AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 5.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 38.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-04-11, 16:34   Link #1
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Steins;Gate 0, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2018-04-11, 16:39   Link #2
Kakurin
大佐

Rewatched the original series up to episode 22 and then went into the beta version of episode 23. Episode 1 here connects neatlessly from an atmospheric point of view. Been waiting a long time for the adaptation of Zero, ever since it was announced a couple of years back.
Old 2018-04-11, 16:43   Link #3
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

That was a good first episode. I stayed in the dark when it comes to the VN since I wanted to see the anime first, so I've been waiting a while for this too.
Old 2018-04-11, 17:02   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oops. I totally didn't realise there was beta ending to the original series and wondered throughout the entire episode why they decided to start with such a depressing alternate timeline. Time to go watch that beta ending. XP

Not sure what to feel about all this though. It really is just so depressing how jaded Okabe has become. The first season hooked you with the charm (and then reeled you in when shit got real), but that's not gonna work this time round.
Old 2018-04-11, 17:22   Link #5
Utsuro no Hako

I don't know why 23β isn't included as the first ep of the new series. The series is going to be hard to follow for anyone who doesn't know about the alternate ending.

And I guess the OVA episode is non-canonical since it featured a different version of Future Mrs. Daru.
Old 2018-04-11, 17:29   Link #6
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I was in the same boat: I was kind of lost at the start of the episode until I realize there was a beta version of episode 23. Suffice to say, I guess this will explain how "future" Okabe will prepare the video and plan for present Okabe to reach Steins;Gate line. No wonder it is called S;G 0.

That said, I'm quite surprised how close this first episode of this season is; compared to the original series despite the huge time gap. Definitely looking forwards to it.
Old 2018-04-11, 17:59   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was aware the story is set in the beta worldline, so no surprises for me. Well, actually, there were two: the fact that Suzuha is still around 4 months later (which makes sense, no way she's going to give up that easily after everything she went through) and Yuki having a completely different design from the OVA (which is good, she looked too much like Suzuha there). I'm pretty sure Suzuha is very popular so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see her.

It was sad seeing Okabe being this depressed. Of course, it's understandable given what he went through. Still a bummer for us viewers though.
Old 2018-04-11, 18:42   Link #8
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

They nailed this premiere. 11/10. Pacing is perfect so far.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-04-11, 19:45   Link #9
Wandering Soul

I already knew that this story took place in a beta timeline so there was no confusion on my part throughout the episode. Said episode was also a good start and I'm looking forward to more.

Okabe without his usual chunni talk from time to time just doesn't feel right.
Old 2018-04-11, 21:46   Link #10
Irenesharda

Ya know? If any series needed a recap episode, it was this one.

Steins; Gate's original plot is already full of wibbly wobbly confusing twists and turns that it takes a lot for you to keep up with it. But now! It's been years since that series and I honestly have forgotten quite a bit since I saw that series last. I honestly can't remember which timeline this is supposed to be.

I guess I'm going to have to go back and binge the first series again.

It looks good though.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-04-11, 21:57   Link #11
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Ya know? If any series needed a recap episode, it was this one.

Steins; Gate's original plot is already full of wibbly wobbly confusing twists and turns that it takes a lot for you to keep up with it. But now! It's been years since that series and I honestly have forgotten quite a bit since I saw that series last. I honestly can't remember which timeline this is supposed to be.

I guess I'm going to have to go back and binge the first series again.

It looks good though.
This might be a helpful companion instead: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fea...gate-0/.129544

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-04-11, 22:39   Link #12
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This might be a helpful companion instead: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fea...gate-0/.129544
Arigato gozaimasu. This is very helpful. I honestly didn't even know there was a "beta" episode 23 until a few moments ago. I didn't watch Steins; Gate when it aired and didn't keep up with it till later. And I don't play any of the games either. Glad to get more information.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-04-11, 23:09   Link #13
HtwoN

Watching Okabe like this is so sad...
Old 2018-04-11, 23:15   Link #14
Applehell

Huh, I guess I'm the only one here who watched the alternate version of episode 23 just days prior to this. That avoided any disconnect I might had felt outside how depressing it is to see Okabe like this however entirely understandable it is. Overall though, I'm really surprised how easy it was to get back into this even with a new director. Good first episode.
Old 2018-04-12, 00:51   Link #15
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Arigato gozaimasu. This is very helpful. I honestly didn't even know there was a "beta" episode 23 until a few moments ago. I didn't watch Steins; Gate when it aired and didn't keep up with it till later. And I don't play any of the games either. Glad to get more information.
No problem. I watched this like maybe 2 years ago. I didn't realize this was that old. Wow. Glad to help.

Old 2018-04-12, 06:19   Link #16
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Does anyone know how many eps this will have?
Old 2018-04-12, 07:15   Link #17
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
23 TV episodes plus BD/DVD-only 24th episode.
Old 2018-04-12, 07:28   Link #18
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
According to MAL, it will have 23. One less than the original series.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-04-12, 12:19   Link #19
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Riyaju Okabe totally doesn't fit him at all but anyways, nice to see everyone again. Hell, there's even that Itou Kanako ED to drill in how long it has been since S;G came out
Old 2018-04-12, 20:20   Link #20
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
And I guess the OVA episode is non-canonical since it featured a different version of Future Mrs. Daru.
Does this make the 3rd or 4th different version of her throughout various media?
Closed Thread