AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2009-06-05, 10:00   Link #1981
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
So it boils down to:
Protect their sexual orientation rights and let them die out...
(right...)
Or protect their very existance as an endangered species by reproducing with females.

WWF VS Gay activists, round 1:

If only the penguins could speak, they'd prob insult our entire race as humans to be honest, lol.
We just need to spill some darkmatter on them. That'll take care of the reproduction problems. Then hope no brash, drunken bending robots try to hide out with them to escape community service and organizes them into an army.

Seriously though, the gay rights group in question is being blinded by their agenda. They're penguins, not humans. They seem to be thinking that introducing female penguins is an attack on them(the gay rigths group), when it's an attempt to save the species(the penguins). Besides, I may be thinking of something else, but the penguins that were trying to hatch rocks, weren't they kept in a pen with females before but still picked each other?
Old 2009-06-07, 13:28   Link #1982
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This is gotta to be a joke.
McG loves Sailormoon!?
Old 2009-06-08, 18:40   Link #1983
Shadow Kira01

This is New York? *shocked*
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 18:57   Link #1984
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
You know.. when i saw
'no pants'
I was looking for no underwear. I thought those girls were wearing skirts and going commando and then I thought
"How the hell did the public see/know that!?"

Then I ran the UK->US mental dictionary and saw they merely took off their trousers and are wearing short type underwear to preserve some form of modesty xD
But come on minato, it's only a stunt and an organised one at that, there were plenty of people on the train who weren't too pleased with it either and I'm fairly sure they're NY'ers too...

Besides on a gloomy winter's day, it spread a few smiles, got some laughs and probably rasied a few heads, no?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 19:05   Link #1985
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
You know.. when i saw
'no pants'
I was looking for no underwear. I thought those girls were wearing skirts and going commando and then I thought
My thoughts exactly.

The guy from 1:24 onwards has the best "WTF?" look on him that I've seen in a while.

But aren't New Yorkers used to bizarre stuff? Or is that a stereotype. If not then a lot of people probably just shrugged it off.
Old 2009-06-08, 20:37   Link #1986
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
You know.. when i saw
'no pants'

Then I ran the UK->US mental dictionary and saw they merely took off their trousers and are wearing short type underwear to preserve some form of modesty xD
But come on minato, it's only a stunt and an organised one at that, there were plenty of people on the train who weren't too pleased with it either and I'm fairly sure they're NY'ers too...

Besides on a gloomy winter's day, it spread a few smiles, got some laughs and probably rasied a few heads, no?
I agree with you.

One of the ladies in the footage even shakes her head and walks away..
Old 2009-06-08, 22:28   Link #1987
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Is that Improv Everywhere? Looks like something they would do.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 20:05   Link #1988
Shadow Kira01

Ishikawa residents puzzled by tadpoles apparently falling from sky

Quote:
KANAZAWA, Japan, June 9 (AP) - (Kyodo)—Dead tadpoles have been found on the ground in Ishikawa Prefecture on the Sea of Japan coast since the start of the month, prompting local residents to speculate that they might have fallen from the sky after being sucked up by a waterspout or carried by birds.

On Thursday, a 55-year-old man in the city of Nanao heard a strange sound of something falling on a parking lot at a civic center at around 4:30 p.m. and found about 100 dead tadpoles on the windshields of cars and over an area of around 10 square meters.

On Saturday, 20 to 30 dead tadpoles were also discovered in the city of Hakusan in the prefecture, according to local officials.

The Kanazawa Local Meteorological Observatory said there had been no reports of strong winds so far and experts and observatory officials are not sure how the tadpoles were transported to the area.

A researcher at the Yamashina Institute for Ornithology in Abiko, Chiba Prefecture, said, "Crows eat tadpoles but if these were spat out (by the birds), a wider area should have been covered."
Old 2009-06-09, 20:25   Link #1989
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
We just need to spill some darkmatter on them. That'll take care of the reproduction problems. Then hope no brash, drunken bending robots try to hide out with them to escape community service and organizes them into an army.

Seriously though, the gay rights group in question is being blinded by their agenda. They're penguins, not humans. They seem to be thinking that introducing female penguins is an attack on them(the gay rigths group), when it's an attempt to save the species(the penguins). Besides, I may be thinking of something else, but the penguins that were trying to hatch rocks, weren't they kept in a pen with females before but still picked each other?
Ok, your post confused the **** out of me, to be honest.
First you sounded like you were on the "Gays have an agenda and should be stopped" side, then when you mentioned the hatching rocks and pen thing it sounded like you actually supported people having some degree of acceptance.
Or do you approve of animals being gay but not people? Sorry your post confused me. -___-
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 21:22   Link #1990
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No, I think he disapproves of uninformed groups of people being loud idiots (no matter what their sexual orientation is).

The zoo is trying to breed up an endangered species. Until they can grow them in vats, that requires a male/female couple to at least produce a chick. If a couple of same sex birds want to take over or assist in chick raising - the zoo isn't going to complain but they still gotta have *someone* creating the chicks in the first place.

This protesting group is just being PETA-stupid ("love furry fuzzy things that we have no clue about") or "righteous without a clue".
Old 2009-06-09, 22:17   Link #1991
AnimeFan188

"The French Military moved to close down a large
Bit Torrent tracker in what is the first recorded use
of a nation's armed forces under the control of the
entertainment industry."

See:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...t-torrent-site
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 23:37   Link #1992
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Inflammatory wording... but apparently french military police intelligence was involved in isolating the server location. This bizarre idea of "intellectual property" seems to be becoming the basis of a dangerous cult with too many ties to government
Old 2009-06-10, 00:14   Link #1993
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No, I think he disapproves of uninformed groups of people being loud idiots (no matter what their sexual orientation is).
Yup, that's exactly what I meant. Just to clarify, I support gay rights for people. For a species of penguin that's endangered though? I'd say the survival of the species is a bit more important.
Old 2009-06-10, 06:14   Link #1994
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Yup, that's exactly what I meant. Just to clarify, I support gay rights for people. For a species of penguin that's endangered though? I'd say the survival of the species is a bit more important.
Well I do support LGBT rights, but there is such a thing as lab breeding and artificial insemination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Inflammatory wording... but apparently french military police intelligence was involved in isolating the server location. This bizarre idea of "intellectual property" seems to be becoming the basis of a dangerous cult with too many ties to government
This could be dangerous. Usage of military technology like this can lead to open-source countermeasures being developed, and spawn cyber-terror groups on the extreme end against copyrights.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 06:42   Link #1995
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well I do support LGBT rights, but there is such a thing as lab breeding and artificial insemination.
Who's going to pay for it? The activists?

Natch.
Old 2009-06-10, 10:12   Link #1996
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Just read this news so head straight to here, wow you guys are fast

This site have pictures of those tadpoles

Moses did it...? no?
Old 2009-06-10, 10:45   Link #1997
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Who's going to pay for it? The activists?

Natch.
I was about to propose that, but come to think of it, those people don't do anything but protest and move their lips only.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 10:59   Link #1998
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Israel woman 'bins $1m mattress'

A Tel Aviv woman has been searching through Israeli rubbish dumps after she said she accidentally threw away a mattress containing $1m (£700,000).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8092942.stm

Well, good luck to her going through 3000 tonnes of rubbish.
Old 2009-06-10, 12:12   Link #1999
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This could be dangerous. Usage of military technology like this can lead to open-source countermeasures being developed, and spawn cyber-terror groups on the extreme end against copyrights.
"Sweden's Pirate Party, striking a chord with voters who want more free content
on the Internet, won a seat in the European Parliament, early results showed
Sunday.

The Pirate Party captured 7.1 percent of votes in Sweden in the Europe-wide
ballot, enough to give it a single seat. The party wants to deregulate copyright,
abolish the patent system and reduce surveillance on the Internet."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090608/...ection_pirates

Apparently, there's already a backlash against strict internet policing.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 12:44   Link #2000
Echoes

Man finds dead rat in loaf

That couldn't have been good for his appetite.

Tags
humor