AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 15:52   Link #5541
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
SEA @ SF: San Francisco (Struggles against great D's aside, I'd still rank The Niners Offense above Seattle's, though the focus will be on both sides defenses.)
After watching Wilson and company against the Pats last weekend, I wouldn't be too quick to reach that conclusion about either side of the ball. Of course, not every team would have a defensive backfield that lets Sidney Rice get behind them like New England does. The woes of the Patriots defensive secondary are laid bare in this article.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 18:22   Link #5542
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Now for week 7:

DAL @ CAR: Carolina (Robocop pulls himself out of the rut he's been in)

CLE @ IND: Indianapolis (The Ugly one gets another win)

GB @ STL: St. Louis (The Rams are looking dangerously capable on offense)

NYJ @ NE: New England (And The Jets get slaughtered)

JAX @ OAK: Oakland (If The Raiders lose here, then they are truly fucked)

DET A CHI: Chicago (The Bears are more balanced.)

Spoiler for ::

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-10-18 at 18:41.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:14   Link #5543
YF19EX

49ers 2min to finish. Tough street fight defensive game. No real opportunities for Smith for any long throws. Good short throws at the after half really helped change the game.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:28   Link #5544
YF19EX

And 49ers to the top of the NFC West.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 00:06   Link #5545
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
And 49ers to the top of the NFC West.
For now at least, it all comes down to Sunday on whether it will stay that way.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:13   Link #5546
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
DAL @ CAR: Carolina (Robocop pulls himself out of the rut he's been in)

As a Carolina fan, that ditch far down than I expected. Dallas has a lot of shovel power to push themselves out than Carolina.

Unless your name Danny "Mr. Capable" Amendola then the Rams ain't capable to the highest in offense. Don't worry Defense wins championship so as clutch players as Rodgers.

NYJ @ NE: New England (And The Jets get slaughtered)

And to input and quote"Tom Brady isn't going to bragg to Bart Scott about picking six or bashing his brains out. If Tebow doesn't get any playing time then Greene will push my fantasy points to the top.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 12:36   Link #5547
Samari
World's Greatest

Ugly win for the 49ers, but it's still better than a loss. The story of this game, for the fans will be Alex Smith's future despite the victory. He's looked unimpressive for the second straight week against a decent and/or good defense. And now the 49ers have three straight games against good defenses on the road at Arizona and two at home with St.Louis and Chicago. This is an important stretch for Alex and he needs to get out of his funk. He's left a lot of plays on the field the last two weeks. I haven't been too keen on the play calling either, but Alex needs to step up.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 17:47   Link #5548
sky black swordman

With no disrespect to 49er fans, I think they as well as some NFL analysts, jump the gun a bit to put his(Alex Smith) name in the same category as or even compare him to Steve Young and Joe Montana. Dont get me wrong he is a great player, but it was to soon to compare him to them.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-10-19 at 18:50.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 18:09   Link #5549
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Ugly win for the 49ers, but it's still better than a loss. The story of this game, for the fans will be Alex Smith's future despite the victory. He's looked unimpressive for the second straight week against a decent and/or good defense. And now the 49ers have three straight games against good defenses on the road at Arizona and two at home with St.Louis and Chicago. This is an important stretch for Alex and he needs to get out of his funk. He's left a lot of plays on the field the last two weeks. I haven't been too keen on the play calling either, but Alex needs to step up.
As far as I can tell I don't think Alex is skilled enough to deal with coverage like he saw in that lats game. I don't think he has the accuracy to place the ball into tight windows and that leaves him to relying on checkdowns too much. At the same time I think the 49er recievers could also help him out a bit by trying to break free from those tight coverage situations (which plagued them the entire Seahawks game). They need to get more seperation.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 03:03   Link #5550
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post

Unless your name Danny "Mr. Capable" Amendola then the Rams ain't capable to the highest in offense. Don't worry Defense wins championship so as clutch players as Rodgers.
Though I didn't mention in the blurb, The Rams are also looking capable on defense. Green Bay isn't the team that went 15-1 last, and neither are The Rams the team that went 2-14 either. If anything, it's better to regard the 2011 season as something of an aberration in the swing of things, as it explains almost everything going on in the NFL right now.

Quote:
I'd say that if there's one thing that's become clear about The Niners offense under Harbaugh is that it's weak against teams with strong defenses. The other thing that's become clear is that Alex Smith is not the center of the Niners offense, Frank Gore is. And frankly, I'm fine with that.
Old 2012-10-20, 03:57   Link #5551
Samari
World's Greatest

I just wish we could take some pressure off of not only Gore, but the entire running offense. The passing offense needs to get more things going. Vernon Davis wasn't even targeted Thursday.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 17:30   Link #5552
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

And it just keeps getting worse and worse... how did we lose to Vandy?!?

Auburn has totally fallen-apart... I really wonder what is going on in the locker room for the team to have deteriorated so badly!

*Sigh*

Last edited by Rajura; 2012-10-20 at 23:58. Reason: Forgot a word in the heat of my frustration
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 17:51   Link #5553
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
I just wish we could take some pressure off of not only Gore, but the entire running offense. The passing offense needs to get more things going. Vernon Davis wasn't even targeted Thursday.
And it's going to take some time for that to happen. Right now, we aren't a team that throws for 300+ yards on a consistent basis, and we shouldn't try to be that just yet, given the fuckups in the Vikings and Giants games. Smith shouldn't be pressured into the doing everything (like you seem think), not especially when we've got marquee players at about just every single position on offense, defense, and special teams. and I've said it before, I think The Niners are fine as they are right now.
Old 2012-10-21, 15:13   Link #5554
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

With a turnover plagued game between the Giants-Redskins, Giants outlast Wash and win the game, Dallas wins against the Panthers.
Old 2012-10-21, 15:22   Link #5555
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Man, Houston straight annihilated Baltimore.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 15:23   Link #5556
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Yeah, and The Saints-Bucs ended all intense.
Old 2012-10-21, 15:25   Link #5557
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

What a game between the Saints and Bucs...damn
Old 2012-10-21, 16:42   Link #5558
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
A completely depleted Ravens defense? Yea, it's to be expected. Even worse, Flacco was flat.

This pretty much means: the Ravens are screwed.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 16:45   Link #5559
GDB

The Ravens get a week off, and they were on the road, where they're notoriously subpar. I wouldn't write them off quite yet.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 18:55   Link #5560
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

And The Raiders pull one off by the skin of their teeth.

Tags
american football, sports