AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-07, 00:25   Link #121
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think there are lots of male tsundere. The tsun may be more tsuntsun and the dere less deredere, but still.... I think Sugawara and Hiro are surprisingly similar. Just maybe.... I think she'd prefer him to Tanaka, anyway. They're like two directions she could go. But Yamashiro (her present bf) is the nicest guy of the three.

I enjoyed ep3, which features the fat guy in the office, Kobayashi, whose specialties in the magazine are the food articles and the pics of girls. And who, amazingly enough, is played by Ueda Yuuji, who was Morita in Honey & Clover (also Joey in The Third, Takeshi in Pokemon, Keitarou in Love Hina, and the Chairman in Genshiken).

I just watched the sub of ep2, and in at least two of the three cases that the word "b***h" was used (I couldn't hear the other one clearly), the Japanese was konna onna: "this kind of woman." It was a reasonable translation decision, based on his general attitude and his use of the expletive "shit," just earlier, but he isn't really calling her a b***h all the time. But he even admits to himself that he may have been so angry with her quitting his department because he liked her and wanted her to stay. Watching this a second time, I really started to like the Cameraman, actually.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-07 at 02:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 11:04   Link #122
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I just watched the sub of ep2, and in at least two of the three cases that the word "b***h" was used (I couldn't hear the other one clearly), the Japanese was konna onna: "this kind of woman." It was a reasonable translation decision, based on his general attitude and his use of the expletive "shit," just earlier, but he isn't really calling her a b***h all the time. But he even admits to himself that he may have been so angry with her quitting his department because he liked her and wanted her to stay. Watching this a second time, I really started to like the Cameraman, actually.
"konna onna" as "bitch" came from a combination of his own attitude, plus the general level of speach of his internal monologue. Generally "konna" in a context like this serves more as an emphasizer than its meaning as "such a" or "this kind"
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 11:23   Link #123
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
"konna onna" as "bitch" came from a combination of his own attitude, plus the general level of speech of his internal monologue. Generally "konna" in a context like this serves more as an emphasizer than its meaning as "such a" or "this kind"
Yeah. It was a "reasonable translation decision," as I said. It's just that someone earlier talked about him saying "b***h" all the time, and I didn't know a direct translation in Japanese and couldn't remember it from the raw, so I checked. I just wanted to talk about the nuance. I certainly didn't mean to criticize the translation. My Japanese isn't as good as the translator's.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 19:14   Link #124
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Yeah, I was thinking that he protested too strongly about how he doesn't like her.
Agree if he doesnt like her he could have just said shes a bitch i dont like her. But he kept harping on and on about her. The more he thought about her the more pissed of he got. Theres something else going on plus they have a history at another job where she left and now he hates her ????????????????sounds suspcious to me
Old 2006-11-07, 23:09   Link #125
outlaw97

There's a fine line between love and hate, and I think he's stumbling over that line a couple times without realizing it.

But glad I wasn't the only one to question his language! I think the source of his annoyance is that she's one of the few who realize how thankless this kind of job is, and yet, she left. Sort of like a kindred spirit, if only in career.

Having said that though, there wasn't enough in episode 2 for me to feel any chemistry between them. Maybe a few more episodes down the line will fix that.

Speaking of which, any idea if this is a 13 or 26 episode series? If it's going to be focusing on different themes and situations in the workplace, seems like it'd be more suited to 13...
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 23:14   Link #126
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
Speaking of which, any idea if this is a 13 or 26 episode series? If it's going to be focusing on different themes and situations in the workplace, seems like it'd be more suited to 13...
11 episodes, actually.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 02:14   Link #127
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

11? That's just toooo short. I figured on at least 13!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 00:23   Link #128
crealism

Sorry if this has been asked before, but my Quicktime doesn't seem to play the subbed files by Arienai. There's sound but there's no images. Tried DixV, VLC, and WMP but they all don't work. Help!
crealism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 01:12   Link #129
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by crealism View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but my Quicktime doesn't seem to play the subbed files by Arienai. There's sound but there's no images. Tried DixV, VLC, and WMP but they all don't work. Help!
We've got a forum for Playback Help.

First read the sticky thread: [READ ME FIRST] How do I get this fansub to play? Odds are that if you follow those instructions all fansubs on AnimeSuki will play perfectly, including this one.

Do not post any further requests for playback help in this thread. Post them in the Playback Help Forum.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 04:08   Link #130
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
Just a little fun for you guys, one of my students showed me a Hataraki Man Fortune Telling Special here.

Hataraki Man Fortune Telling Special

You can see just how "Hataraki" you are, and see which Hatarakiman you are most like, according to your birthdate! Let us know your results! <3
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 06:34   Link #131
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mippa View Post
Just a little fun for you guys, one of my students showed me a Hataraki Man Fortune Telling Special here.

Hataraki Man Fortune Telling Special

You can see just how "Hataraki" you are, and see which Hatarakiman you are most like, according to your birthdate! Let us know your results! <3
You know, mippa, not everyone can read japanese... Maybe you could translate the questions for everyone?

You also have a typo in the link (an extra .)
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 06:42   Link #132
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by crealism View Post

That's how I view Quicktime as a format and as a player. It was hard enough finding anime when I started watching it, but it was impossible to find anime series encoded in QT. Its compatibility with other players is zilch. Nada. Nothing. It's just a piece of crap format that even the guys at doom9 hate it a fucking lot - it failed even simple tests in encoding.

I'm not an expert in video formats or in encoding as people like checkers or TheFluff, but I know that it sucks as a format.

To be on-topic, just download CCCP here. That's your definitive executable package that more or less assures playability of many different video formats; what's better is that it isn't limited to anime!
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 11:46   Link #133
Ishimaru-kun
My one and only

Send a message via AIM to Ishimaru-kun Send a message via MSN to Ishimaru-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Ishimaru-kun
Even though it's mp4, doesn't make it Quicktime. It's h264 in a mp4 container. Download CCCP and use Media Player Classic and it should work just fine.
Old 2006-11-10, 16:07   Link #134
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

For some reason, whenever i see Matsukata's 'game face', i start to hum some of the BGM's from Phoenix Wright.. its just that feeling i get.

Anyway, 11 episodes does make sense when you think about the style of show its taking to people just from the second episode. Of course i'd be doing back-flips if it was 26 episodes.. but thats just something i can't see happening even before i didn't know the series length.

I really liked Sugawara in the second episode - his sense of life was something i could easily respect.. even if it did take a while to understand. Having Nakai Kazuya has his VA was the right choice if you ask me - fits the nature of the character perfectly.

Now.. i'll say this once, i really need more Kaji. ;_;
Old 2006-11-11, 06:07   Link #135
Siegel Clyne

Hataraki Man Featured in Japanese Girl Idol Magazine

In the current issue (No. 11/23, Release Date: 2006/11/09) of the Japanese gravure idol magazine Sabra, one of the special features focuses on anime series NANA, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Hataraki Man, and Major.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2006-11-11 at 06:33.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 19:03   Link #136
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, I liked episode 5 a lot more than the previous one, even though it was quite important, from my point of view, to see that episode about Shinji's life. Still, it was a bit... monotonous.

On the contrary, episode 5 was bursting with a lot more life, since this time around Hiroko teamed up with Mayu-chan in order to do Mayu's first proposal (an article about Mayu's favourite writer).

As usual, Hataraki Man tries to give a sort of a "real life lesson" about journalism and approaching one's work. I think we've already seen that with the previous episodes, but rather than have it focused on Hiroko, this one approached the issue from Mayu's perspective. It was... exciting. 8)

Mayu's expressions are a lot more open than Hiro's. Whereas Hiro's personality is very tsundere (with a lot of tsuntsun), Mayu laughs and cries easily, without bottling up and without translating pent up stress into bitchiness (as is the case with Hiro). I thought it was an interesting change of perspective.

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-11-11 at 19:33.
Old 2006-11-11, 19:28   Link #137
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Hmm...I think you mean ep. 5, right?

Yep, I like this episode way better than the previous one. Can't say why though, it just felt exciting.

I have a question about this episode.
Spoiler for ep5:
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 19:34   Link #138
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I think she was just Hiro's girlfriend.
Old 2006-11-11, 19:39   Link #139
tritoch

The guy asking for the playback help said he tried VCL. But doesn't VLC have the h264 codec built in?
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 14:03   Link #140
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
I think she was just Hiro's girlfriend.
I thought the woman said something about their newpaper/publisher won't accept the writer's work, and that she will let Hiro "teach" her for a bit before accepting her work again. Not really sure about that (maybe I misunderstood). That's why I think she's from the publisher. In that case, why would Hiro talk to her about Mayu? Maybe she's the publisher, and also Hiro's friend.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, office, seinen