AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-20, 19:16   Link #301
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Enough. This isn't the topic for your own farfetched wishes about Code Geass. I just reported this post, and if you keep it up, I'll report the rest of your posts. This is a discussion thread about the character Shirley Fenette, not a discussion thread about desired remakes of Code Geass.

Last edited by monir; 2009-05-20 at 19:49. Reason: quote removed
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 19:17   Link #302
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

What rumours? The "Not as Planned 2nd Season" is the only logical explanation for some of the plot omissions, be it the secret behind Suzaku's super-human powers, or C.C.'s real name. Changing timeslots is a big Executive Meddling.

If a re-make does occur, maybe they can reinterpret Shirley's role in the series. As it is now, the girl's a Chew Toy for the Geass.
Old 2009-05-20, 19:23   Link #303
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
If a re-make does occur, maybe they can reinterpret Shirley's role in the series. As it is now, the girl's a Chew Toy for the Geass.
Okay, now we're getting somewhere. If, in the highly unlikely event that, they do make a remake of R2, I would love for them to rework Shirley's character a bit more. Like many other characters before her I think a lot of her potential was wasted. And hey, we can always hope beyond hope that she won't die in this version
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 19:24   Link #304
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Senbon Zakura
o_O

I'm gonna stay on the Shirley topic out of fear.

I'm personally a fan on Shirley getting with Lelouche. It was frustrating that Lelouche didn't really appreciate Shirley until she was dead, because before that he was sort of neglecting her. Yeah, he talked to her, and he was pretty chill with her, but he was always running off to do something be it BK stuff or just avoiding conversation.

And it just made me even more frustrated when Sayako kissed Shirley. WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN LELOUCHE
Senbon Zakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 19:26   Link #305
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
Dude get over it
You're trolling again. Please stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbon Zakura View Post
o_O

I'm personally a fan on Shirley getting with Lelouche. It was frustrating that Lelouche didn't really appreciate Shirley until she was dead, because before that he was sort of neglecting her. Yeah, he talked to her, and he was pretty chill with her, but he was always running off to do something be it BK stuff or just avoiding conversation.

And it just made me even more frustrated when Sayako kissed Shirley. WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN LELOUCHE
Lelouch wanted to avoid Shirley getting involved in his conflict. He didn't want her to suffer anymore, and said as much to Villetta in R2 12.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 19:40   Link #306
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
o_O

welcome to the forum, Senbon Zakura! aww, you dont have to be afraid here! sometimes you just get off topic, before you realize it. trust me, it happens. XD dont worry, just try you're best to avoid it when you can. unless you do it on purpose, like for trolling or something, you're okay.

just to clarify a little more, Lelouch wasnt really neglecting her to be mean or cold. He really just didnt want her to get involved in anything dangerous ever again. like what Azul said. He was trying to protect her. Hope that helps understand the situation better. if not, I can try to explain it more for you.

wow, I've missed a lot of posts, and its only been a day! well, its good to see Shirley's thread getting so much attention.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 19:44   Link #307
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Senbon Zakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
welcome to the forum, Senbon Zakura! aww, you dont have to be afraid here! sometimes you just get off topic, before you realize it. trust me, it happens. XD dont worry, just try you're best to avoid it when you can. unless you do it on purpose, like for trolling or something, you're okay.

just to clarify a little more, Lelouch wasnt really neglecting her to be mean or cold. He really just didnt want her to get involved in anything dangerous ever again. like what Azul said. He was trying to protect her. Hope that helps understand the situation better. if not, I can try to explain it more for you.

wow, I've missed a lot of posts, and its only been a day! well, its good to see Shirley's thread getting so much attention.
Aww, danks

Shirley is a great character, she's humorous and loveable. I'm not surprised that this thread gets the amount of attention it does
Senbon Zakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 23:03   Link #308
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Aww, danks

Shirley is a great character, she's humorous and loveable. I'm not surprised that this thread gets the amount of attention it does
Ha ha, well this thread hasn't actually been around that long, and usually it doesn't get this much love. But it's been very busy today so you picked a good day to join.

But yeah, just as azul and ginran said, Lelouch only ignored her because he didn't want to get her involved and hurt her (lotta good that did) But that's just Lelouch, he never learned to open up to and trust people (well, he did to a certain extent)
Old 2009-05-20, 23:57   Link #309
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I would like to see a Shirley accepting Lelouch for who he is, and supporting him in whatever way she could, instead of trying to change him.
Old 2009-05-21, 00:10   Link #310
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I would like to see a Shirley accepting Lelouch for who he is, and supporting him in whatever way she could, instead of trying to change him.
Hmm, well don't let Sol's analysis influence you too much (unless of course that is what you really think). I think, to a certain degree, Shirley did accept Lelouch for who he was and she certainly wanted to support him. There was definitely something there that Shirley loved about him and, although she did want to change him (for the better), I think she saw the potential good within him and that's at least part of what she loved. Also keep in my mind, she didn't want to change him to suit some kind of selfish need of hers. She had no ulterior motive to be with Lelouch, he was just the man that she fell in love with and she wanted to help him.
Old 2009-05-21, 00:18   Link #311
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, a young maiden's heart can be quite unfathomable. Still, it is not difficult to imagine her, Nunnally and Lelouch sitting in silence on a park bench the whole day, and all three felt that it was time well spent.
Old 2009-05-21, 00:27   Link #312
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Well, a young maiden's heart can be quite unfathomable. Still, it is not difficult to imagine her, Nunnally and Lelouch sitting in silence on a park bench the whole day, and all three felt that it was time well spent.
Ah, now that's a pleasing image if I ever saw one

But yeah, I guess you can't explain love. Of course a lot of girls go on that schpeel of "I know he has his flaws, but I can change him." (yeah, forget it ladies you're not gonna change us ) Nah seriously, sometimes they do succeed, and in Shirley's case it was a little different anyway.
Old 2009-05-21, 00:37   Link #313
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

And Milly, ever the smart and sensitive one, decides to snap a photo showing their backs to the camera. Seriously, do we need to see their faces to determine who were there in this photo? I think not.
Old 2009-05-21, 01:48   Link #314
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
And Milly, ever the smart and sensitive one, decides to snap a photo showing their backs to the camera. Seriously, do we need to see their faces to determine who were there in this photo? I think not.
That's the thing about anime hair. It allows you to identify a character from any angle.
Old 2009-05-21, 01:51   Link #315
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Not just the weird hair colour. Shirley's hair is long, WAY long.
Old 2009-05-21, 02:14   Link #316
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Not just the weird hair colour. Shirley's hair is long, WAY long.
Indeed, very long and very beautiful hair mmmmmmm

Actually, the point I was getting at is that most anime characters have crazy hairstyles

Spoiler for size:
Old 2009-05-21, 02:24   Link #317
Sol Falling

Quote:
Accepting Lelouch for who he is is an integral part of Shirley's character. After all, she couldn't really say she wanted to be his one truth if her support were truly conditional on Lelouch being a nicer guy. But think of it this way: Shirley shows her love and acceptance for Lelouch by forgiving him for killing her father, but it would really be blind and uncriticizing if she just let Lelouch continue performing the sort of acts which cause such tragedies. Especially because of his separation from Nunally, it is clear to Shirley that at least part of the world really is Lelouch's enemy and that some things really do need to be changed and recreated. However, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with Shirley wanting to prevent those actions which needlessly hurt himself and others.

Like Nobodyman9 said though, don't take my word for it if you don't want to. The last thing I want to do is worsen people's impressions of Shirley.

edit:

LOL at the hairstyle pics.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 02:28   Link #318
Nobodyman9
Banned

^You always make it sound so good Sol. Well done
Old 2009-05-21, 02:45   Link #319
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Indeed, very long and very beautiful hair mmmmmmm

Actually, the point I was getting at is that most anime characters have crazy hairstyles

Spoiler for size:
You forgot that other kid with the spiky hair, Shobu!
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 08:10   Link #320
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Accepting Lelouch for who he is is an integral part of Shirley's character. After all, she couldn't really say she wanted to be his one truth if her support were truly conditional on Lelouch being a nicer guy. But think of it this way: Shirley shows her love and acceptance for Lelouch by forgiving him for killing her father, but it would really be blind and uncriticizing if she just let Lelouch continue performing the sort of acts which cause such tragedies. Especially because of his separation from Nunally, it is clear to Shirley that at least part of the world really is Lelouch's enemy and that some things really do need to be changed and recreated. However, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with Shirley wanting to prevent those actions which needlessly hurt himself and others.

Like Nobodyman9 said though, don't take my word for it if you don't want to. The last thing I want to do is worsen people's impressions of Shirley.

edit:

LOL at the hairstyle pics.
Her kind heart is one that shines in the series. Can safely say that she's one of the very few characters who doesn't wear a mask in front of others. What you see is what you get.