AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-08-12, 18:39   Link #201
Xiao Feng
Perverted Translator

Send a message via AIM to Xiao Feng Send a message via MSN to Xiao Feng Send a message via Yahoo to Xiao Feng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
thanks, i love you men =)
Xiao Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 01:05   Link #202
Satsume
Baka Ranger Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Hi ya.

Both those places are legitimate. DVD Planet/Digital Eyes is more reliable and less problematic than Deep Discount DVD. I have used DVD Planet/Digital Eyes a lot ... both buying and reselling old anime DVDs. No problem at all. Another on-line site to consider is DVDPacific.com. Here's their price for what you're looking for:

----
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum Complete

Members Price: $50.78
Retail Price: $89.98 Members Save: $39.20 ( 43% )

----

I have used DVDPacific.com quite a bit. They are very reliable and rather cheap. Hope that helps. Cheers.
Wow, thanks! The DVD Pacific link says that it's the "thin pack" collection, but I'm looking for the full Platinum boxset, with the extras. The preview image is the same on Deep Discount DVD and DVD Planet/Digital Eyes though.. so I'm having a little trouble distinguishing! And none of the sites go into much detail, so.. this might be stupid, but how do you tell the two Platinums apart?
Satsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 10:16   Link #203
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsume
so I'm having a little trouble distinguishing! And none of the sites go into much detail, so.. this might be stupid, but how do you tell the two Platinums apart?
Well, it's actually rather easy: there is no other complete "Platinum" box-set. The only complete box-set of Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum is the thinpak version. That's it for now (or so it seems to me).

All the links you have are to the thinpak collection (you can tell by the retail price). If you check the ADV web site -- http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms...es.asp?ID=2021 -- what they have released so far, for the Platinum edition, is:

- Volume 1 + Box

- Volumes 2-7 separate (that all fit into the above box)

- Complete Collection (thinpak)

If you want something else besides the thinpak collection, you'll need to collect all the separate DVDs along with the Volume 1 + Box release. I believe that's it so far. ADV might put out another complete box-set that is a non-thinkpak version later on, but I don't see anything official yet.

In the non-Platinum release, ADV is selling this:

- Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Perfect Collection

That is a non-thinpak box-set, but it isn't the Platinum release. Hope some of that helps. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 20:24   Link #204
Satsume
Baka Ranger Tao

Ah, I see. Some images featured the first box and some the other. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Satsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 16:55   Link #205
Sailor Chibimoon
The Real Sugar Baby =3

Send a message via AIM to Sailor Chibimoon
Saint Tail

I know St. Tail has been out a while, but I haven't seen it anywhere for sale. Does anyone know who might carry the series? I've tried Best Buy, Fry's and bunch of other stores that sell DVD's. Hope someone can help = )
Sailor Chibimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 17:45   Link #206
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Chibimoon
I know St. Tail has been out a while, but I haven't seen it anywhere for sale. Does anyone know who might carry the series? I've tried Best Buy, Fry's and bunch of other stores that sell DVD's. Hope someone can help = )
Try DVDPacific, they have some of the DVDs in stock and will order the others.

Here's the list of the six DVDs, Saint Tail
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 20:02   Link #207
Busaiku Chama
爆発

Anyone know how reliable DVDEmpire is (ran a search in the topic and didn't get anything)?
The prices seem to be pretty cheap compared to other sites and seems to have Free Shipping on many of the items.
So would it be wise to order DVDs from there?
Old 2006-08-16, 20:31   Link #208
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busaiku Chama
Anyone know how reliable DVDEmpire is (ran a search in the topic and didn't get anything)?
The prices seem to be pretty cheap compared to other sites and seems to have Free Shipping on many of the items.
So would it be wise to order DVDs from there?
I've gotten one thing from them. They were okay. Their prices aren't that good overall... Wasn't a bad experience but wasn't a really positive one because I had trouble with their servers.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 18:53   Link #209
Busaiku Chama
爆発

I might not have looked hard enough so sorry if I'm just asking a question that's already been asked.

Would anyone happen to know any sites/stores that sell a Region 2 DVD player for a relatively low price (in North America)?
Thanks for the help.
Old 2006-08-25, 15:24   Link #210
Madlax26

Oh hey guys what's up? I wanted to know is it safe to shop from DVD Pacific. I heard they were hacked not too long ago. Thanks.
Madlax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 15:58   Link #211
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlax26
Oh hey guys what's up? I wanted to know is it safe to shop from DVD Pacific. I heard they were hacked not too long ago. Thanks.
I've been ordering from them for about 2 years now (on average one DVD order per week) and I haven't had any problems with the orders, deliveries, payments, no problems with anything really. There was a problem about (?) a year ago (as you say) but I didn't have any issues. I think GHDpro mentioned something about this but I can't remember if he actually had any problems or not.

If you preorder, they usually ship 1 to 2 weeks before the release date (so you get it well before the official street date). I have the DVDs shipped via surface mail to the U.K. and it still only takes 6 to 10 days for delivery (makes delivery nice and cheap).
Old 2006-08-25, 16:36   Link #212
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I've ordered from DVDPacific for about a year now (I make one combined order a month for the next month's releases). If they got hacked it hasn't affected me. They are generally the cheapest (occasionally I can find something on Ebay that's cheaper - but only if it's used, and it's usually not worth the effort of digging through the bootlegs), shipping is reasonable, and (the best part) as Xris noted, they usually ship out stuff two weeks early if you preordered - meaning even with shipping time you usually get the item before the street date. I live in Texas and it takes (on average) 2-4 days to have it arrive at my house.
Old 2006-08-27, 13:43   Link #213
Midori_Shinz™
Shinzy-Chan

Send a message via MSN to Midori_Shinz™
Question Mai HiME//Mai Otome DVDs ::<<

Hey!
I was wondering if anyone from the UK can help me out!
Where can you buy those DVD's from? Is there any shops that sell them?
I know you can order them online but im iffy about all that.
Thanks!
xx
Midori_Shinz™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 01:37   Link #214
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Beez are selling the Mai-Hime dvds in europe R2 and volume 1 is out now. Beez aren't quite the greatest at getting the things out though (volume 2 was supposed to be released in August and is constant put back). You could try your local HMV or Virgin to see if they have it. The Edinburgh shops didn't have them so it may be better getting them online.

For JP Region 2 Mai-Hime or for Mai-Otome (which isn't licensed yet), sites like Amazon.jp and CDJapan can sell them
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 14:40   Link #215
Madlax26

Oh hey i was recently looking around AnimeCastle, and noticed that they sell a decent amount of imported anime Soundtracks for example naruto ost vol 1 for $ 9.99 does anyone here know if there legitimate, because i really don't believe they are but i'm not entirely sure does anyone know anything about this Thanks.
Old 2006-09-12, 15:08   Link #216
xris
Just call me Ojisan

The indications are that AnimeCastle sell bootleg CDs. For example, the Naruto soundtrack is produced by Miya Records, and a Goolge search seems to be implying they are "A record company based in Taiwan that releases high-quality, but unlicensed (bootleg), popular Japanese music. Recognizable by their lack of credits to the original copyright holder, and the 'Made In Taiwan' notation".

If you search these forums (for "animecastle") you can see a few other replies along the same lines.

Note: I've never purchased anything from them so this is only from what I can find here and via Google.
Old 2006-09-12, 21:29   Link #217
Madlax26

Thanks Xris. Are there any American Stores that sell legitimate Imported Japanese Anime Soundtracks?
Old 2006-09-13, 05:29   Link #218
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I've never used them but Anime Corner Store does sell legal CD imports as well as lots of other anime related goodies. They do seem a bit on the expensive side (but then they are legal imports after all).
Old 2006-09-16, 15:04   Link #219
Madlax26

I'm Not Sure If this has been asked Before, But i wanted to know before i shop with them Does Dvd pacific sell only Legitimate Products Because There Store looks very Good , and i just want to make sure that i'm buying only legitimately licensed products from them.
Old 2006-09-16, 15:29   Link #220
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlax26
I'm Not Sure If this has been asked Before, But i wanted to know before i shop with them Does Dvd pacific sell only Legitimate Products Because There Store looks very Good , and i just want to make sure that i'm buying only legitimately licensed products from them.
I've never seen them sell anything apart from legal products. In other words, yes they only sell legal goods.

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime