AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2012-11-02, 22:07   Link #2081
RandomAvatarFan

In the anime, Rika is seen looking back at Satoko who is visibally upset right before she tells him this, so Seronei's interpretation is always the way I saw it.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 05:55   Link #2082
Draugur

Thanks, I think I didn't notice she was looking at Satoko then. That sounds plausible.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 11:33   Link #2083
Draugur

Maybe this question has come up yet but I can't find it right now. In Onikakushi (anime version), Keiichi is caught and beaten to unconsciousness by three Yamainu men. Obviously they should take him to the clinic so he could be treated by Dr. Irie. Why don't they take him there? Who took him home actually? And why exactly is Rena there? Did she find him while he was unconscious? If yes, how did she carry him home? I think this question also applies to the sound novel version although I don't remember it perfectly.
Old 2012-11-16, 23:02   Link #2084
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugur View Post
Maybe this question has come up yet but I can't find it right now. In Onikakushi (anime version), Keiichi is caught and beaten to unconsciousness by three Yamainu men. Obviously they should take him to the clinic so he could be treated by Dr. Irie. Why don't they take him there? Who took him home actually? And why exactly is Rena there? Did she find him while he was unconscious? If yes, how did she carry him home? I think this question also applies to the sound novel version although I don't remember it perfectly.
Well, in the sound novel, Rena says she found K1 a little after he ran away. He was dazed, but able to walk with her assistance. She brought him home and then called Irie and Mion. (If you play the SN, Rena's still in her school uniform at this point. In the anime, she's wearing her white dress.)

My interpretation is:
K1 accidentally stumbled on some Yamainu doing HGD preparations. They hit him so they could get the evidence away; they didn't realize he had Hinamizawa syndrome.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 05:08   Link #2085
Draugur

Thanks. Maybe in the anime version he's also supposed to walk with her assistance. I just can't imagine Rena carrying him home by herself.
Old 2012-11-30, 10:54   Link #2086
SuiiKa

I have some Questions about the behaviour of some people.

1.Meakashi-hen: Why does the people think thats its suspicious after Shion told them Keiichi was the first one who worried about Rika?

2.I am a bit confused about Bernkastel. We have a Frederika Bernkastel and a Bernkastel in Umineko. I read somewhere that both are 2 different person and that the Bernkastel in Higurashi has the good memories of Rika and that the Bernkastel in Umineko was splittet from Frederica and has the bad memories of the never ending fate of Rika.
But i am not sure if this is true or not.

Im sorry for my bad english. I tried my best =)
SuiiKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:42   Link #2087
battle22

Quote:
1.Meakashi-hen: Why does the people think thats its suspicious after Shion told them Keiichi was the first one who worried about Rika?
Simple, 'Why did Keiichi start to worry about Rika' Keiichi can't answer this question without sounding very suspicous . You can't tell people 'I told Rika that I snuck into the shrine and she might become OYashiros Victim Because that's what really happaned to the village leader'

Quote:
2.I am a bit confused about Bernkastel. We have a Frederika Bernkastel and a Bernkastel in Umineko. I read somewhere that both are 2 different person and that the Bernkastel in Higurashi has the good memories of Rika and that the Bernkastel in Umineko was splittet from Frederica and has the bad memories of the never ending fate of Rika.
But i am not sure if this is true or not.
Everyone has a different view, So allow me to tell you mine. ***SPOILERS FOR UMINEKO EP6*** I believe Higu is a gameboard between Lambda and Featherine, Bernkastel is Featherines Piece, Something happened to featherine (and Hanyuu became less positive) and Featherine Made her Piece Bern Play the game (Bern is a piece but she has her own piece too , which is rika). So Bern In the end won against Lambda with luck.
Old 2012-12-01, 07:11   Link #2088
SuiiKa

Hmm. Thanks.

I have some other questions.

1.Onikakushi hen: Why was Rena so strange after Keiichi asked her about Satoshi. I dont understand if this was a haluzination or if it was real. It was the first " Usoda" scene of Rena .
And how does Rena know that Keiichi lied there and that he was talking with Oishi.

2.Again Meakashi hen and Watanagashi hen: How do the village know who went into the Shrine. How did they find out?
Old 2012-12-01, 08:51   Link #2089
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiiKa View Post
Hmm. Thanks.

I have some other questions.

1.Onikakushi hen: Why was Rena so strange after Keiichi asked her about Satoshi. I dont understand if this was a haluzination or if it was real. It was the first " Usoda" scene of Rena .
And how does Rena know that Keiichi lied there and that he was talking with Oishi.

2.Again Meakashi hen and Watanagashi hen: How do the village know who went into the Shrine. How did they find out?
1. It's a hallucination. They ate at Angel Mort, Shion/Mion's uncle works there.

2. Shion tells it at the village meeting.
Seronei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:18   Link #2090
SuiiKa

Ok another question.

IN Higurashi no naku koroni KAI ep 16 at the end after the ending. The scene with Rika and Mion talking about Satoko and Satoshi. Im sure this scene is before Satoshi went mad and killed his Aunt because Rika is talking about someone will come to Hinamizawa. Im sure shes talking about Keiichi. But how is this possible. Rikas and Hanyuus power was lowered so that they can only jump 2 weeks back ( Minnagoroshi hen ). So tthe Rika in this world before the real RIka wwith all memories get in there dont know anything.

How is this possible that she knows about Keiichi there?
Old 2012-12-02, 16:57   Link #2091
TheGuraGuraMan

Since they're olders kakeras, they're simply not the 'originals" (first world).
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 01:02   Link #2092
Cifer

Choices in the VN

Hello, it's been a while since I played it, and google didn't help me with it: In a few places in the VN there are choices you can make (I remember the doll scene and protecting Satoko from the Mountain Hounds). Were there more, and what difference did each make exactly?
Cifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 17:39   Link #2093
Draugur

I think there are only these two choices and, as far as I know, there is no difference depending on your choice.
Old 2012-12-03, 22:02   Link #2094
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

"Protecting Satoko from the Mountain Hounds"?

Was that even a choice? Wasn't that the one where Rika makes the choice, and the game advances automatically?

There's also the fun red/blue box minigame in one of the TIPS where you choose which box to open.

But yeah, choices in Higurashi don't really do much.

There's also the bit in Matsuribayashi-hen where you have to select the kakera in the correct order. However, since there is only one correct order, it's not much of a choice. Although there is a secret combination that will allow you to unlock an alternative ending.
Old 2012-12-03, 22:23   Link #2095
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
"Protecting Satoko from the Mountain Hounds"?

Was that even a choice? Wasn't that the one where Rika makes the choice, and the game advances automatically?
Yeah, the game advances automatically after you wait awhile. If I remember correctly, the text was displayed in a way to make it look like you had to make a choice... when I played through the first time, I even thought I had to click one of them in the same way choices were given when Keiichi was giving Mion the doll. But none of the selections were clickable at all. They were just regular unclickable text. I thought it was a funny little trick though.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 03:07   Link #2096
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Yes, I think most people thought you had to click an option, but as Ryukishi07 later stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukishi07
選択肢が出るのは演出上の物で、実際に選ぶ事は出来ません。
そのキャラが自らの意思でその選択を選び取ったと考えて頂ければ幸いです。

[Rough translation]
We deliberately made it a choice that cannot be chosen.
I intended for the player to think that it shows the volition of the character [Rika].
It was a bit confusing, though.
Old 2012-12-06, 16:13   Link #2097
SuiiKa

I still have some questions ._. sorry that i am so annoying =)

About Higurashi Rei:

Is the first episode playing after Matsuribayashí-hen?

And about Saikoroshi-hen: Why did Rena act so strange after Rika asked her about the first Death of the Curse? She Said something extremly strange and became normal instantly.

And the last question: I didnt understand the role of Nomura. Did she plan the Hinamizawa Disaster and if yes why did Takano help her?
And why did she tell Okonogi to kill Takano at the end of Higurashi Kai?
Could someone tell me what her role in the story is?
Old 2012-12-06, 16:34   Link #2098
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Rei is a side-story, so don't expect it to exactly follow all canon. The Rei VN implies that the first chapter does take place after Matsuribayashi, but considering that

Spoiler for spoiler:

then there's no answer for that. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

I don't remeber that scene in Saikoroshi-hen so I won't answet the second question.

For the third question:
Spoiler for spoiler:
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 02:55   Link #2099
SuiiKa

So Takano got the blame in all stories ( Onikakushi, Tatarigoroshi etc. )even she thought she became god after the disaster?

So it was also a lie that Nomura promised her that she will get new opportunities for the research after the disaster?
Old 2012-12-07, 07:16   Link #2100
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Exactly. Takano was the scapegoat in every arc.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote