AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 14:41   Link #421
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ But original planning and final execution as we very well know in SHAFT's case usually diverge
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 17:19   Link #422
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ But original planning and final execution as we very well know in SHAFT's case usually diverge
Not in terms of the story structure, though. With the amount of outsourcing involved in anime production, and the amount of episodes being worked on concurrently, it's pretty much impossible to re-organize the way a story will be told mid-stream. Besides, I'm not sure why that story structure would cause you to suspect a problem.
Old 2012-02-03, 19:15   Link #423
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If it's confirmed that Karen Bee would be for 7 episodes, then we might get three ONA episodes for Tsukihi Phoenix.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 02:52   Link #424
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I still believe that it was just a mistake on Shinbou's part when he did the interview and the season is actually 13 episodes long.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 03:46   Link #425
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I still believe that it was just a mistake on Shinbou's part when he did the interview and the season is actually 13 episodes long.
No, errors like that won't make it through to publishing given all the editing/reviews/approvals. Also, if there were going to be 13 episodes, I think there would be 6 Blu-Ray volumes as opposed to 5 (3 vol. Karen Bee, 2 vol. Tsukihi Phoenix). The only way for there to be more would be BD/DVD bonus episodes, I think. Of course, time will tell.
Old 2012-02-04, 03:55   Link #426
Malkuth
Banned

Everything you write is logical, but that still does not explain the fact that one arc is 7 and the other 4 episodes... I am under the impression that both were balanced in the novel.
Old 2012-02-11, 10:36   Link #427
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I'll just leave this here.

Karen Bee=310 pages=7 episodes
Tsukihi Phoenix=312 pages=4 episodes?

It doesn't add up. It just doesn't add up.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:52   Link #428
larethian

I finally caught up with the anime, including episode 6. Karen Bee will definitely end on 7, and there's no way they can do Tsukihi Phoenix in just 4 episodes. Unless, they cut out lots of banter and character development......
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 15:25   Link #429
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, as I said before, it's quite possible that they could be doing the exact same thing as what they did with Bakemonogatari, and having a bunch of extra episodes after the TV broadcast to complete the arc. Remember that Bakemongatari TV had Tsubasa Cat ending with 2 episodes, but it had 5 episodes in total on BD/DVD. So repeating the same pattern wouldn't be at all unexpected.

All they've said so far is that the TV broadcast would be 11 episodes, and so far there appear to be 5 DVD/BD volumes to match those 11 episodes. Beyond that, who knows...
Old 2012-02-11, 19:11   Link #430
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I'll just leave this here.

Karen Bee=310 pages=7 episodes
Tsukihi Phoenix=312 pages=4 episodes?

It doesn't add up. It just doesn't add up.
My point exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, as I said before, it's quite possible that they could be doing the exact same thing as what they did with Bakemonogatari, and having a bunch of extra episodes after the TV broadcast to complete the arc. Remember that Bakemongatari TV had Tsubasa Cat ending with 2 episodes, but it had 5 episodes in total on BD/DVD. So repeating the same pattern wouldn't be at all unexpected.
But for Tsubasa Cat they announced it early enough that the arc would be completed with the three web episodes. For Nisemono there are no such news and hints except our logical conclusions. Maybe they don't say anything because they really messed up their schedule in Bakemonogatari

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
All they've said so far is that the TV broadcast would be 11 episodes, and so far there appear to be 5 DVD/BD volumes to match those 11 episodes. Beyond that, who knows...
I also saw that channels list 12 episodes, but might be an error or false assumption
Old 2012-02-11, 22:25   Link #431
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I also saw that channels list 12 episodes, but might be an error or false assumption
Yeah, you can't interpret that site that way. Those are just placeholder entries that some volunteer put in there -- they don't represent a confirmation from any TV channel. Once a TV channel confirms the final episode, you'll see the "last episode" symbol next to the entry, and that's when it's official. For now, it's not different from the placeholder episode title entries you sometimes see on ANN or other websites.

Quote:
But for Tsubasa Cat they announced it early enough that the arc would be completed with the three web episodes. For Nisemono there are no such news and hints except our logical conclusions. Maybe they don't say anything because they really messed up their schedule in Bakemonogatari
I don't think they actually announced this point that early. IIRC, it was somewhere around the time that the Tsubasa Cat arc started or was airing, which is when they revealed the Blu-Ray/DVD releases for that arc. So far, they're only releasing the Blu-Ray information basically as the related episodes air. So, in any case, they probably won't announce anything until we get closer to that point.

Edit: Okay, I tried looking back to see when exactly it got announced, and can't seem to find the exact moment, but it does seem it was somewhere around half-way through the airing, so the equivalent of about now. Then again, because this is a sequel, they might be keeping things a bit more secretive on purpose. I do agree that, given what happened last time, they probably don't want to be too quick to make any promises as far as dates go.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-02-11 at 22:44.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 01:47   Link #432
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Episode 7 staff:
Episode Director: Tatsuwa Naoyuki
Storyboard: Sasaki Mitsuru
Animation Director: Matsumoto Motoki, Mogi Takuji
Sasaki Mitsuru, in other word, this guy:

sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 01:52   Link #433
Malkuth
Banned

That looked horrible

Like E8 and K-On, they forgot the impact that bones have in human movement
Old 2012-02-16, 01:57   Link #434
sirn
田舎者言うな

Eh, that was 3 years ago, when he was still a student (not to mention that MAD was a one-man work).
Maybe his recent (storyboard) work will make you happy:

I really like his work on Hidamari Sketch SP OP, so high anticipate for the episode, to me.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 02:00   Link #435
Malkuth
Banned

indeed it does, I hate that kind of approach, when you prioritize fluid motion over loyalty to the character designs... the newer ones are a lot better
Old 2012-02-16, 08:22   Link #436
Wigwams

maybe we gonna get ova episodes for tsukihi phoenix? you know, similar to tsubasa cat.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:35   Link #437
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm not waiting a year for those to come out rofl.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 19:47   Link #438
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Sasaki Mitsuru, in other word, this guy:

Ah i remember this video...
So he will make the story board for eps 7...
Nice nice...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 14:35   Link #439
redgrnbluylw

Okay, so there are two characters that still haven't shown up yet, a Yozuru and a Yotsugi, and we're already 7 episodes into an 11 episode series. We don't even know who they are, let alone what they look like or sound like. I seriously wonder what's going to happen now in Nise. And why is Tsukihi's arc only 4 episodes?
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 15:43   Link #440
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
Okay, so there are two characters that still haven't shown up yet, a Yozuru and a Yotsugi, and we're already 7 episodes into an 11 episode series. We don't even know who they are, let alone what they look like or sound like. I seriously wonder what's going to happen now in Nise. And why is Tsukihi's arc only 4 episodes?
Well, Nisemonogatari has two arcs, and they just finished the first of the two. It stands to reason that the two additional characters will be featured in the second arc to start next week.

And as for the rest... well, they're certainly keeping a bit of an air of mystery regarding the show. Time will tell...