AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-21, 20:40   Link #41
qwertyuiopz

soul eater
Old 2009-04-24, 22:42   Link #42
Blue flame
anime bores me lol

blade of the immortal fits your description... but for kickass anime you should watch airgear and tengen toppa guerran lagan however its spelled
yea i just read to your replies on this post and im sure blade of the immortal is somthing you want.. hes immortal for killin 100 men so he will now kill 1000 bad men so he can die... epic fights except hes immortal so u obviously know whose the victor but just the way the enemies look when they stab him and they think hes dead and he just kills em price lesss
Old 2009-04-24, 23:20   Link #43
Boduar

How has nobody recommended Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann when hes looking for a badass main character?

Edit: I fail at reading the post above me ...
Old 2009-04-26, 19:18   Link #44
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Sengoku Basara - thats kicking ass
Old 2009-04-26, 20:57   Link #45
pkmnmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Chrome Shelled Regios, Layfon is total badass, except he's the decent type.
And there're also other action characters in the series, including females.
Aw man I was just about to recommend CSR too!
But yeah Layfon is just plain awesome. He's not like most other anime characters who start out not knowing anthing. Even at the beginning hes already one of the strongest in the show so its pretty awesome + there are sword fights and energy moves.
Old 2010-09-29, 19:53   Link #46
Drimear
Lost in Thought

Hah, Found this post via google. Been a while xD

I would like to thank those that added a few more posts even after I stopped checking the forum for whatever reason.

Watched the first 3 episodes of CSR, Seems pretty good. I watched the first episode of Blade of the immortal, That seems alright, I'll have to take another look, its been a while.

And yes, I've seen trigun about 3 times through now, Such a great series.

For those of you that are looking for some anime, I've watched a few since then.

"Darker Than Black" Solid anime, about elemental wielding peoples
"Highschool of the Dead" Zombie Bashing, booby bouncing goodness. xD
"Uraboku" Oddly addictive shounen vs evil anime, Somewhat of a gender bender, and sort of homosexual, no kissing or anything.. just.. I don't know, watch it, if you can't stand it, move on. lol

Thats all for now, Keep em coming!
Old 2010-10-01, 13:20   Link #47
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Needless <= that has one of the most badass characters ever (and his suppose to be a priest to top it all lol).
Old 2010-10-02, 01:29   Link #48
Shinjite

Fullmetal Alchemist, although not untouchable it has meelee fights with super powers and some bad ass action scenes.

Dragonball Z, The main character is pretty much the strongest around and meets his equal everytime a big fight starts, Alot of meelee fighting, Super Powers.
there is a dubbed version which i advise you to watch instead of the one with the japanese voices, they will hurt your ears with their weird screams.

Dragonball Kai is a shortend Dragonball Z. I have not come across a dubbed version, so prepair to plug in some ear plugs.

The main character is supose to be a ruthless killer sent to earth by his race.
Yet he turns out to be a guy who gives everyone a ''second'' chance which is annoying at times.
Old 2010-10-02, 13:14   Link #49
Drimear
Lost in Thought

I would have terrible doubt in ANY anime fan that hasn't atleast seen a few episodes of the dragonball series, its what? 5-10 years old?

I'll have to check out Needless.

Just finished Chrome Shelled Reigos, Its pretty good though I would probably give it a 7 out of 10, the story dead ends, no continuation, and you can tell it was just about to start getting interesting. :O

I'd also like to recommend Elfen Lied to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, not only did it exceed my expectations, it blew me away when I saw it a few months ago.

As for full metal alchemist, I watched about 20 episodes of it, but just didnt click with it. Felt a bit like yu gi oh. Maybe too mainstream for me, even though I love bleach, and semi like naruto.

Anyway, keep em coming guys, I'd like a post of some solid ass kicking anime for anyone that is just coming around.

Rawr
Old 2010-10-02, 15:24   Link #50
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
melee combat and mature huh?
Seirei no Moribito (best action scenes ever)
Berserk (theis isnt anyone more bad ass than Gutz)
Peacemaker Kurogane
Samurai 7
Afro samurai:Resurrection (since you watched afro samurai)
Karas (over the top actions scenes)
Hunter x Hunter
Old 2010-10-14, 04:52   Link #51
Drimear
Lost in Thought

Checked out what I could of the above, I'm about 30 episodes into hunter x hunter now. Its pretty good, dreading that there are only 62 episodes though. I tend to not do so well when it turns to manga hah.

Guess i'll just keep looking!
Old 2010-10-15, 18:26   Link #52
Autumn Demon
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drimear View Post
Checked out what I could of the above, I'm about 30 episodes into hunter x hunter now. Its pretty good, dreading that there are only 62 episodes though. I tend to not do so well when it turns to manga hah.
HxH is 92 episodes total: 62 TV, 8 OVA1, 8 OVA2, 14 OVA3. The OVA's are a direct continuation of the TV series, so there's no drop in quality (in my opinion).
Old 2010-10-16, 04:09   Link #53
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Have you seen Kaze no Stigma?
Quote:
Seed, Thats a pretty good anime. I might watch that one through.

I've watched atleast a little bit of every suggestion in here so far, While some of them look like fine anime the ones that have interested me so far have been

Samurai Champloo
Kenshin
Kaze no Stigma

I dunno, Gun fights don't really do it for me. Nor do very annoying characters. heh

Keep em rolling though, Never can have enough anime to watch at once. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Since when did Death Note have fighting? Lol. Unless you mean fighting with their MINDS.

Berserk and Basilisk might fit the bill, though I haven't seen them myself. But lots of people keep recommending them to me.

If you haven't seen it, you might also enjoy Black Lagoon. Although it's mostly gunfighting (though you do run into a samurai that can cut a bullet in half mid-air 0_0), it's still all epic. Lots of badasses running around in a world of crime and debauchery, etc. A great anime that's set for a higher maturity age group (that is, adult). I really liked it, and you probably will, too, if you havent seen it yet.
I agree with these people...
Old 2010-10-26, 02:02   Link #54
Drimear
Lost in Thought

Finished Needless, the fights weren't bad. Story line was alright, ending was freaking horrible. bleh.

Watching Immortal Blade, though its quite short I rather like it.

Any others that haven't been listed?

Don't remember if I mentioned it, but Ergo Proxy is a good watch if anyones looking, not many fight scenes but still pretty good.
Old 2010-10-26, 02:23   Link #55
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Very interesting thread and I'd like to add a few myself but under different conditions of the OP:
Code Geass
*I'm not gonna say he's untouchable and he obliterates his enemies, but he's omnipotent, whether his power is used for the right or wrong reasons.
Spoiler for Code Geass:

Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works
*Untouchable? Maybe not entirely. Able to obliterate his enemy? Possibly. Not bad for a once ordinary human :P
Spoiler for Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works:

Death Note
*Definitely untouchable and able to obliterate his enemies
Spoiler for Death Note:

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2010-10-26, 23:42   Link #56
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

You're just like me
I third Rurouni Kenshin, though the OVAs were 10x better than the series IMO
Chrome Shelled Regios
Black Cat
DBZ if you haven't watched it already
Second Gundam seed
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Black Blood Brothers
Fairy Tail

If you are interested in sports or the like...:
POT(Prince of Tennis)
Hungry Heart Wild Striker(second half of series)
Eyeshield 21
Old 2010-10-26, 23:55   Link #57
Rhythm

Quote:
"Darker Than Black" Solid anime, about elemental wielding peoples
"Highschool of the Dead" Zombie Bashing, booby bouncing goodness. xD
Was going to suggest DtB, was a pretty badass anime.

Highschool of the Dead, ecchi and violence I suppose? I might watch it.

Anyways, don't know if anyones suggested it yet but, try Kaze No Stigma.

EDIT: Nvm they already have. lol =.=
Old 2010-10-27, 02:40   Link #58
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I tend to not do so well when it turns to manga hah.
That's a shame, Beelzebub and Hareluya II B0Y are both deliquent manga with invincible protagonists...but keep an eye out for the Beelzebub anime that will be airing soon! Speaking of coming soon, there's also Berserk. Again on manga, Until death do us part is about a blind samurai that has no qualms about chopping hands, jaws, guts and all the goodies you may remember from berserk, but this time with an ultra-thin katana instead of a huge pile of steel.
Adding:
Casshern SINS (again, literally invincible immortal hero that kills anything he gets his hands on)
Gintama - Gintoki gets hurt lots but his wooden sword can break everything. The series is comedy-focused but has a good lot of serious drama arcs with heavy action, making it one of the most epic anime I've ever watched. If you're not into the jokes, look out for just the serious arcs, although I'd recommend a complete viewing...
Samurai Deeper Kyo - Multiple personality swordsman slicing enemies to...well, slices xD
Old 2010-10-28, 08:16   Link #59
Drimear
Lost in Thought

I'll definately give them a go,

Just finished blade of the immortal, Way too short! And.. man does he get his ass handed to him more often than not lol.

Old 2010-11-06, 11:39   Link #60
Drimear
Lost in Thought

Of what is listed so far I dug Deeper Kyo, currently watching it and I recommend it to anyone with the same taste.

Also, Anyone have a link to the OVA's of HunterxHunter English Dubbed? It can be Fan Dubbed or whatnot I don't mind, but after watching the entire series english dubbed I can't stand the japanese voices

tyvm
Closed Thread