AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist Favorite Characters Poll
Edward Elric 114 54.55%
Alphonse Elric 60 28.71%
Winry Rockbell 70 33.49%
Roy Mustang 117 55.98%
Riza Hawkeye 96 45.93%
Maes Hughes 68 32.54%
Alex Louis Armstrong 43 20.57%
Izumi Curtis 38 18.18%
Scar 28 13.40%
Lust 29 13.88%
Gluttony 7 3.35%
Envy 32 15.31%
Greed 49 23.44%
Wrath/King Bradley 47 22.49%
Other 22 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-29, 19:31   Link #41
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

It's Lin not Ling ^^;
Old 2009-07-29, 20:32   Link #42
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Probably around episode 30, or late 20s.
It'll probably be better if the second poll is at the end of the show, since this way it will cover all the remaining characters. Otherwise we would need 3 polls which is a little too much.

I think character polls should be done at the end of the show anyway - just like with overall show impressions, the impressions of the characters should be based on their entire performance.
Old 2009-07-30, 00:16   Link #43
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
It'll probably be better if the second poll is at the end of the show, since this way it will cover all the remaining characters. Otherwise we would need 3 polls which is a little too much.

I think character polls should be done at the end of the show anyway - just like with overall show impressions, the impressions of the characters should be based on their entire performance.
Oh but that will be way too long . After an anime is over there are less people interested in it. So its better to have polls when the series are still running. After 30 episodes sounds good to me.
Old 2009-07-30, 06:38   Link #44
Vicious108

Episode 28 should be the end of Brotherhood's second season, if we're to assume it has the same length as season one, so I'd say it'd be a good time to have a new poll with all the new characters that'll have been introduced by then.

Too bad we'll still be missing a couple of awesome ones, but those can join in in the following poll, which should probably be the final one. And I agree with Krazzy Angel, it's better to have polls while the show is on-going otherwise there won't be as much interest.
Old 2009-07-30, 07:15   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Why would it be to much?

There's a lot of characters that are still to be introduced in this series. Three polls will do the job.
Old 2009-07-30, 08:52   Link #46
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's Lin not Ling ^^;
The offical website says Ling Yao ^^

http://www.hagaren.jp/characters/index01.html
Old 2009-07-30, 08:54   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yep Ling is the official translation of his name, as mentioned in the official character guide book.
Old 2009-07-30, 09:19   Link #48
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
The offical website says Ling Yao ^^

http://www.hagaren.jp/characters/index01.html
Is there any official site of Fullmetal Alchemist in english or french?
Old 2009-07-30, 15:38   Link #49
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Yep Ling is the official translation of his name, as mentioned in the official character guide book.
Then why in the manga it's Lin ?
Old 2009-07-30, 17:38   Link #50
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
Oh but that will be way too long . After an anime is over there are less people interested in it. So its better to have polls when the series are still running. After 30 episodes sounds good to me.
Well, the final impressions poll about the anime is taken after the anime is over and there are people interested in it. Besides, it's good to make a character poll based on their performance in the entire series - otherwise it is biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Episode 28 should be the end of Brotherhood's second season, if we're to assume it has the same length as season one, so I'd say it'd be a good time to have a new poll with all the new characters that'll have been introduced by then.

Too bad we'll still be missing a couple of awesome ones, but those can join in in the following poll, which should probably be the final one. And I agree with Krazzy Angel, it's better to have polls while the show is on-going otherwise there won't be as much interest.
Then why not make the next poll after all the characters are introduced. It just seems too much to me to make a new poll for just 2 characters.

Quote:
Why would it be to much?

There's a lot of characters that are still to be introduced in this series. Three polls will do the job.
The more polls there are, the less clear-cut the information becomes. Unless the poll results are consistent, it will be hard to gauge the characters' real popularity if the results vary by poll.

I guess the best way to interpret them is to look at the last poll as the true results and all the ones behind it as just temporary statistics...

Two polls worked just fine for Soul Eater and it was 51 episodes long, which is probably how long this series will be.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:45   Link #51
Sannom

Quote:
Actually, the character guide book and Japanese volumes list his name as Lin Yao, I don't understand what they did in Brotherhood...
Old 2009-07-31, 01:55   Link #52
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Quote:
Well, the final impressions poll about the anime is taken after the anime is over and there are people interested in it. Besides, it's good to make a character poll based on their performance in the entire series - otherwise it is biased.
Well there could be a poll after each season, thus there will be a final poll after the series are completed.
There would be polls while the anime is still airing and when one it is finished.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:56   Link #53
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i like the small panda
Old 2009-07-31, 14:19   Link #54
Plasma.

Lust only got 9 votes?

Shes one of the best characters in the series!
Old 2009-07-31, 20:03   Link #55
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma. View Post
Lust only got 9 votes?

The villains in general don't seem to get as much love around here. And it's a shame, cause they do their role very well.
Old 2009-07-31, 23:08   Link #56
Sannom

Quote:
Lot of manga readers here Lust just... can't keep the distance
Old 2009-08-01, 06:59   Link #57
Kirarakim

Quote:
The villains in general don't seem to get as much love around here. And it's a shame, cause they do their role very well.

As far as villains go I am very fond of the FMA ones but they are very far from my favorite characters. I've always been more of a person who prefers the good guys in stories. In fact if my favorite characters are villains that is usually a sign that I am not a big fan of the series.
Old 2009-08-01, 10:44   Link #58
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
As far as villains go I am very fond of the FMA ones but they are very far from my favorite characters. I've always been more of a person who prefers the good guys in stories. In fact if my favorite characters are villains that is usually a sign that I am not a big fan of the series.
Funny, it's almost the other way around for me, since more often than not, villains are the ones that make the story for me. They're the ones who create the interesting conflicts and confrontations and plots and whatnot, so I usually find them to be the most interesting characters around.

But in FMA's case, I actually like the heroes equally, which just goes to show how good they are.
Old 2009-08-01, 10:52   Link #59
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I think a poll after the second cour/season is finished and same with the third one will be about right.. than we can have a Final Character Poll a few weeks after the show is over.
Old 2009-10-20, 09:08   Link #60
Ziziphus
Whatever

Wow, Roy made it!! He and Ed tie for 1st place now! (47/80 votes)

I'm still rooting for Ed to pass Roy but well, the man deserves it!