency. Chaos can back me up on at least the latter.
Old 2011-12-29, 20:45   Link #15891
Miraluka
Banned

Well, regarding Nanoha sub-forums, you can't take them seriously, really, just see through their psique. I know C2F is a veteran from that forum who still looks sane and now you... C2F got the weird hobby of getting banned tough .
Old 2011-12-29, 20:50   Link #15892
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, regarding Nanoha sub-forums, you can't take them seriously, really, just see through their psique. I know C2F is a veteran from that forum who still looks sane and now you... C2F got the weird hobby of getting banned tough .
Hardy ha ha~ =_=

Quote:
Since when the genre matters? When people finds a character annoying/bothersome/whatever they'll show their hatred/dislike sometimes reaching discussions of ridiculous levels.
Genres matters because the type of story would depict the type of actions the characters make.

But more importantly, the type of fanbase it would create.

No offense to anyone, but I feel that Romcom series are more likely to cause shitstorms because their fans are mostly... Hmmm...How do I put this delicately... ?

Quote:
Hamazura got a good time of hate because he owned Mugino who returned creepier than before, that pissed of her fans, I guess.
I've never heard anything like that before Both about Hamazura getting hate and Mugino having a sizable fanbase to fuel it.

Quote:
And, while its true Birdway isn't a main character actually she is playing a very important role lately in New Testament... I'm sure this will be more and more evident as the series goes on... coughauthor favorite character.cough.
*shrugged*

Then we'll see how it turns out when she has more focus, until then there's really not much to say.

EDIT:

Quote:
Blame my exposure to the Gundam and Nanoha sub-forums. They tend to devolve into personal attacks and take-thats... worryingly quickly and with disturbing frequency. Chaos can back me up on at least the latter.
Yeah, I still have that mean streak in me from the war- But I'm seeing a therapist and I'm taking my meds... Mostly...
Old 2011-12-29, 20:58   Link #15893
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I know C2F is a veteran from that forum who still looks sane and now you... C2F got the weird hobby of getting banned tough .
Are you saying I'm in danger of going insane, or that I'm one of the veterans who are still sane?

Quote:
Hardy ha ha~ =_=
The day isn't complete until we've taken pot-shots at you; you know that, right?

Quote:
Genres matters because the type of story would depict the type of actions the characters make.
This is very true; but more than genre, the tone of the series itself matters even moreso. There's a lot of things you see in a drama series that makes jokes at its own expense that you most definitely wouldn't see in a drama series that is very muted and serious in outlook.

Quote:
No offense to anyone, but I feel that Romcom series are more likely to cause shitstorms because their fans are mostly... Hmmm...How do I put this delicately... ?
Raving lunatics with no sense of reality who take their desire to see one character end up with another way too far?

Quote:
I've never heard anything like that before Both about Hamazura getting hate and Mugino having a sizable fanbase to fuel it.
It's because Hamazura's design isn't exactly the easiest on the eyes, whereas Mugino's is very easy on the eyes.
Old 2011-12-29, 21:02   Link #15894
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Are you saying I'm in danger of going insane, or that I'm one of the veterans who are still sane?
Obviously, the second. You are here and not there afterall, right?

Quote:
This is very true; but more than genre, the tone of the series itself matters even moreso. There's a lot of things you see in a drama series that makes jokes at its own expense that you most definitely wouldn't see in a drama series that is very muted and serious in outlook.
People makes cruel jokes about Kisaragi Chihaya's suffering and tragic past... XD.

Quote:
Raving lunatics with no sense of reality who take their desire to see one character end up with another way too far?
Yep, that .

Quote:
It's because Hamazura's design isn't exactly the easiest on the eyes, whereas Mugino's is very easy on the eyes.
I call it discrimination because he is ugly a thug!
Old 2011-12-29, 21:05   Link #15895
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I would summarize it as 'immature', but yeah sure why not...

No seriously, I feel that the harder it is for a show to understand, even by a little bit, the more we weed out the... Troublesome ones.

...Most of the time anyway. *coughsneezekyoncough*

Quote:
And don't you forget it
Old 2011-12-29, 22:45   Link #15896
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Chapter 4 at 56% Updates hasn't been as lightning fast as usual, but that's understandable considering that these end year periods are really, really busy for some.
Old 2011-12-29, 22:54   Link #15897
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Chapter 4 at 56% Updates hasn't been as lightning fast as usual, but that's understandable considering that these end year periods are really, really busy for some.
Well that and there's ALOT of content in this volume as oppose to the previous one.

You know, somehow when it comes to America it's just more fitting to use PMCs these days than Russians. Hell, when I wrote my GROUP in America fanfic even I use Mercs

But still I would never expect someone from the media industry to try a stunt like this...
Old 2011-12-30, 16:05   Link #15898
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Media Queen, Car King, just hearing those names just makes me take them alot less seriously

Handguns in supermarkets? Oh come on now
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-12-30, 16:23   Link #15899
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Media Queen, Car King, just hearing those names just makes me take them alot less seriously

If you consider Wal Mart a supermarket, and depending on the state, welllll...

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-12-30, 18:39   Link #15900
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You don't think Entertainment and Automobile industry makes alot of money ?

Quote:
I'm guessing you never heard of Wal-Mart huh ?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen