AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-03-30, 11:39   Link #4021
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
(I'm American, she's an exchange student)
My bad, are there no buses/trains/means of mass transportation in America?
Quote:
P.S : That little girl asked me to go to her house on Friday night to help her study. I am sure she knows of my shitty grades back in junior college, so this is rather suspicious. Should I go?
Unlike everyone else who just has to sexually connect the matter, I'll tell you to go. You will be deciding how it goes, it's even easier if her HW is a cakewalk for you. Explain what she doesn't know, stick to the script and take your chance to leave (gotta be back home early or whatever) if you want to.
Quote:
They shut them all down for "corrupting the youth" or something like that.
What about internet cafes? :O Although they're not cheap unless you're a member and get a package...girls I've asked find counterstrike with their dates a very "bonding" thing, but the ones I asked were already into gaming,so~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 11:49   Link #4022
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
My bad, are there no buses/trains/means of mass transportation in America?
Taxi fare is ridiculous so nope.

Quote:
What about internet cafes? :O Although they're not cheap unless you're a member and get a package...girls I've asked find counterstrike with their dates a very "bonding" thing, but the ones I asked were already into gaming,so~
None. Seriously. This place blows. And she's not into video gaming or anime or anything like that. In other words, exact opposite of me. In a Venn diagram, the overlapping region probably would include "international culture" and, uhhm, "languages" and... Well I think that's it. Guhh...
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 12:10   Link #4023
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
My wallet budget is under $20, so I'm pretty sure almost anything would strain it. But that's a good idea I hadn't really thought about.
Walk in the park, rollerblade in a park. Go bicycling. Look up online for free things going on in your area. Meetup.com is a decent place, and can help you two find an anime group to go to, or any other kind of group.

Let me post a few sites with decent information:
http://dating.lovetoknow.com/Free_Date_Ideas
http://www.betterbudgeting.com/artic...rugaldates.htm
http://www.ecosalon.com/the-economy-...ee-date-ideas/
http://www.coolestdates.com/

Look 'em over, and you can probably get some good ideas. =)
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 12:13   Link #4024
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Ever considered that perhaps she says that kinda thing about you because you told her she looks cute when she's angry?
She declared me as her personal punching bag during my school days. Apparently it still holds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You know, something as serious as this is one of the rare occasions where it is okay for you to get rough with the tsundere if she goes unreasonable on you. If you know you're not in the wrong, insist on that fact at her. Hard, if you have to.
I fought with her hand-to-hand once. After I slapped her sister. I could have won if she didn't knee me between the legs. But I fell on top of her, so I guess it is a draw.

Quote:
I'll never understand what people see in RL tsunderes, myself. Can't stand them.
Like their anime counterparts, beneath their insecurity lies a certain kind of cuteness. But it also depends on which kind of tsundere though : this one is a semi-ojou-maybe-lesbian-kind-hearted-shotacon type. From what I can see, most other kinds of tsunderes out there are attention whores and rather bitchy, but this one is an exception.

From my observation, they are generally, IRL, high maintenance, impatient, foul-tempered, show opposite facial expressions to their real feelings and are more overt in their reactions, rarely sarcastic. Minus off the last point and you get a bitch.

Quote:
Dude, don't tell me, tell her.
I told her before. She wouldn't listen and thinks that I am some sort of WMD to her sis. She threatened me with a stitch unpicker once.

Quote:
If you want to lose your cherry, of course.
I thought I am supposed to be the one popping hers.

Quote:
Unlike everyone else who just has to sexually connect the matter, I'll tell you to go. You will be deciding how it goes, it's even easier if her HW is a cakewalk for you. Explain what she doesn't know, stick to the script and take your chance to leave (gotta be back home early or whatever) if you want to.
I agreed. Hope this plays out well enough that I won't do anything hanky-panky and ruin her future.

I have no idea what she sees in a loser like me though. Maybe she is emotionally insecure and desperate? Wish I knew.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 12:46   Link #4025
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I have no idea what she sees in a loser like me though. Maybe she is emotionally insecure and desperate? Wish I knew.
It only matters if you're interested in her, otherwise don't think about it too much.
Old 2010-03-30, 13:11   Link #4026
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
I'll never understand what people see in RL tsunderes, myself. Can't stand them.
If she was just cranky most of the time but otherwise awesome, I could see the appeal.

I guess some people probably also see it as a challenge. Of course, tsunderes are not the only kind of girl that can be challenging... and while "wow, I got her to talk to me loud enough for me to make out what she's saying" probably invokes similar feelings of accomplishment to "wow, I got her to talk to me without jabbing my ribs with a kendo stick", the price of failure is much lower for shy girls than tsunderes.

I don't know, appeal of living dangerously, maybe?

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 15:46   Link #4027
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Taxi fare is ridiculous so nope.
Taxis aren't quite Mass Transportation. Buses, trains, subways, ELs, etc. are. I'm guessing you're one some small town that doesn't have such things? If so bicycles are a nice alternative.

Quote:
None. Seriously. This place blows. And she's not into video gaming or anime or anything like that. In other words, exact opposite of me. In a Venn diagram, the overlapping region probably would include "international culture" and, uhhm, "languages" and... Well I think that's it. Guhh...
If she's that different from you I wouldn't even consider a relationship in your place. That whole thing about opposites attracting each other isn't quite true. Relationships only work if you share at least some interests imho.

Anyway let me get into my douchebag shoes for a moment: if she's a foreign exchange student you could probably go for a short fling :P
Old 2010-03-30, 16:07   Link #4028
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Taxis aren't quite Mass Transportation. Buses, trains, subways, ELs, etc. are. I'm guessing you're one some small town that doesn't have such things? If so bicycles are a nice alternative.
If only I knew how to ride a bike... T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If she's that different from you I wouldn't even consider a relationship in your place. That whole thing about opposites attracting each other isn't quite true. Relationships only work if you share at least some interests imho.

Anyway let me get into my douchebag shoes for a moment: if she's a foreign exchange student you could probably go for a short fling :P
That's another problem here. Doesn't help that I tell myself to forget about it, successfully do, and then get back where I started when she comes up to me smiling and talking.

Not gonna do a short fling...
Old 2010-03-30, 16:16   Link #4029
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You're selling yourself way too low there. If you really want to know, then I suggest you take her invitation and go to her and ask. It's that simple.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 17:06   Link #4030
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Why don't you ask her?
Old 2010-03-30, 17:23   Link #4031
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
If only I knew how to ride a bike... T_T
There's a date idea. Learn to ride a bicycle together. Or if she knows how, have her teach you. ^_~
Old 2010-03-30, 17:25   Link #4032
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
There's a date idea. Learn to ride a bicycle together. Or if she knows how, have her teach you. ^_~
That'd be interesting. XD How much do bikes go for anyway?
Old 2010-03-30, 17:34   Link #4033
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
That'd be interesting. XD How much do bikes go for anyway?
Varies, based on what kind of model and whether it's new or used. You might not be able to afford a new one, but maybe someone can lend you some, or you can search craigslist for a used one?
Old 2010-03-30, 18:59   Link #4034
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
I told her before. She wouldn't listen and thinks that I am some sort of WMD to her sis. She threatened me with a stitch unpicker once.

Wow, that is pretty unreasonable. I'm not even sure what the game here is anymore. Did you put it to her in an easily misunderstood way? Or does she simply not believe what you say?

Maybe she wants you to hook up with the imouto?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 21:58   Link #4035
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Maybe she wants to get all of them involved in one big threesome?
Old 2010-03-30, 23:31   Link #4036
yoropa
Director

That would be awkward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Varies, based on what kind of model and whether it's new or used. You might not be able to afford a new one, but maybe someone can lend you some, or you can search craigslist for a used one?
I think if I can't afford a date above $20 without starving then I won't be able to afford a bike. XD I still have my childhood tricycle though... I wonder if I fit on that.

Anyway this is all presuming that something actually leads me to asking her (my vote is: insanity) and then her somehow actually saying yes (a second vote to: insanity) which I don't think is a high chance.

Granted she did call me oppa... Guhhhhh I'm going to try to sleep and forget about this.
Old 2010-03-30, 23:34   Link #4037
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
It only matters if you're interested in her, otherwise don't think about it too much.
She is like a cute little sister to me. A little too helplessly cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I don't know, appeal of living dangerously, maybe?
My insurance isn't enough to cover that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
You're selling yourself way too low there. If you really want to know, then I suggest you take her invitation and go to her and ask. It's that simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Why don't you ask her?
The only thing I am worried about is hurting her feelings. Though I am not scared of death or cockroaches, the biggest thing I fear in life is to make a girl cry.

It already breaks my heart to see someone so cute cut herself like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Maybe she wants to get all of them involved in one big threesome?
That sounds like a perfect recipe for disaster. I am the one at the bottom of the food chain you know.

But nah. That sounds too wrong. I will just take the older one if she permits.

Quote:

Wow, that is pretty unreasonable. I'm not even sure what the game here is anymore. Did you put it to her in an easily misunderstood way? Or does she simply not believe what you say?
Well you have to remember that I am the type of guy who is a little too straightforward (politically correct term for shooting off the mouth without thinking). My guess is that for both of us, our relationship is a love-hate one : I hate her for being so loud-mouthed and dominant yet love her for being a loyal friend with a cute angry face, she hates me for being so crude and "untruthful" with my words and constantly teasing her about her way of dressing but likes me for don't know what reason.

Quote:
You know, girls like that are lifetime commitments. Leave her and she goes nuts. The main thing I don't like about the younger one is that she is physically clingy. That is the biggest turn-off for me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 23:41   Link #4038
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Well, RB... I did it. I told her everything and it looks like I'm going to be hated.

Isn't this the way it usually works? You get hated whenever you do the right thing, the hard thing. I could have kept doing the easy thing, kept sublimating my dissatisfaction, continuing to try and change her into someone she's not. But I didn't and I chose to come out with it.

I feel awful, but I couldn't keep forcing her to be someone she's not. I couldn't keep forcing her to fit the kind of girl I want to be with. I just had to stop trying to put the square peg in the round hole, and now I'm being hated for it.

Sigh.

I sometimes wonder if this is my fate. Is there really anyone out there for me, or am I just doomed to be alone forever? Or am I just being a petulant little bitch, complaining about things that don't matter, throwing away something good over something stupid?
Old 2010-03-31, 00:49   Link #4039
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Better to feel bad about it now than regret it in 30 years.
Quote:
The only thing I am worried about is hurting her feelings.
Asking her what she sees in you isn't a question that can hurt other people's feelings, unless you've been together for a long time, resulting in an insult of your relationship...which isn't the case.

v yeah, it's more the kind of self-pitying question that makes them go "aww" -_^

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-03-31 at 04:17.
Old 2010-03-31, 00:58   Link #4040
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
The only thing I am worried about is hurting her feelings. Though I am not scared of death or cockroaches, the biggest thing I fear in life is to make a girl cry.

It already breaks my heart to see someone so cute cut herself like that.
How is a question like "What do you see in me?" going to break her feelings. If anything, and considering she likes you, I think she will be happy that you asked her deep inside.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom