AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-26, 10:21   Link #141
Strikercups

I wonder if there's more to the afterlife than this school, I think what's out there would be pretty interesting
Old 2012-07-27, 23:34   Link #142
kaitok
Inspired Musician

I've been thinking about that actually, since nothing was mentioned out of the forest itself. But strictly speaking, (I'll use the same image)...

It does seems like it IS possible to get out of the school

That's what I'm guessing. And for past people to dig underground tunnels like Guild and the "old Guild" (tree hole in Heaven's Door), I guess people before Yurippe's batch had already tried to get out of the school by those ways but probably failed since even Shiina couldn't get out of those places.

That's purely my guess though. Maybe the God Yuri had been seeking is behind on the mountains :/
Old 2013-01-27, 21:31   Link #143
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

This is so late, but I recently picked up the series in super HD, so I had a question on something I noticed.

Iwasawa played guitar well in GDM because her life revolved around the music and instrument. However, Yui was a paralytic from a young age after being hit by a car, yes? How is it she's so good at playing guitar in the otherworld? Is this ever explained or is it something that just occurs?
Old 2013-01-27, 22:12   Link #144
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
This is so late, but I recently picked up the series in super HD, so I had a question on something I noticed.

Iwasawa played guitar well in GDM because her life revolved around the music and instrument. However, Yui was a paralytic from a young age after being hit by a car, yes? How is it she's so good at playing guitar in the otherworld? Is this ever explained or is it something that just occurs?
I don't think it was ever explained, but I'm pretty sure the story assume that you are not restricted with physical limitation you have from previous life anymore in that world.
Old 2013-01-27, 22:15   Link #145
Kudryavka

Quote:

Yui just learned to play while in the otherworld, since she is no longer disabled there. But since Iwasawa has been playing for years since she was alive, and Yui just learned, Yui is way worse at guitar than Iwasawa was, which iirc is mentioned a couple of times that Iwasawa was way better than Yui. I guess Yui decided to learn because she loved Girls Dead Monster and Iwasawa so much.
Old 2013-01-27, 22:23   Link #146
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. Y'know how even if a musician in anime is supposed to show signs of lacking skill in departments, it's done through studio recordings, so everything sounds professional and lively? Yui and Iwasawa sound no different in recording, so I couldn't tell. I do remember the scenes where it was mentioned that Yui wasn't as good though, like when GDM said Yui couldn't sing and play well at the same time. Of course, they just threw in the studio version of the song, so it sounded fine.

Props to Yui for picking up such a rockin' guitar and learning in the otherworld then. Gotta love the Gibson SG Special.

@Kirayuki: I started at the bottom of the page so I almost missed your post, sorry. I don't exactly think everyone can just have that skill though; Yuri was praised for her long and short range combat skills, Iwasawa for her powerful guitar and vocals, and you can always see Noda training his body so he can impress Yuri. No, Yui had to have learned it somewhere, but I believe I already have my satisfying answer regardless. Thanks.
Old 2013-01-27, 22:34   Link #147
Kudryavka

Quote:
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. Y'know how even if a musician in anime is supposed to show signs of lacking skill in departments, it's done through studio recordings, so everything sounds professional and lively? Yui and Iwasawa sound no different in recording, so I couldn't tell. I do remember the scenes where it was mentioned that Yui wasn't as good though, like when GDM said Yui couldn't sing and play well at the same time. Of course, they just threw in the studio version of the song, so it sounded fine.

Props to Yui for picking up such a rockin' guitar and learning in the otherworld then. Gotta love the Gibson SG Special.

@Kirayuki: I started at the bottom of the page so I almost missed your post, sorry. I don't exactly think everyone can just have that skill though; Yuri was praised for her long and short range combat skills, Iwasawa for her powerful guitar and vocals, and you can always see Noda training his body so he can impress Yuri. No, Yui had to have learned it somewhere, but I believe I already have my satisfying answer regardless. Thanks.
Yea they all sound the same lol...

Except when Yui sings her voice goes a whole octave lower. Which is scary...
Old 2013-01-28, 00:43   Link #148
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Yea they all sound the same lol...

Except when Yui sings her voice goes a whole octave lower. Which is scary...
That's what you get for having a Kitamura Eri to LiSA transition. :3
Old 2013-01-28, 13:20   Link #149
Kudryavka

Quote:
That's what you get for having a Kitamura Eri to LiSA transition. :3
Oh, it's two different people?

They still could have made sure they matched, or picked a voice actress who sounded at least kinda close to LiSA. Or made it so the VA didn't have such a squeaky high voice (I can tell that's not her natural range from the way it sounds).
Old 2013-01-29, 06:36   Link #150
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Oh, it's two different people?

They still could have made sure they matched, or picked a voice actress who sounded at least kinda close to LiSA. Or made it so the VA didn't have such a squeaky high voice (I can tell that's not her natural range from the way it sounds).
Well beats me but I think Kitamura Eri's voice didn't really match with the Rock genre despite having released several Singles (not as a bonus track but as a singer). Her voice somehow matched with Yui's personality though
Old 2013-01-29, 06:41   Link #151
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Well beats me but I think Kitamura Eri's voice doesn't really match with the Rock genre despite having released several Singles (not as a bonus track but as a singer). Her voice somehow matched with Yui's personality though
Meh, the huge difference still bothers me. A lot. Breaks the suspension of beleif, probably the best way to ruin an animation yet the easiest to avoid. They should have gotten a high pitched singer or a low pitched voice actress.
Old 2013-01-29, 12:34   Link #152
ChronoReverse

You'd be surprised how different a singing voice and normal talking voice can be for the same person. Having a different VA for the singing voice even if it's quite different doesn't bother me because of that.
Old 2013-01-29, 14:40   Link #153
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
You'd be surprised how different a singing voice and normal talking voice can be for the same person. Having a different VA for the singing voice even if it's quite different doesn't bother me because of that.
I know, but that diff?

Wont reply on this page anymore b/c off topic.
Old 2014-07-11, 10:49   Link #154
wakbob

Important question

Has there been any manga or light novel that tells you what happens for them at the end?
Old 2014-07-11, 13:35   Link #155
GDB

No, the manga (and light novel, though I believe that's the same as the first part of the manga) is a prequel. There's no epilogue yet, and probably won't be until the last part of the visual novel is released.
Old 2014-08-23, 17:45   Link #156
Deep Thoughts
Away with the Fairies
*Artist

Where is the best Place to watch Angel Beats?... Does anyone have suggestions?
Old 2016-11-22, 20:02   Link #157
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

Hello, I have a question there is possibility of that Angel Beats and Charlotte are themed in a same universe?
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a