AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-21, 22:03   Link #561
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
and that's why your missing something the ice fossils ability refrigerate turns normal attacks into ICE attacks
Ah yes, sorry, forgot about that.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 03:42   Link #562
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exthiel View Post
That still doesn't mean anything in the face of superior stats. The fact that it's a Rock/Ice pokemon means it's total prey for anything with a decent attack and Fighting and Steel type moves. Scizor with Bullet Punch and Lucario and Conkeldurrs, which infest the competitive game, will steam roll it. Your also forgetting that all the competitive Dragon's have superior speed and pack a move that covers their weakness. Garchomp with Yache Berry comes to mind. Chance are they'll take it down with one shot before it can even do anything.

On the other note, they really could have just turned Charizard into a dragon. Just give it Fire/Dragon and slap it with Levitate will prob make the fans go wild but I guess having Drought makes it better too.
well I did say that the only thing that wouldn't make it a powerhouse is the stats but it doesn't matter for now point is the thing is good
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 22:27   Link #563
MAX_COLA_POWER!

This is why I think it's best not to involve competition in a game like this, because if you're gonna play the game based on whatever stats come from some tournament, then you might as well admit that you are a net trainer and that your party has no unpredictability whatsoever. Sure you'll win battles, but think about this, did YOU really win, or did the trainer you copied the party from did? If you don't like the competition scene, DON'T GET INVOLVED IN IT AND JUST PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS! SET YOUR OWN RULES! CHALLENGE EACH OTHER YOUR OWN WAY! DON'T JUST THROW AWAY A POKÉMON JUST BECAUSE, oh MegaCharizard's cool, but stealth rock so no thanks, Oh, Aurorus is sweet, but fighting and steel, so can't use it anymore. Seriously if you're gonna let something like that ruin your good time with the game, don't buy the damn thing in the first place. At least you'll save your money.
Old 2013-09-24, 22:29   Link #564
ImperialFlameGod8190

well said franky enjoy the game for what it is and the competition is a bonus
Old 2013-09-24, 22:36   Link #565
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I think I liked it better when people were still mad at Fairy types for turning Dragon types mortal and dropping them from their Aizen-tier level-v-;;. Hell, it kinda makes me laugh when someone says, oh they should've made this pokémon a dragon type, when they conveniently forget, uhm, fairy type, that is all. In fact, why aren't people complaining about Steel types losing 2 of their not effective protections? Is it because if it doesn't do Time Roar and isn't a reptile that it loses relevance?
Old 2013-09-25, 05:49   Link #566
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Hell, it kinda makes me laugh when someone says, oh they should've made this pokémon a dragon type, when they conveniently forget, uhm, fairy type, that is all.
Assuming you're talking about Charizard, I'd much rather be weak to fairy than rock. Unless they make "Stealth Fairy" or some such nonsense fairy-based entry hazard like Stealth Rock, at least.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 12:45   Link #567
Homura7

I knew this game was missing a Magnemite-type evolution.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 12:55   Link #568
GDB

Except this one makes sense, as it appears to be creating a Coat of Arms.

Also, pretty annoyed that they aren't showing more exclusives. It's like they're either hoping people buy immediately and double dip to get the one they really wanted, or don't care about the prospect of people waiting for more information.

I'm guessing on the former, since they know many are part of the "NOW NOW NOW" group of fans. Though with Black/White leaving a bad taste in so many people's mouths, that thought process could be a double edged sword.
Old 2013-09-25, 13:49   Link #569
Homura7

Well, if it helps you here's new info from PokeBeach:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 14:03   Link #570
GDB

None of that's about what's exclusive to X or Y. Thanks for the info though, hadn't seen that yet.
Old 2013-09-25, 15:08   Link #571
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.
that could be interesting to use and annoying at the same time
Old 2013-09-25, 15:34   Link #572
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post

I knew this game was missing a Magnemite-type evolution.
I ain't afraid to say it, I'm hoping for a Santoryu second stage evo. And as to Charizard, so apparently there's preference to what type a pokémon can be weak to because of street cred? Jeez, I wonder if Dark types and Psychic types had to go through this when Bug types came by and raped them?
Old 2013-09-25, 15:47   Link #573
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
And as to Charizard, so apparently there's preference to what type a pokémon can be weak to because of street cred? Jeez, I wonder if Dark types and Psychic types had to go through this when Bug types came by and raped them?
What? I'm just stating that being weak to rock is awful for your secondary typing due to stealth rock, and that's made even worse when your primary typing is weak to it. That's 50% of your HP drained each time you switch into Stealth Rock. Who wouldn't want to exchange that for a typing that doesn't have an entry hazard that we know of? Especially when your primary typing already resists it, meaning at worst you take neutral damage.

It has nothing to do with street cred and everything to do with logic based on known moves and weaknesses to mitigate damage and increase viability of gameplay.
Old 2013-09-25, 16:34   Link #574
Shadow5YA

At least Charizard's mega form is undoubtedly better, unlike Venusaur who would rather keep Chlorophyll from its regular form.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 16:45   Link #575
Exthiel
A Romaticist

To be fair you can choose to Mega Evolve anyway so, depending on the situation, you can choose to keep Chlorophyll. Also, Mega Venusaur's Thick Fat is very helpful as it removes he's weakness to Fire and Ice so it's kinda a nice balance.
Old 2013-09-26, 15:36   Link #576
Kreceir

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-26, 21:23   Link #577
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
At least Charizard's mega form is undoubtedly better, unlike Venusaur who would rather keep Chlorophyll from its regular form.
chlorophyll boosts his speed but any fire moves will butcher it. With thick fat vensuar not only resists fire types but ice types so defensively its a tank outside of sunlight
Old 2013-09-27, 12:21   Link #578
Kreceir

Images
MEGA Kangaskhan Personification.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-27, 13:37   Link #579
GDB

Reminds me of that Cattelyna woman or whatever he name was from Queen's Blade.
Old 2013-09-27, 22:26   Link #580
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the one with the kid and huge sword? Yea same here.

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg