AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 30 21.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 3.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 13 9.22%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-16, 12:13   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Episode 25 (4-7).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
    Any game spoiler posted in this thread will end up with a temporary ban of 1 day, without any kind of warning. Further offense will escalate to harsher ban.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-12-16, 12:16   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

2chan link: http://dec.2chan.net/18/res/9695323.htm

I have no idea if they were lazy with the caps. However, if the whole episode was used for Ange VS Kasumi scene alone, I will really cringe (that would be the dumbest direction possible).
Meanwhile: yep, more distorded faces.
Old 2009-12-16, 12:19   Link #3
Marion
The Great Dine

Unfortunately it WAS just the Kasumi beating Ange up scene. It ended with Bern meeting Ange on the top of the skyscraper.

I could go on a rant as to why they made a poor choice, but that would include future spoilers so.

Spoiler for Episode spoilers:
Old 2009-12-16, 12:21   Link #4
Serpit

I guess that the episode itself will actually be quite good, but the finale's pretty much ruined =/
Old 2009-12-16, 12:22   Link #5
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Oh Deen...

This is why I keep my expectations super low for Umineko now. If at all possible, I honestly hope that another company will get to animate the second season.

Old 2009-12-16, 12:25   Link #6
tcaz2

For once in my life I'm actually on the verge of hoping that Witch Hunt doesn't release the Ep5 patch til after the 23rd.

Cause we might need a pick me up at this rate.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

(Don't listen to me if by some miracle it'll be done before then, though )
Old 2009-12-16, 12:26   Link #7
passuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Oh Deen...

This is why I keep my expectations super low for Umineko now. If at all possible, I honestly hope that another company will get to animate the second season.
I think so... T^T
Old 2009-12-16, 12:34   Link #8
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

2ch link? =O Silly me.
Old 2009-12-16, 12:36   Link #9
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

... you realize I posted it as the second post?

Anyway, I really can't see how they can do anything about the final, considering what is left easely take 30 minutes...
I seriously want another director. Deen isn't that of a problem after more thought, but I really think Chiako is the problem here...
Old 2009-12-16, 12:37   Link #10
MayumiHime
Kihihihi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Oh Deen...

Agreed. x_x

... And I thought that they would make epi 25 a lot better. Somehow I don't really want to watch the next episode, it'll be super rushed, but whatever. Umineko already failed for me. >_>

Spoiler for Ange:
Old 2009-12-16, 12:41   Link #11
bigemperor

NOW IS OFFICIAL DEEN IS STUPID, AN ENTIRE EPISODE TO ANGE IN ROKKENJIMA??? WTF DEEN WTF they extremelly rushed the previous episode but now they adapt only one chapter from the sound 10000 TIMES LESS IMPORTANT THAN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS deen is just STUPID, i expect NOTHING from the last chapter.
Old 2009-12-16, 12:42   Link #12
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
... you realize I posted it as the second post?
Oh, my apologies, I've just changed my "xx times to scroll when pressed space" settings, so I didn't realise you had a 2nd message there.

So, this episode is only Ange scene...

So... We only have 1 episode left, right? Wait- what?
Old 2009-12-16, 12:47   Link #13
Leinne
Who... am I?

DEEN is stupid, but at least reaction faces keep me entertained before the awful truth
ANGSTshit for one whole ep, anyone could have written it better to end where it was expected. Confirmed trolling of DEEN for the low DVD sales
Old 2009-12-16, 12:52   Link #14
ameskitty
Kupo

Why, Chiaki Kon, why? I was ready to forgive you (heck, even applaud you) for last episode's cuts were you to use the awesome time setup it made for the final two episodes properly . But no, you had to go and pointlessly stretch out yet another less important scene.

This reminds me of Higurashi Kai where the "Save Satoko" scenes dragged like hell (well I haven't read the original, true, but I could tell that there were other things she could've focused on). Does she even know what scenes people actually want to see?

</rant that I was going to save for later but this is just too much>

Proper review after I see a proper raw but...argh.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-12-16, 13:16   Link #15
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
This episode was a travesty, if this is the kind of "quality" that we get then I can see why their is no hope for a second season. Honestly even if their was to be a second season, someone would have to remake the first season beforehand since I just don't see how it's possible for Chiru to make any sense with the way the anime has been directed.
Old 2009-12-16, 13:27   Link #16
MarthX

Actually, this episode was rather good if you ignore what the pace will be like for the next.

How the next episode is paced isn't a part of this episode. You shouldn't rate it with that in mind.
Old 2009-12-16, 13:30   Link #17
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

Okay....severely disappointed. So much anger but it's impossible to put into words, I really didn't care for Ange's side. It dragged on for too long in the previous episodes but this?! DEEN....any hope I had for you is gone.
Old 2009-12-16, 13:38   Link #18
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

...haven't seen it yet...terrified to, after reading this...

...seriously. SERIOUSLY?! They focused the entire episode on Ange/Kasumi?!?! When they still have 1986 and Meta-World scenes to wrap up?! Fuck, based on the end of last week's, it was pseudo-cliffhangerish, and I was sure they'd rush through the conclusion but at least SHOW it!! So now what...we're not even going to get 5 minutes of the tea party next week, are we?!

I'm scared to even speculate how it's going to end up. I really, really thought that after a very pleasing EP3 that the Anime had at least some hope for EP4...and after 23 and 24, I was holding out for a spectacular 26...especially seeing DreamEndDischarger on the Anime OST, I thought 'well they can't screw us out of our tea party, then, right?' but...I have no words...

I'll watch it for myself later tonight and try desperately to rate it for its own merits and not for what a farce it's going to turn 26 - and thus the entire Anime as a whole to this point - into, but...it's too late now. This has officially become the worst Anime adaptation I've ever seen, and despite the many moments I have enjoyed, I have a very bad feeling I'm going to watch this and next week's episode thinking, 'why the Hell have I bothered to stick by this for so long?!'...
Old 2009-12-16, 13:43   Link #19
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Well honestly what hurt me the most is, that as an episode I found this one almost perfect...and it hurts so much more, that an episode, that had everything that was also in the VN which was regarded important, is to be the final stone on Umineko's grave...

This episode was atmospheric, had good cuts, nice animation in the right parts and a good amount of information that is even on par with that which the VN delivered (I missed nothing).
But considering that it means that we need an actual WONDER to save the 26th episode from being a major BURN to us all...it's hard to see the episode as a standalone...

Now I know how people knowing the VN felt when they watched Tatarigoroshi and Tsumihoroboshi during Higurashi's 1st season
Old 2009-12-16, 13:48   Link #20
Geekodot

I am going to rate this episode when I find out how they do the end next week, because I don't think I can do a composed and fair rating of this episode now.

I actually thought this one was very good, maybe one of the best adapted episodes if you exclude certain "Quality" errors like stake hair color... But I can't give it the rating it deserves because it's going to screw over the next ep...
Closed Thread