AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-12-01, 15:29   Link #20081
Mae
Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Mae Send a message via MSN to Mae
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Beat you to it; I mentioned the ship before you did.
-Salutes- Yes Captain!
Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 15:46   Link #20082
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Hm, out of curiosity, who's all on what ship? For me, right now I can think of the following: Nanoha/Yuuno, Fate/Yuuno, Hayate/Yuuno, Erio/Caro, Teana/Vice, Zafira/Arf, Erio/Lutecia, Griffith/Lucino, Yuuno/Alisa, hm... it's hard to think of them all... But I guess I'm the captain of the Vivio/Yuuno ship?

Anyways, I'm sure you can see the trend though I am on amiable terms with the yuri ships, some more so than others. I find Nanoha/Vita more appealing than NanoFate for one.
Old 2009-12-01, 15:52   Link #20083
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm a jumper, no single ship can ever receive my devotion. I simply like variety too much to tie down to one pairing and calling it my true favorite. The one exception is NanoVita. I like to think of myself as the captain of the NanoVita ship, at least around Animesuki. But even that only goes as far as 'I like this pairing slightly more than other Nanoha pairings.' I hold no illusions of it's canonicity, nor will I ever raise any serious debate on it's official status.

Bottom line: I ship virtually everything as long as I think it's cute. NanoFate has grown stale for me, so you won't see me doing that much, but beyond that there are few pairings I would consider too crazy to ship.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 15:53   Link #20084
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I pretty much like any Nanoha pairing that appeals to me, though ViCia is my OTP as far as writing goes. I barely ever write any real NanoFate because it's been done so many times that I've lost interest in trying my hand at it, unless I can develop a good plot and then add the romance as a secondary factor to the main story.
Old 2009-12-01, 16:06   Link #20085
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I agree with you on the NanoFate part. Not only is it over done, but everyone goes on about how they're the 'perfect couple.' Perfection is boring. With NanoVita, at least there's Vita's tsundere-ness to spice things up a bit
Old 2009-12-01, 16:10   Link #20086
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
I jump ships way too much to really list them. Instead, I'll list ships that I just do NOT like at all: Tea/Nanoha, Subaru/Nanoha, Erio/Fate. Everything else is hit and miss or liked by me. I think my fave pair of all would be Vivio/Syn though. My new ships include ViCia and Vivio/yuuno but only in 00-raiser's world. Then again, I only like ViCia in Beamer's world.

@Keroko: Rule 34 huh?.....

Is the thread interested in a Alts!Nanoha x Fate x Alts!Alicia 3-way?

[EDIT]: NanoFate is perfect couple? I don't think so. No couple is perfect. I think that's why a good chunk of my stories involve them fighting with each other in some way, shape, or form. Real couples fight from time to time, after all.

*thinks* I wonder what couples would fight over...
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:10   Link #20087
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Alicia is a lot nicer than I thought she would be.
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:12   Link #20088
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Is the thread interested in a Alts!Nanoha x Fate x Alts!Alicia 3-way?
... Do you really think it was needed to even ask?
Old 2009-12-01, 16:14   Link #20089
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... Do you really think it was needed to even ask?
Well, always good to know what I'm getting myself into.

(I havn't forgotten about ViCia lemon either)
Old 2009-12-01, 16:14   Link #20090
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Then again, I only like ViCia in Beamer's world.
You've read my whole series? o_O
Old 2009-12-01, 16:20   Link #20091
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I think I go a slightly different way than most people. To me, shipping is part of the characters themselves. If it's obvious two people like each other in a series, then I consider it part of their character to end up together. And that's what I strive for when I write; I want to see how close I can come to accurate characterization.

And I'm also a softy for happy endings. Sure, real life can't promise a happy end, but that's why I read fantasy; to escape into something not like real life. I want to come out of it feeling better.

For anyone who hasn't indicated they like someone, then yeah, it's fair game. My only considerations then are: "Is the development of the relationship believable? Do the characters stay true to who they are?" That's part of the reason I've started to play with Signum/Vice. I wanna take the barest hints, and see if I can do a believable relationship development between them. (I also think there's plenty of room for humor there, too :P )

But perfection doesn't make for a good story, either. Hurdles in the path to a relationship (or during one) make things more interesting. There has to be plot, some antagonizing element that challenges them. Only when they've struggled and overcome that, does the relationship seem more "real" and more satisfying to me. Even among shipping couples I really like, it's damn hard to read them being all lovey-dovey 24/7 with the vaguest hint of a plot. I understand that appeals to some, though. Twilight pretty much shines as the premier example of this, and why I dislike it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:26   Link #20092
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I think I go a slightly different way than most people. To me, shipping is part of the characters themselves. If it's obvious two people like each other in a series, then I consider it part of their character to end up together. And that's what I strive for when I write; I want to see how close I can come to accurate characterization.
And this is exactly why I have trouble with Hayate/Yuuno, which, though a semi-popular Hayate pairing, my mind has trouble putting these two together. This is mostly because we have never seen Hayate and Yuuno so much as talk together, which makes the pairing feel like one created to just shove Hayate and Yuuno away from the NanoFate front, since we barely even know how the two get along, much less how deeply.
Old 2009-12-01, 16:32   Link #20093
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Anyone who has been in IRC long enough knows that majority of the IRCers are Non-Shippers, myself included.

I don't care what pairing you like--you're free to enjoy whatever you wish. I just ask you don't be a dick about it and incite some sort of shipwar in defense of your chosen ship. Fortunately, it seems such behavior has been virtually absent as of late. *knocks on wood*
Old 2009-12-01, 16:44   Link #20094
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Hm, out of curiosity, who's all on what ship? For me, right now I can think of the following: Nanoha/Yuuno, Fate/Yuuno, Hayate/Yuuno, Erio/Caro, Teana/Vice, Zafira/Arf, Erio/Lutecia, Griffith/Lucino, Yuuno/Alisa, hm... it's hard to think of them all... But I guess I'm the captain of the Vivio/Yuuno ship?

Anyways, I'm sure you can see the trend though I am on amiable terms with the yuri ships, some more so than others. I find Nanoha/Vita more appealing than NanoFate for one.
What ships I'm on...

... The Relationships series covers most of them. ^^;;

Even though Ginga added with Nove and Wendi was something out of the blue.

Anyway, my ships are mostly the following...

NanoFate, Fate/Yuuno, Nanoha/Yuuno, Chrono/Amy, Hayate/Vita, Arf/Zafira, Caro/Erio, Erio/Caro/Lutecia, Subaru/Teana, Nove/Wendi

I support other, random pairings too. Even ones that are out of nowhere.

Just ask RadiantBeam. XD

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:44   Link #20095
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And this is exactly why I have trouble with Hayate/Yuuno, which, though a semi-popular Hayate pairing, my mind has trouble putting these two together. This is mostly because we have never seen Hayate and Yuuno so much as talk together, which makes the pairing feel like one created to just shove Hayate and Yuuno away from the NanoFate front, since we barely even know how the two get along, much less how deeply.
I like Hayate/yuuno, but only in my 6th Division storyline, where they are often together. after Hayate's (no so secret) crush was let out, they slowly became a couple over the span of the three books :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Anyone who has been in IRC long enough knows that majority of the IRCers are Non-Shippers, myself included.

I don't care what pairing you like--you're free to enjoy whatever you wish. I just ask you don't be a dick about it and incite some sort of shipwar in defense of your chosen ship. Fortunately, it seems such behavior has been virtually absent as of late. *knocks on wood*
I haven't heard of any ship wars lately either *knocks on wood as well*
Old 2009-12-01, 16:44   Link #20096
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Ah, NaNo is finally over, and while I am working on the next chapter of Angel, I had this little short come into my head . Earlier, there was some mention of a "what if Nanoha and Precia had bonded"...so here's a one-shot!

...Nanoha, don't you know not to talk to strangers?

A Mysterious Encounter?

Spoiler for A Mysterious Encounter?:
Whoa...so basically Nanoha is going through the same path she would have...but with a different side. *shivers* At least its better than her being the Emonoha

Wont need it anymore?! *gasp* dont tell me she...she--!!

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:47   Link #20097
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
She killed them both, dammit!
Old 2009-12-01, 16:53   Link #20098
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
...now the story's pretty well and spoiled, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Whoa...so basically Nanoha is going through the same path she would have...but with a different side. *shivers* At least its better than her being the Emonoha

Now I really want to avoid the movie manga....

Sorry, gotta tell you that she--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight Gafgar View Post
Other Device = almost certainly Bardiche = "old user won't need it anymore" = abandoned/dead Fate.

Edit: Drat, beat to it already.
Now, when you put it that way, it sounds so awful!

About the shipping, my residence is on the NanoFate ship, with a spare room on the ViCia ship . I like jumping around too though .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:55   Link #20099
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Now, when you put it that way, it sounds so awful!
It is awful, especially since you're leaving it to our imaginations, which is much worse than being straightforward!

Quote:
About the shipping, my residence is on the NanoFate ship, with a spare room on the ViCia ship . I like jumping around too though .
Whoo, someone else sails on the ViCia ship!
Old 2009-12-01, 17:00   Link #20100
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Whoo, someone else sails on the ViCia ship!
*sailor outfit* reporting cap'in~

We are the Vi-Ciaaaa ship-pers~ we just sit at home and write our song~
and if you ask usss to ship others~ we'll just tell youuu... we'll ship others @_@

(mega cookies if you get the reference that was butchered by my singing wrong lyrics)

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha