AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-12, 03:47   Link #2721
iceyfw

just watched 2 episodes of this and i can already tell that... kazuma is indeed a badass. it's a relief since so many main protagonist leads these days cant make a fast decision or be cool-headed like him. or they're just plain weak in the start and somehow gets a "powerup" later on. but no, kaze no stigma is totally different in introducing its main protagonist.

i too also wish for the authors health to get better so the novels will continue. sigh... KnS is another one of those great titles, but takes years to finish like Berserk, Guyver (.....), Gantz, Mirai Nikki, Spice and Wolf, and so fourth.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 09:21   Link #2722
Dark Mage

Can anyone please tell me where I can read this Kaze No Stigma scanlated novel online. Is there any romance in this novel between Ayano and Kazuma? Like in the Anime they both admitted their feelings for each other so do they feel the same way for each other in the novel? Has the mangaka stopped writing this novel coz I heard he fell sick? So is it still being serialized? Do Kazuma and Ayano actually kiss in the anime?

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2008-12-16 at 14:46.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 09:20   Link #2723
Raiyushi
Yami No Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Raiyushi Send a message via MSN to Raiyushi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Can anyone please tell me where I can read this Kaze No Stigma scanlated novel online. Is there any romance in this novel between Ayano and Kazuma? Like in the Anime they both admitted their feelings for each other so do they feel the same way for each other in the novel? Has the mangaka stopped writing this novel coz I heard he fell sick? So is it still being serialized? Do Kazuma and Ayano actually kiss in the anime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
Too bad about the author.. I hope he is better by now. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he releases something like 4-5 main novels in a very short amount of time when/if he gets out of the hospital.

Reading Baka-Tsuki translation of the novels and then comparing it to the anime makes me want to scream in pure frustration though. Especially the combat scenes.. the Ruuya battle really, really sucked in the anime while in the novel you really get the sense what bad a$$'s Ruuya and Kazuma actually are. Why can't Gonzo follow the fight scene in the novel?
Possibly Baka-Tsuki. http://www.baka-tsuki.net
Old 2008-12-19, 08:10   Link #2724
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
just watched 2 episodes of this and i can already tell that... kazuma is indeed a badass. it's a relief since so many main protagonist leads these days cant make a fast decision or be cool-headed like him. or they're just plain weak in the start and somehow gets a "powerup" later on. but no, kaze no stigma is totally different in introducing its main protagonist.

i too also wish for the authors health to get better so the novels will continue. sigh... KnS is another one of those great titles, but takes years to finish like Berserk, Guyver (.....), Gantz, Mirai Nikki, Spice and Wolf, and so fourth.
Certainly one thing I liked with this series was Kazuma. The guy starts the series pretty much as the most powerful guy there . He's powerful and he knows it. Of course has flaws like anyone but just liked how he didn't need to get powered up and was already good right at the start.
Old 2009-01-16, 14:43   Link #2725
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

damn... i missed this series... we need more of those badass male protagonists, and not these generic wussies xD
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 14:49   Link #2726
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Haven't yet finished off the series, but I'm intending to soon enough, and then buy the DVD's when they come out... This is certainly one of the best series I've ever seen, and that's probably because it's from when Gonzo was still good (they've turned to crap these days)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 15:06   Link #2727
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

well gonzo was kinda crappy to begin with, take chrno crusade as an example xD
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 15:28   Link #2728
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Chrono Crusade wasn't half bad... GONZO has never been the best studio, but at least they were decent. These days... well, if you've ever seen Dragonauts or Rosario to Vampire, then you should know what I mean

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 15:39   Link #2729
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Well i only wished they would do a season 2 of Kaze no stigma, because not only was it populer, but also it had so much potential.

I would cry to heavens if a S2 if ANN will announce kaze no stigma s2 will come out.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 00:08   Link #2730
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaerstan01 View Post
well gonzo was kinda crappy to begin with, take chrno crusade as an example xD
Well overall I liked Chrno Crusade so probably wouldn't use it as an example against Gonzo. Except really hating how they ended it.

Kaze no Stigma is probably an example of something that was good but could have been done much better. Like giving them more budget for animation instead of diverting much more to that Romeo and Juliet show they did. Sure animation quality isn't everything, but it really couldn't have hurt. I still remember that weird dragon thing they fought against early. Also could have handled Ayano's character better.
Old 2009-01-22, 14:13   Link #2731
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wait for a season 2 , pray for that !!!
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 15:39   Link #2732
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

have the author start writing again? last time i heard he was sick.
Old 2009-01-24, 19:55   Link #2733
bleachnut

I really loved Kaze no Stigma!!! It ranks as one of my top 3 fave animes, next to Bleach and Kekkaishi. Too many people complain about stuff that doesn't even matter. I loved the fights, I loved Ayano, and I loved the interactions and the way the entire series was handled. My LEAST favorite part about the anime was Tsoi Rin (sp?) and her past with Kazuma. Everything with Ayano & Kazuma I just adored! If only I could get some of those scenes in Bleach with IchiRuki!

IchiRuki fanfic, including an arranged marriage! AU!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4219201/1/
bleachnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 04:29   Link #2734
Dark Mage

So do you guys think that Ayano has replaced Tsui Rin in Kazuma's heart at the end? Because its clear that Ayano definitely loves Kazuma although she still doesnt seem to know herself that her feelings for Kazuma at the end? But what I dont get is Kazuma's feelings for Ayano at the end? any thoughts anyone? Or do you guys think Kazuma and Ayano just considers themselves partners in fighting against demons and nothing more?

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-01-25 at 13:19.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 13:51   Link #2735
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah Ayano love Kazuma ! But for Kazuma , i think he still love Rin but he feels somethings to Ayano too . Its why , they should make a S2
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 18:17   Link #2736
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Think its tough to replace someone inside another's heart. But do think Ayano is getting a place within Kazuma's heart. Don't see why he can't love Ayano regardless of his feelings for Rin. Have faith things will be fine for Ayano at the end of the day.

At the end of the series I think it's moving in the direction of love. It's certainly not at the extreme of just a working relationship. Of course don't think it's quite at the other extreme yet either since that would probably be left for the end of the source material.

Certainly all for a season two when there is some more material to work with.
Old 2009-05-06, 22:23   Link #2737
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

According to ANN the first dvd comes out on 06-30 and will have eppys 1-12 on it.
Old 2009-05-30, 23:00   Link #2738
pkmnmaster

I'm also seriously hoping for a second season. Badass male leads are much cooler than the weak pussy guys who end up becoming stronger. It also made the romance between Kazuma and Ayano very... fun for lack of a better word. Anyone know any other anime with a cool, strong main character? The only others I can think of are Chrome Shelled Regios and Darker Than Black (which I also definitely want a second season of).
pkmnmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 01:35   Link #2739
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Here's the english cast from ANN

Cherami Leigh as Ayano Kannagi
Robert McCollum as Kazuma Yagami
Brina Palencia as Nanase Kudou
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Kirika Tachibana
Joel McDonald as Michael Harley
Josh Grelle as Ren Kannagi
Kate Oxley as Yukari Shinomiya
Leah Clark as Tsui-Ling
Mark Stoddard as Genma Kannagi
R Bruce Elliott as Jugo Kannagi
Sean Hennigan as Hyoue Kazamaki (Ep. 1-5)
Old 2009-06-24, 18:31   Link #2740
Manic
real men love pink

going back to gonzo the thing i hate about them is they tend to change things needlessly. Like in black cat they took out some of the best parts of the manga, like his rail gun and then they left off the awesome epilogue in the anime and added 4 horrid filler eps.

The with kaze they changed kazuma he was alot darker in the books, and they changed a few other details as well. I just hate when studios do that.

on the the love triangle. Her loving him is obv as for kazuma like someone said before he is starting to fall in lover with her, but its difficult for him to move on given his dark past. If they ever do finish I'd bet anything they end up together.

Tags
fantasy, shounen