Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2014-05-27, 09:04   Link #21
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I like ClariS simply because their singing is quite easy on the ears, which makes it infinitely repeatable to me, and their voices harmonize quite well with each other. And of course, their songs for Oreimo and Madoka are still some of my favorite songs in a while. Hence, kinda a shame to hear them no longer continuing.
Yeah their harmonising voices were also one of the major reasons i liked their songs as well.

And whatever they sing often matched the mood of the anime. It was before i heard about them being secret middle-schooler, and more so when i realised they are.

I don't listen song based on singer, Japanese and English alike. But i generally like those OP with ClariS singing...
Old 2014-05-27, 19:54   Link #22
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Either Alice failed on the college entrance exams and have to review a whole year to get into one or she was admitted to a high-tier uni, she had no choice but to choose one because of impending hectic stress.

Clara can join DD. Her voice suits the group. I don't know if she can dance though. On the silhouette live they both just stood there singing and waving hands....
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 07:31   Link #23
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Does anyone know approximately how much they've earned so far through singing? If the amount isn't large enough to make a living out of full-time singing, then perhaps Alice's decision was financially-motivated.

I wonder if they can find another singer or utaitte who can match Alice's chemistry with Clara. Replacing a duet partner who has been singing with you since kindergarten is always going to be hard.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 08:23   Link #24
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Very few JPOP duos can even sell past 5k copies. Claris sells constantly around 20-50k copies. I doubt it was financial. The official letter from Alice even said it was to focus on her studies.
Old 2014-05-28, 11:22   Link #25
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

ClariS' output really hinged on their songwriters. Their work with kz was a little too one-note for me (unfortunately, it also made up the majority of their singles), but in the right hands they could pull off some damn catchy tunes. I kinda wish they could have gotten ryo to do more than one song, because "Naisho no Hanashi" was great.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 19:41   Link #26
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'd blame Livetune for that. Even Livetune's songs with Anna Yano (C3-Bu's "Shape My Story" and Mahou Shoujo Taisen's "All Over") had the same stuff ClariS' songs with Livetune are made of.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 22:22   Link #27
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Well, their songs are pretty good in the sense they do cover each other's vocal performance pretty well and evens out for a very pop-feel and a tone that's very pleasing to the ears. They're never going to beat out the more accomplished singers but they were quite decent at what they were doing.

I do lament the fact that the feel of their songs never had much variety though; waste of some potential there.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 23:18   Link #28
Tranhieu

Personally I prefer their songs written by Kz (Livetune) to the current ones, except for Colorful. They sounded too mainstream to me after switching from Kz.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 18:50   Link #29
Preciize
Them Feels~

Like others, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope Alice will come back someday after her studies, though it'll probably taking a few years at least. Really liked their songs from Nisekoi and Oreimo >.<
Old 2014-06-02, 15:52   Link #30
K. Yamato
Sae's Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to K. Yamato
NOOOO!!!! I LOVE ClariS!!! ;-;

Please visit my museum here at AnimeSuki ^^ Here
K. Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 23:04   Link #31
takai
Easy Muffin

Such a shame. They are terrific and talented singers and I've loved their work since Oreimo, and I've really enjoyed their most recent work on Nisekoi.

Hopefully they can come back together and make more of their great music.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 01:41   Link #32
LoveYouSaber

It's a pity. I love their first OP for Nisekoi, and I admire them for being able to carry on so long with both school and singing at the same time. As some have said before, it's almost like a story you find in mangas.

Also hoping that they can come back together later on.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 22:26   Link #33
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

In the first stanza of the song "Connect", which voice is Alice and which voice is Clara? One of them sings the first two lines and the other sings the last two.

Old 2014-06-07, 22:44   Link #34
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
In the first stanza of the song "Connect", which voice is Alice and which voice is Clara? One of them sings the first two lines and the other sings the last two.
Allow me, the biggest ClariS fan of AS to answer that.

Ahem:

In the stanza of Connect it's Clara that sings first than Alice second. They somewhat sound the same when they sing the choruses and stanzas together at times, but there's a slight difference between the two if you haven't picked up on it. Clara has the softer voice while Alice is a little deeper than the latter.

Well hope that helps.
Old 2014-06-08, 22:03   Link #35
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

That's a pity, I preferred the second voice (Alice) because it's clearer while the first voice (Clara) seemed to mash the words a little bit.

Old 2014-06-16, 06:03   Link #36
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQq5e2pRSdA

They're not disbanding. Maybe they'll find a new Alice. It is even a secret to their classmates that they're ClariS WTF. And yeah...Alice is going to take college entrance exams hence the "graduation".
Old 2014-06-16, 07:52   Link #37
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That box Clara is going to go places isn't it...

*awaits Pixiv offerings*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 19:32   Link #38
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I forgot about this thread. As the biggest ClariS fan of AS I ought to be ashamed. None the less. I'm here to announce what could be the biggest bit of ClariS news since Alice's departure from the group (which still makes me sad!). But I've posted it today on my ClariS Appreciation Club - News and Announcements page. So if anyone interested feel free to stop by and leave a message.
Old 2014-10-30, 08:07   Link #39
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I forgot about this thread. As the biggest ClariS fan of AS I ought to be ashamed. None the less. I'm here to announce what could be the biggest bit of ClariS news since Alice's departure from the group (which still makes me sad!). But I've posted it today on my ClariS Appreciation Club - News and Announcements page. So if anyone interested feel free to stop by and leave a message.
For those of you who don't want to bother clicking the link its basically ClariS found a new member.

With that being said this is really fucking weird. ClariS is supposed to be two broettes making it in the music business incognito. With a new member joining how do we know if she'll have the same chemistry? Is she just some idol shoehorned into the spot? If that is the case will she approve of not appearing in RL ever? Will this lead to us know what ClariS look like? We shall see......
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 10:52   Link #40
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

They revealed the new drawings. Alice 2.0 looks the same

Their new song "Clear Sky" was leaked on YT but it got taken down instantly. Fuck this shit.